@Tstone, Hamer Special - Page 7

@Tstone, Hamer Special

This is a discussion on @Tstone, Hamer Special within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have you seen this one, Reid?...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree669Likes

Thread: @Tstone, Hamer Special

Senior Moderator
    Have you seen this one, Reid?

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

I had not seen this. It looks like they went to a lot of trouble, and expense, to make this film. This behind the scenes video is giving me the impression the film will be a very good one.

Thank you for the link!

(Yep. I'm definitely gonna be losing sleep tonight if it's available for viewing after midnight!)
    OD*, bmcgilvray, Sister and 1 others like this.
    "How's the view from up there Mr. Hoover? You high-flyin' sissy."

Maney Gault - The Highwaymen

Senior Moderator
    I hope that's not all the good parts!

Seriously, it does look damn good to me.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

NRA Patron Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Great stuff Dan!

I sorta knew that though it hasn't fully soaked into my pea-brain to this point. I think my brain has dried up anyway. No power of recall. I didn't realize, or had forgotten that the pistol predated the introduction of the .38 Super by a few years. Sure don't blame Colt of the 1920s for ditching the primitive .38 Auto pistol designs for the excellent Government Model as a basis for the cartridge. The "jazzed-up" version of the cartridge was a natural for the robust automatic. Even in the face of the supposed "advantages" afforded by "improved bullet technology" applied to 9mm as well as the advent of the admittedly excellent .357 SIG, the .38 Super looks to be a genuinely first rate performer, still valid here into the second decade of the 21st century. I've long held that .38 Super (and .357 SIG) was everything the 9mm cartridge was cracked up to be, yet really wasn't.

Don't think I ever knew that Colt lost the copyright to "Super .38 Auto" to United States Firearms Company. That's kinda finky, even if U. S. F. C.'s goals were laudable and they were said to produce quality products. I know "it's not business," but the rights ought to just be awarded back to Colt gratis.

Just 'cause ...

I love period pieces, especially that period in 20th century history in America. Gotta see that film!

Would like to read more about production. Not much out there yet. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242/

We really need to have a photographic thread of "guns of the era". Let's see ... what would be a good thread title? Would be instructive to have a Forum look at what is still out there and to consider how suitable the guns still can be. It's amazing to consider just how very capable so many firearms of that era really were back then ... and still are today. So many folks don't realize the effectiveness that can be brought to bear using guns from the 1900 to 1940 time period. We have not truly advanced in firearms technology as far as many think that we have. Besides, it's always fun to stick up gun photos and to see what other members have got out there. Fixin' ta' head to the range for a bit of practice before a gun show security stint this weekend so don't have time to fire up a thread just now.
    Tstone, OD*, PhaedrusIV and 4 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Moderator
    Excellent idea Bryan, you should go first, I think you own an example of every gun made in that era!

Qualification; do the firearms need to have actually been produce in that era, or can they be reproductions?

NRA Patron Member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    I had not seen this. It looks like they went to a lot of trouble, and expense, to make this film. This behind the scenes video is giving me the impression the film will be a very good one.

Thank you for the link!

(Yep. I'm definitely gonna be losing sleep tonight if it's available for viewing after midnight!)
    Well, it wasn't too bad, they cut out a couple good parts IMO.

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    .38 Super
    What does a Hotel have to do with it?

Confusing thread, nice gun pics though 👍
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

VIP Member

Latest Latinas

Name:  IMG_4051.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  49.3 KBName:  IMG_4052.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  49.5 KB

Okay, trying again. Mechis y La Vaquera
    TALO/Colt lightweight Commanders. Shoot great, recoil is next to nothing. Better guns than i am a shooter.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Senior Moderator
    There ya go, Dave.

Couple beautiful Colt's you have there amigo.

NRA Patron Member

^^^^^ What Dan said ! ^^^^^

WOOF !
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Senior Moderator
    Gatorbait;

Don't you go and make me take my eyes off my goal of adding a vintage Marlin Model 39 to the menagerie with your stinkin' ol' .38 Supers/Super .38s and showing your latest new acquisitions as well!

Just don't ya' do it!

I'm gonna have to look in the "moderator glossary of infractible offenses" to see if there is something with which to ding you for: fomenting firearms envy, inducing powerful cravings and hankerings, and spreading general discontent because a certain gun is not possessed.

Otherwise known as: unauthorized tweaking of someone else's "wanter button."

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Gatorbait;

Don't you go and make me take my eyes off my goal of adding a vintage Marlin Model 39 to the menagerie with your stinkin' ol' .38 Supers/Super .38s and showing your latest new acquisitions as well!

Just don't ya' do it!

I'm gonna have to look in the "moderator glossary of infractible offenses" to see if there is something with which to ding you for: fomenting firearms envy, inducing powerful cravings and hankerings, and spreading general discontent because a certain gun is not possessed.

Otherwise known as: unauthorized tweaking of someone else's "wanter button."
    Oh you know you need, no, crave , your own gatita salvaje :-)
    OD*, Pete63, bmcgilvray and 2 others like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Senior Moderator
    I do gatorbait! I do need one!
    OD*, airslot, gatorbait51 and 2 others like this.

Just watch the movie on Netflix about Frank Hamer. Nice movie. Interesting man.
    OD* and gatorbait51 like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    Have you taken it for a spin yet?
    @Tstone , finally had the chance to get to the range and put a few rounds thru the "Hamer Special"

All I can say is, I wish I would have bought a Super, much, much sooner than I did (shoulda listened to @gatorbait51 ). Didn't put many rounds through it this trip, but next time there won't be any time constraints. Anyway, not a hiccup with either the PMC Bronze 130 grain nor the Underwood's bonded 124's at 1350fps. Mostly shooting it for function testing so was only shooting at 21 feet, but it easily chewed out the 10 ring, I'm pretty damn happy with it.

NRA Patron Member

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links