My gun and holster - Page 2

My gun and holster

This is a discussion on My gun and holster within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jmf552 Nobody generally looks at my underwear either, but if my u-trou looked that ratty, I'd throw 'em out! Also, if you ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: My gun and holster

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Nobody generally looks at my underwear either, but if my u-trou looked that ratty, I'd throw 'em out!

Also, if you have to use it for SD, the cops are gonna go...Really? They would probably show it around the squad room and get a huge round of laughs over it. It would be embarrassing.
    But it is guaranteed it won't go missing from the evidence locker or get returned all buggered up.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    I was thinking about maybe NO. Who looks at my concealed carry anyway?
    Everyone who innocently clicked on this thread.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Up to 153 views so far...

Guess my estimate might have been off a wee bit.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    The numbers are going up...and so is my opinion on the looks of my G26.
    kerberos, hogdaddy and Militant like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

VIP Member
    What's that acronym Brownie uses? YHGTBSM...
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I do LOVE a well worn holster and rig. God knows my Kimber has some serious wear on it after 14 years...I think it's just the green snot. just take a magic marker and black it out. I will feel so much better.

The holster? Meh, well loved, like an old dog (I have one of those).

The things you see in gun shops, and evidence lockers...
    Old Man and GpTom like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Distinguished Member
    I quit waiting for somebody to come up with an 8 round magazine for the LCP. I didn't like the 1.25" extension because it cost me capacity. So I was able to keep the 7+1 and add an extension for the pinky finger by adding a Pachmayr extension onto the bottom of a standard 7+1 magazine. I drilled a hole through each and screwed them together and then I used ribbon epoxy to fill in the joint line and to round off the back of the magazine extension so that I could draw it from my pocket with very little drag.
    Thought I would show you where I am with my holster. I took a Veridian reactive holster and glued on the bottom part of a Blackhawk holster to square up the bottom of the holster so it sits higher in my pocket. Then I glued the felt part of the Velcrow to the side so that I can hang it on the console in my car. I glued on some close cell foam-- the white stuff- so that the holster doesn't print as bad in my pocket. The problem with the Viridian holsters is that they tend to collapse after a while so I reinforced mine with some gorilla tape in the weaker areas. So I have been carrying the gun and holster like this for a while now and it looks like it will last good like this.
    You have certainly placed a lot of thought and some time into this project with the result being a high level of personal customization. I think I can say "You made it yours."

This brought back some memories of other weapons that had been customized or specially individually manufactured. Here's an open bolt machine pistol from the Brazil. Note the charging handle and safety placement on the left side of the receiver, the ventilation holes, large trigger guard, and finger grooves for the pistol grip. I heard someone say that this ran like a striped _s_ ape.

My gun and holster-southamericanhomemadepistol2.jpg
    kerberos, GpTom and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    It looks like you chose the thug life, bro!
    My first thought was "he bubba'd it".
    jmf552 and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I am having a good laugh too. But the real joke is that I'll bet that there is more than one person who has thought "WOW an 8 round magazine for the LCP now that will sell." or somebody who actually realized that that holster will fit your pocket better than any that you can buy new. Because my holster keeps the gun at the right height and cant in the pocket to draw it properly. Then you have to realize that the people who made the 1.25" extension failed because you have to sacrifice the capacity of the magazine. They could have had something that everybody would have wanted if they would have just engineered it properly. As long as people will buy whatever is available for your carry weapon then THEY don't have to try to make anything that is better and you will keep settling for whatever you can get and that is what I think is really funny.
    Old Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    That's about the most jerry rigged gun and holster combo I've ever seen.

Looks like something that would come out of a 3rd world barrio.
    Don't know how you look at that but I don't see it as an insult. I'll bet a lot of people customize when their life depends on it.
    Old Man likes this.

Yeah! I guess it won't win any beauty contests. But it fits my hand now.
    And that's what's important.
    viney266 and Old Man like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

If I was U, I would patent it. Probably clean up in S. Chicago sold as a package unit.....

Screw looks, but yeah, itís ugly.

However, my main concern would be the reliability of that cobbled up magazine. Iíd much rather have a good solid 5 or 6 round mag than one that looks like it could come apart or is jerry rigged.

Actually, now that I think about it, just donít do that anymore.....just donít.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

So the whole thing is about having the whole package. Having enough grip on the gun to be able to hit a target without having to sacrifice the magazine capacity and still having a gun that I can carry and draw easily from my pocket. I am surprised that some of you got so caught up in the looks of of it that you missed the whole concept. I guess I should have polished it up and painted the epoxy black but I thought that I was showing this to men who cared about guns and holsters and how to defend themselves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links