Springfield Armory Ultra Compact 1911 double stack??

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory Ultra Compact 1911 double stack?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have any experience with the Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 double stack?? Local pawn shop has one that's a little bit on the worn side ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 2 Post By krunchnik
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By WebleyHunter
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 2 Post By Rabbit212
  • 2 Post By WebleyHunter
  • 1 Post By hardluk1
  • 1 Post By OD*
  • 1 Post By ca survivor

Thread: Springfield Armory Ultra Compact 1911 double stack??

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar

Anyone have any experience with the Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 double stack?? Local pawn shop has one that's a little bit on the worn side but I can probably get it for around $350. Novack style sights, parkarized finish, fits good in the hand and I have absolutely zero need for it but.......
    Couple of recent purchases left my wallet empty but it's a pawn shop so layaway is 40 down and months and months to pay. Thinking this would be a good 1911 to tinker around on without laying out to much green. Anyways anyone ever owned one?? Thanks
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

This is not the pistol itself just a picture of the interwebs
    Springfield Armory Ultra Compact 1911 double stack??-screenshot_20190506-165319_samsung-internet.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Seems like a fairly rare specimen-kinda resembling the Para Hogs
    I would assume mags are a little difficult to find-probably same mags as the Para
    Rabbit212 and gatorbait51 like this.
    THE CROW

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by krunchnik View Post
    Seems like a fairly rare specimen-kinda resembling the Para Hogs
    I would assume mags are a little difficult to find-probably same mags as the Para
    Well I have been able to find its mags on the internet and seems it uses the same recoil springs as the Colt officers model and hammer and firing pin springs from the Springfield compact......bit of a hodge podge.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I had a Springfield Micro-Compact GI (made in Brazil) that locked up the slide after just a couple hundred rounds due to manufacturing defects. Is the gun your are looking at US or Brazil manufacture?
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    I had a Springfield Micro-Compact GI (made in Brazil) that locked up the slide after just a couple hundred rounds due to manufacturing defects. Is the gun your are looking at US or Brazil manufacture?
    Hmmmm I didn't really look and honestly to me it's not a big deal as and I could be wrong here as things may have changed but my understanding was that all Springers 1911 start life in Brazil. If I recall correctly IMBEL in Brazil makes their frames and maybe their slides as well could have changed since last time I checked into it but that topic been beaten to death on the 1911 forums for years. IMBEL is NOT Taurus and they are considered a top notch manufacturer and the 1911 forums consensus is that unless the Brazil stamp bothers you the firearm is Good To Go. Of course your Brazil made Springer did malfunction but then again everyone will make a lemon now and then.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Heck I been looking for a Chinese made 1911 at a decent price for years as they have the reputation of being a frame to build a serious 1911 on. Something about the steel being old railroad tracks or so the story goes.
    gatorbait51 and Workaholic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Hmmmm I didn't really look and honestly to me it's not a big deal as and I could be wrong here as things may have changed but my understanding was that all Springers 1911 start life in Brazil. If I recall correctly IMBEL in Brazil makes their frames and maybe their slides as well could have changed since last time I checked into it but that topic been beaten to death on the 1911 forums for years. IMBEL is NOT Taurus and they are considered a top notch manufacturer and the 1911 forums consensus is that unless the Brazil stamp bothers you the firearm is Good To Go. Of course your Brazil made Springer did malfunction but then again everyone will make a lemon now and then.
    When I got my GI, it and the lower levels of the Springfield 1911 line were "total Brazil" guns, meaning the finished product was customer ready straight on import, and not finished in the US. I was annoyed because I dropped some pretty good coin on customization.
    gatorbait51 and Rabbit212 like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

All of Springfield's 1911's are now entirely made in the USA.The Imbel frames were of very good quality and used on the Springfield's up until a few tears ago.
    I had a Springfield Compact that was a pretty nice pistol.
    Their slides never were made in Brazil-always US manufacture.
    THE CROW

The pistol shown in the photo is NOT a double stack but plan ole single stack ultra but other wise if you don't need it won't carry and being used its niot a collect model so walk on .
    OD* likes this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    I'd pass.
    ca survivor likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    I'd pass.
    me too
    OD* likes this.

Sponsored Links