Sig's DAK triggers

Sig's DAK triggers

This is a discussion on Sig's DAK triggers within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ran across a P239 DAK this past weekend and I'm thinking about going back for it, hard to pass up at $380 but I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bigsteve113
  • 1 Post By subhuman

Thread: Sig's DAK triggers

Sig's DAK triggers

I ran across a P239 DAK this past weekend and I'm thinking about going back for it, hard to pass up at $380 but I know nothing about the feel of shooting one of these pistols, from what I've read to get the light 6lb trigger every shot you have t let it all the way out after each shot, if you ride the trigger to reset you get a heavy DAO type pull of 10lb +/- , seems counter intuitive to me but like I said I haven't shot one, do any of you guys use a DAK pistol for a carry?, if I do pick it up and can't adjust my mind to it it can just be a range gun I guess
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

I have not tried one but it is essentially a DA system, even though they have others called DA.

See, I am no help.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I never had a SIG DAK. But, I like DAO triggers so I figure I'd really like a DAK. To my understanding, the 10 lb "short stroke" trigger pull was more of a safety system just in case you short stroked the trigger. Many folks that are not used to DAO/DAK and tend to not let the trigger fully back out for the required reset. With the DAK, if you do that, you'll at least be able to still get a shot off, albeit at the price of a much higher poundage than normal.

For that price I'd probably get it. I do have a DA/SA P239 in .40. It is a fine pistol, very reliable, very accurate. It just is kinda big and heavy for what it is. It weighs 29 oz I believe, with a nag capacity of 7 rds. I can get that capacity and size with my Shield .40 for 20 oz and I'm just lazy enough to let hat influence my carry pieces.

Still though, the P239 is a much nicer pistol overall. But, you should know going into it that the P239 has been discontinued by SIG. Many parts are interchangeable with other SIG P series pistols, but some are not. So if you do it, I'd get a coupla P239 parts kits for spare parts.
    Pete63 and subhuman like this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

VIP Member
    @subhuman , .40 cal.?
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    @subhuman , .40 cal.?
    Nope it's a 9mm
    Pete63 likes this.
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Sponsored Links