Weapons for school staff

Weapons for school staff

This is a discussion on Weapons for school staff within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; -------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Like Tree49Likes
  • 18 Post By cal44
  • 17 Post By sammeow
  • 1 Post By Wavygravy
  • 1 Post By CG11
  • 6 Post By CDW4ME
  • 3 Post By sdprof
  • 2 Post By HotBrass45
  • 1 Post By Nmuskier

Thread: Weapons for school staff

Weapons for school staff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:  school.jpeg
Views: 142
Size:  12.5 KB
    Sister, pskys2, G26Raven and 15 others like this.

It will never work in your state. Gov Moonbeam saw to that.
    Of course, your government is so top heavy, that only crooks and politicians can have concealed permits!
    I need to correct my previous statement. They are one and the same!
    CANT is still the best option. Tom TKH

Weapons for school staff-5305695d-a552-4a95-8e1a-d7982e80cfad.png
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    I taught music.

gasmitty likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Don't forget the buckets of rocks, golf balls, and gun-free signs.
    OneGunTX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Don't forget the buckets of rocks, golf balls, and gun-free signs.
    Or canned vegetables.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I wish I could have carried as a teacher, 19 years of being disarmed at work after I had been a cop.
    Anyway, the main "weapon" needed on a regular basis isn't a gun:

Who wants take on that much risk , in a public school, even if they had the option.
    In one district as assistant principal I could have used corporal punishment, still legal if parent signed form, I adamantly declined.
    No way. I'd have to have written immunity from any & all criminal and civil actions, which wasn't gonna happen.
    I was like nope, nope, nope; I wasn't hired back at end of year, non-tenured contract not renewed. Oh well.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

In all seriousness the town that protested the most against the new state police firearms training range has now decided to arm their school guards. Griswold in eastern CT has shone that common sense does still exist in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    In all seriousness the town that protested the most against the new state police firearms training range has now decided to arm their school guards. Griswold in eastern CT has shone that common sense does still exist in some places.
    Brilliant. Because an unarmed guard is not a guard. He's just a security monitor.
    redmc, Wavygravy and Gabill like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I wish I could have carried as a teacher, 19 years of being disarmed at work after I had been a cop.

Who wants take on that much risk , in a public school, even if they had the option.
    In one district as assistant principal I could have used corporal punishment, still legal if parent signed form, I adamantly declined.
    No way. I'd have to have written immunity from any & all criminal and civil actions, which wasn't gonna happen.
    I was like nope, nope, nope; I wasn't hired back at end of year, non-tenured contract not renewed. Oh well.
    You get great paddle speed with them holes in it ; ) PS When I was in school I got the paddle a few times
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I have seen one of those before. Or rather, my ass has seen one of those before.
    Gabill and hogdaddy like this.
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

Quote Originally Posted by cal44 View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:  school.jpeg
Views: 142
Size:  12.5 KB
    That's funny!
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    I have seen one of those before. Or rather, my ass has seen one of those before.
    I was paddled once in my entire k-12 "sentence".
    I was new to the school, 4th grade; some other boys encouraged me to call the gym teacher by his first name, said the teacher would think it was funny. I naively believed them and the result was being sent to the principal for disrespect. The paddle at school did not concern me near as much as wondering whether he had called my parents, I was very worried about the possibility that my parents were told I had been disrespectful to a teacher. Apparently that call wasn't made and I was disinclined to volunteer any unrequested negative information.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

So many adults admonish corporal punishment. It harms the child's psyche and doesn't teach the desired behavior. But there were no school shootings either, so...
    Rockymonster likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Saw a lot of these "back in the day" ...mid to late 60s,luckily not up close and personal.My lady science teacher in 6th grade could have made the Yankees back then with her home run swing.

Sponsored Links