The M1 Carbine I Cherry Picked

This is a discussion on The M1 Carbine I Cherry Picked within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Most of y'all know I was moving some M1 Carbines. I cherry picked the second nicest of the bunch for me (the nicest one was ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: The M1 Carbine I Cherry Picked

VIP Member

Most of y'all know I was moving some M1 Carbines. I cherry picked the second nicest of the bunch for me (the nicest one was an unissued carbine northward of 3k).

Here's the Saginaw 1942/43 receiver with matching barrel. It's obviously been rearsenaled due to the bayo lug and safety. But she's mine.

The M1 Carbine I Cherry Picked-20190304_192315.jpg
    ugh762x39, rocky, OlCop and 22 others like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    That's sweet.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Nice, that's why I could never work in a gun shop. My whole paycheck would be spent before I got it.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Nice, that's why I could never work in a gun shop. My whole paycheck would be spent before I got it.
    Yea, it sucks when the boss hands you a "DUE BILL" instead of a paycheck.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I got to fondle a nice numbers matching carbine last Sat. An Inland if I remember correctly. Price was $995.00

That was a nice pick up Third Shift.
    msgt/ret and Chicagobill like this.

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Nice. I am jealous for sure.
    Chicagobill and msgt/ret like this.
    ďI wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on. I donít do these things to other people and I require the same from them.Ē John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Amen. I would still love to have the job!!

Very nice rifle!!!
    msgt/ret likes this.

Ex Member
    Very nice. They had been phased out of service when I joined the Corps. Many ended up with the South Vietnam Army. When I was in country I had the opportunity to try one on a combined practice exercise. I loved the rifle. It is a nice combination of form and function. Too bad they just did not perfect the ammo for it to increase its lethality instead of abandoning the gun. But that is beyond my expertise so I mourn its loss without being judge mental. I still think it is a beautiful rifle.
    ThirdShift likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    I got to fondle a nice numbers matching carbine last Sat. An Inland if I remember correctly. Price was $995.00

That was a nice pick up Third Shift.
    There was also an AMT semi auto and Ruger Super Blackhawk both chambered in 30 Carbine.
    5lima30ret and Pete63 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    There was also an AMT semi auto and Ruger Super Blackhawk both chambered in 30 Carbine.
    The SBH in 30 Carbine is LOUD.
    5lima30ret and Pete63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    The SBH in 30 Carbine is LOUD.
    I have one, last time I took it to the range another shooter said it was 3db below a nuke.
    Pete63, OD*, montejames and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

She's a beauty. I'm surprised I never did buy one after I got home.

That's what I was issued my first year. Sure wish those bayonets had been more available. They'd have made a nice carry knife. I had a claymore bag full of 30 rounders. After they issued us M16s, I later bought a folding stock M2. I loved that one. Killed a ton of rats with it along the river bunkers. We'd pull the bullets and dump some of the powder to make them quieter. Sometimes I'd load shot from shells I'd scrounge from the gate guards. Many years later, I read in a loading manual that the powder used was probably H110 and it specifally warns against using reduced charges. I guess that's why I always carried a cleaning rod when I was shooting rats. Once in a while a bullet wouldn't make it out the barrel.

They are so light and handy, with the right bullets, they would be perfect for the little women at home.
    OD* likes this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    With a friend browsing a Pawn Shop, watched a customer bring in two M1 Carbines! We put our names on the counter. After the right wait time, for $500? each, we still have them. They had sat in a German Government armoury for years.
    OD* and airslot like this.

1943 Inland has been my companion for about 45 years. Rode with me in a patrol car, rode with me in an unmarked unit, usually goes with me on road trips, the rest of the time is spent at home with a Seymour 30-round mag inserted and two Inland 15-round mags in the stock pouch.

Not all that accurate, maybe 5" groups at 100 yards on a good day. Not all that powerful, probably equivalent to a .32-20, nowhere near what is needed for serious hunting. The strong points are absolute reliability (with good ammo & mags), 36" overall length, about 5 lbs. empty weight, very easy to carry and handle in just about any situation, and able to provide much greater range with accuracy than any handgun (which was the original concept back in the day).
    OD* and airslot like this.

MJK
    I have an Inland which saw service in Israel and was returned to the US without an import stamp. It has become my primary HD weapon loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 110ís.

In one of bis books Jim Cirillo speaks highly of the .30 Carbineís street performance. His word carries a lot of weight with me.
    OD* and Pete63 like this.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, Iíll kill you all."
    ó James ďMad DogĒ Mattis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links