@Tstone, Hamer Special - Page 4

@Tstone, Hamer Special

This is a discussion on @Tstone, Hamer Special within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OD* Did you ever get a hold of Colt? No, got tied up with other stuff. I need to work on that ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 131
Like Tree669Likes

Thread: @Tstone, Hamer Special

  1. #46
    VIP Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baja Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Did you ever get a hold of Colt?
    No, got tied up with other stuff. I need to work on that this week.
    OD*, Pete63 and gatorbait51 like this.


    Send bachelors and come heavily armed.
    The difference between a Socialist and a Communist is that the Socialist doesn't have all the guns yet.
    Black Rifles Matter

  2. #47
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,393
    I'm going to try again tomorrow.
    CWOUSCG, Pete63 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  3. #48
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,393
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    No, got tied up with other stuff. I need to work on that this week.
    Well, I finally reached Colt Customer Service, Colt stopped shipping with two magazine in November 2018.
    Pete63 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #49
    Senior Member
    Array Tstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Well, I finally reached Colt Customer Service, Colt stopped shipping with two magazine in November 2018.

    That's disappointing, to say the least. It's difficult to imagine a new handgun that comes with only one magazine, especially from a big name like Colt. You'd think since the gun is chambered in a caliber that isn't particularly common, they'd add a second mag to the package. Does Colt offer spare mags in Super .38?
    OD*, Pete63, gatorbait51 and 1 others like this.
    "...Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air
    sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware...
    "

    Rush / Red Barchetta

  6. #50
    Senior Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    404 Page Not Found
    Posts
    22,641
    Cheapskates.
    OD*, Tstone, bmcgilvray and 2 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here



    "If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

  7. #51
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    That's disappointing, to say the least. It's difficult to imagine a new handgun that comes with only one magazine, especially from a big name like Colt. You'd think since the gun is chambered in a caliber that isn't particularly common, they'd add a second mag to the package. Does Colt offer spare mags in Super .38?
    They must really be hurting this time around is all I can think off.
    I've only seen Colt's magazines listed on Brownell's, and then at $40.99 for a $15.00 Checkmate made magazine with their name on it.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  8. #52
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Cheapskates.
    I liked your first post better.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  9. #53
    Senior Member
    Array Tstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    They must really be hurting this time around is all I can think off.
    I've only seen Colt's magazines listed on Brownell's, and then at $40.99 for a $15.00 Checkmate made magazine with their name on it.

    Yikes. That's a ridiculous price.


    FWIW - There are a few mags for that caliber on the Gun Mag Warehouse site.

    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/catalogs...%20super%20.38
    "...Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air
    sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware...
    "

    Rush / Red Barchetta

  10. #54
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    Yikes. That's a ridiculous price.


    FWIW - There are a few mags for that caliber on the Gun Mag Warehouse site.

    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/catalogs...%20super%20.38
    I have three of their Metalform's coming.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  11. #55
    Senior Member
    Array Tstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I have three of their Metalform's coming.

    I should've known you'd be all over it.
    "...Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air
    sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware...
    "

    Rush / Red Barchetta

  12. #56
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    I should've known you'd be all over it.
    I was going to order some Check-Mate's also, but they didn't have any in stock Friday.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  13. #57
    Senior Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    17,596
    Whoa Dan. I just now stumbled onto this thread.

    I didn't know you were so multi-dimensional in your tastes in 1911 guns, having a .38 Super.

    That's just way cool!

    Did you happen to post an introductory thread for it elsewhere, with your shooting impressions? Inquiring minds want to know.

    I like the notion of .38 Super for handloading fun and for totin'.
    Pete63, OD*, Tstone and 6 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

    ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

  14. #58
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staff lounge
    Posts
    21,393
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Whoa Dan. I just now stumbled onto this thread.

    I didn't know you were so multi-dimensional in your tastes in 1911 guns, having a .38 Super.

    That's just way cool!

    Did you happen to post an introductory thread for it elsewhere, with your shooting impressions? Inquiring minds want to know.

    I like the notion of .38 Super for handloading fun and for totin'.
    No sir, I have not had it to the range yet, we are shooting for Friday. (yeah I know, bad pun ) I am seriously looking forward to doing so, Bryan, this thing has an amazing trigger for out of the box stock, and me replacing the hammer.

    We do have another thread running you might like, about the new Frank Hamer/Maney Gault movie coming out on Nexflix 3/29.
    https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...teresting.html

    And @Tstone's

    https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-massacre.html
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."




    NRA Patron Member

  15. #59
    Senior Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    17,596
    Thanks bunches for the links Dan. I'll have a look. May have seen one of them. May not have though.

    That's very encouraging to hear about that trigger. I love a good trigger. So you had the good fortune to gain an improved trigger with your little switch-a-roo, or did you accomplish some special attention to trigger work while you were at it?

    Would be grateful to hear of your shooting impressions with the new .38 Super pistola.

    Bad!

    Bad influence OD*!

    Bad ... bad ... bad influence!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

    ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

  16. #60
    VIP Member
    Array PhaedrusIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,662
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Thanks bunches for the links Dan. I'll have a look. May have seen one of them. May not have though.

    That's very encouraging to hear about that trigger. I love a good trigger. So you had the good fortune to gain an improved trigger with your little switch-a-roo, or did you accomplish some special attention to trigger work while you were at it?

    Would be grateful to hear of your shooting impressions with the new .38 Super pistola.

    Bad!

    Bad influence OD*!

    Bad ... bad ... bad influence!
    bmcgilvray, OD*, Tstone and 3 others like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hamer pistol

Click on a term to search for related topics.