DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

Best .22 handgun for total fun - on sale super cheap right now

Thread: Best .22 handgun for total fun - on sale super cheap right now

Tags:

ShooterGranny said:

Best .22 handgun for total fun - on sale super cheap right now

I have one of these and it truly is the most fun to shoot of any gun I've ever owned, and that includes the other .22's I own. At this price it is practically a steal.

It would be a fantastic training gun, and the grips are just the right size for almost any hands. It really is not ammo picky at all. DO pay attention to the reviews that tell you to put red locktite on the rear elevation screw when you zero it in!

Memorial Day sale only so now is the time to grab one! I've dealt with PSA before and they are a great company.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-...lr-pistol.html

I paid a lot more at a LGS for mine, and I'm tempted to get another one at this price but I fear that Gramps would go straight up and scatter.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

RedSafety said:
    WOW! Perfect timing! I'm going to see my grandson next month and would love to grab one of these for him to be able to shoot with grandpa.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

ShooterGranny said:
    Quote Originally Posted by redsafety View Post
    wow! Perfect timing! I'm going to see my grandson next month and would love to grab one of these for him to be able to shoot with grandpa.
    grab it quick!!!!

==================

Shootnlead said:
    That is a super deal on that gun.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

ShooterGranny said:
    Note that this is the model with the threaded barrel. Mine does not have the threaded barrel, which is what I prefer. Should shoot the same though and IF you ever want to get a suppressor this model is ready for it.

OOPS -- my bad. THIS IS THE ONE WITHOUT THE cap on the end which comes with the threaded barrel! Just like mine.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; May 26th, 2019 at 10:09 PM.

==================

PhaedrusIV said:
    That's a hell of a deal, @ShooterGranny . Thanks for posting it !
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

5lima30ret said:
    That is a fantastic deal on a very under-rated .22 pistol IMO! I have had a lot of .22 handguns over the years, the M&P Compact .22 & Ruger Single Six are the most trouble free and not picky with various brands! I have a Ruger 22/45 that is very accurate but much more finicky with ammo and will occasionally jam with bulk ammo that the M&P Compact runs fine with.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

BillG174 said:
    Great price. I have this pistol and I call it my fun gun! When I shoot my Glocks I always take the M&P 22 Compact too.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

GOA, SAF, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

Old Man said:
    I have one and like it a lot. Great companion to the S&W M&P centerfire pistols.

RedSafety said:
    Actually this is the unthreaded barrel. The threaded barrel is $319.99. Nice price on AR kits too!

ShooterGranny said:
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Actually this is the unthreaded barrel. The threaded barrel is $319.99. Nice price on AR kits too!
    The picture is of the unthreaded barrel, but when I scrolled down the page under the video 'threaded barrel' is listed in the features there. That's why I thought this one was the threaded barrel even though the picture doesn't match. I was wrong. It is the plain barrel, like the one I have.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; May 26th, 2019 at 10:09 PM.

==================

Gabill said:
    Thanks Granny for posting.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

RedSafety said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    The picture is of the unthreaded barrel, but when I scrolled down the page under the video 'threaded barrel' is listed in the features there. That's why I thought this one was the threaded barrel even though the picture doesn't match. I was wrong. It is the plain barrel, like the one I have.
    Someone did a copy and paste on the specs and didn't pay any attention to the details. Not quite as bad as the local Bass Pro tag that lists a Shield 9mm Compact with a 3.1" barrel and 12+1 rounds. Looked like another Shield to me, one of 3 or 4 slots with the exact same gun and 2 or 4 prices, all original generation, not Gen 2. That's a whole different set of problems.

ca survivor said:
    this shows my lack of experience in firearms, I though that the "Best .22 handgun for total fun" was the Ruger MK II.

ShooterGranny said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    this shows my lack of experience in firearms, I though that the "Best .22 handgun for total fun" was the Ruger MK II.
    We used to have a Mark II and it is probably the absolute best MARK which Ruger has made - other than the take down and put back together which hubby says he never did but the gun kept functioning perfectly anyway. Granted, it was not used very often because it was larger and heavier than was comfortable for me and those itty bitty sights were also a turn off for me. But the Mark II's are fantastic in their own special way.

BTW: I have a Ruger Mark IV Lite and if I had ANY idea how much work it would take and how many trips back to Ruger (on their dime) it would take to get the thing to actually shoot more than 3 rounds before a malfunction, we NEVER would have sold that Mark II and I would NEVER have bought the Mark IV. Now, finally, though, it mostly works properly. Mostly. I still can't pull the charging handle back to lock by myself, though.

I stand by my original statement - which I clarified/qualified by stating that it is the most fun of any gun that I own.

==================