Isabelle's new scoop neck little black dress, with matching belt

This is a discussion on Isabelle's new scoop neck little black dress, with matching belt within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Every lady needs a little black dress - even when she is a gun! When I first got her last fall she would not/could not ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Isabelle's new scoop neck little black dress, with matching belt

VIP Member

Every lady needs a little black dress - even when she is a gun! When I first got her last fall she would not/could not shoot straight. A trip back to Browning where they "recalibrated the barrel" (whatever that means) fixed things nicely. I still was not thrilled with her and figured she might never actually earn a name but just be the red headed step child.

However, a few more trips to the range and WOW, she is really a very nice gun. The trigger is still a bit stiff but perhaps after a few hundred more rounds that will smooth out, and the bullets definitely go where they are supposed to go now!

She is a Browning 1911-22 and because she loves steel as much as her owner, but her bullets are so dainty, when they hit they sound more like a “ping/ring” than a clang. So her name became Isabelle Ringer. So, once she earned her name she needed a special outfit. AND HERE IS HER NEW SHOOTIN’ PARTY OUTFIT!

Isabelle's new scoop neck little black dress, with matching belt-holster-3-armour-belt-gun-posed.jpg

I ordered the antique silver belt buckle which comes close to matching the slide on the gun. Not that anyone will notice but “Belle” and I know and that’s what counts.

Isabelle's new scoop neck little black dress, with matching belt-holster-3-armour-belt-front-view.jpg

Her custom holster, combat cut in front, which curves to my body so it doesn't stick out at the bottom and has a ride height that fits me just right, was made by Bang Bang leather. New 1/4” thick matching belt by Armour. (My older Armour belt is 3/8” thick and would not go through the loops on this or the other holsters made for me by Bang Bang Leather.)

Story continued in next post on this thread.....
    Poorly, wmhawth, Pete63 and 21 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member

The rest of the story

We are ready for action!

Isabelle's new scoop neck little black dress, with matching belt-holster-3-armour-belt-ready-draw.jpg

I had the belt made larger than I need right now because I lost 10 pounds due to illness and expect I will gain some (most?) of it back, but it fits OK in the last hole for now. Also, because of having so little strength in my hands, wrists and arms, Gramps and I (actually he did it) put super thick plastic around it to stretch the new holster so it would be easy for me to draw and reholster, but Gramps also got it too loose without the retention screws that “Mr. Bang Bang” knew I would probably need. Now it is perfect in every way for me with the right amount of retention so the gun will not fall out if I get turned upside down or flipped onto my side, but still easy to use!

As we age or have health issues a lot of adjustments have to be made if we are to keep shooting. It sometimes takes a bit of doing but for me it is well worth it. Learning to shoot left handed after my right hand got totally trashed, giving up all my beloved 9mm Glocks, and transitioning to various brands of .380 and .22 were all part of the process for me.

Now, if it stops raining I can get to the Shootin’ Range!
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; June 19th, 2019 at 09:59 PM.

==================

Senior Moderator
    That is fantastic! Every lady needs a slinky black dress with appropriate accouterments! You did well!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nice rig. I have a Bang-Bang holster also. Good stuff! One thing about belts--you can always add holes as you need them. I lost weight, ordered a new belt, and by the time I got it, it's almost too long! Gonna need a few more holes.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Elegant and charming! Perfect for any occasion...
    Still Clingin'

That's a great looking rig Granny. That's classy enough to hold its own at anyone's BBQ.

Wow, almost too revealing to post on a family forum. Slinky.

Actually, very nice rig. Wear it proudly.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Very nice, ShooterGranny, congratulations on your new rig and your classy style.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    ShooterGranny is in great shape, LOL and congrats on the holster belt combo.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Perfect shirt to wear with your Browning!
    TimBob and ShooterGranny like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    ROFL! Yea, you might want to wear a cover shirt at your next habitat build. But it IS a good message!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I have a BUNCH of Habitat tee shirts. They are my preferred at home wear - and I don't have to change out of them if I want to go to the store or the shooting range! My favorite one is the navy blue one that says "In God We Trussed" in white on the back. I keep that for wearing out in public.
    Old Man, gasmitty and TimBob like this.

==================

VIP Member

Update - on the range

It finally did stop raining so Gramps and I went to the range today. I already knew that Belle shoots totally accurately (if I do my part) but I needed to get the feel of the new holster, belt, and the functioning thereof. Good thing I did because I have to learn a very slightly different initial grip and adjust quickly as soon as the gun leaves the holster. Not a problem in any way because this is not a carry gun, and after I practice it some more it will become a smooth and fast enough draw for range use for me.

I wasn't practicing for accuracy today, but for some other skills like one handed shooting, shooting on the move, etc.

AND I also got to shoot Gramps' fairly new RIA 9mm 1911. Boy is that a honey! The gun is so heavy that it absorbs a lot of the 9mm recoil and feels about the same as shooting my P238 - but with a lot larger grip which gives me the right amount of room for both palms and all the fingers - well, you know. On the way home he asked if he needs to buy another one for me. I laughed and told him "no" but I would appreciate borrowing his for a couple magazines worth of sooting from time to time.
    Old Man, PhaedrusIV and CWOUSCG like this.

==================

Distinguished Member
    @ShooterGranny that is some very nice leather for the Browning. I like having the tension adjust screws on that style of holster to take up as the leather breaks in. Enjoy having time with Miss Belle Ringer.

nice leather

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links