Very cool a Mini 14 for sale I did not think I would seein the USA

This is a discussion on Very cool a Mini 14 for sale I did not think I would seein the USA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://www.gunbroker.com/item/822024960 Ok this is very cool .... It is a MINI14GB model but bolt action ...Yeah I did not think I would ever see one ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 5 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Shootnlead
  • 1 Post By Geezer

Thread: Very cool a Mini 14 for sale I did not think I would seein the USA

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/822024960

Ok this is very cool .... It is a MINI14GB model but bolt action ...Yeah I did not think I would ever see one of them in the USA ..It was made for the UK market as you cant own centerfire semi auto there .. I kind of what to bid on them to see what was done to it make it bolt action only ...Plus a straight pull Mini 14 ...Hum
    PhaedrusIV and Pete63 like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member
    Attachment 298810

Lots of bidding activity early on that one too.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Attachment 298810

I am guessing as it is prob one of the very few in the USA ..These were only made for England after the 88 rifle ban ..They also made some mini 30 that way

I just find it funny they used a GB model as a base not say a normal ranch rifle . A bolt action rifle with a bayonet lug and flash hidder is intersting esp on this .

And I am guessing prob not many made as the UK gun market is pretty small

I am really surpised Ruger does not offer this is a option for ban states or countries more like Austrila etc
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

A lot of time left on that one.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Cut the gas tube in half on an AR and you have a bolt action AR . . . but why?
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    And I am guessing prob not many made as the UK gun market is pretty small
    Yeah, unfortunately the ruling bureaucrats of the UK & many other countries keep the gun market small. The second amendment is foreign to them. It's all about control.
    U.S. Army Veteran SP-5

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Cut the gas tube in half on an AR and you have a bolt action AR . . . but why?
    Its made for UK market you cant own semi auto centerfire rifles there at all ( prob same market as for other countries like that ) ..So a whole range of AK,AR etc have been made that have no gas system and are straight pull for hunting and sport shooting

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Its made for UK market you cant own semi auto centerfire rifles there at all ( prob same market as for other countries like that ) ..So a whole range of AK,AR etc have been made that have no gas system and are straight pull for hunting and sport shooting
    My point was: Why have a neutered semi-auto at all? Just get a bolt action and carry on. In the end, you'll probably have a better rifle.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    My point was: Why have a neutered semi-auto at all? Just get a bolt action and carry on. In the end, you'll probably have a better rifle.
    I would guess
    1. Other then being semi auto they are no other(as of right now at least ) limits on rifles ..So if you want to use a 20 or 100 round mag in your bolt aciton you can ..Only a few pure bolt action can take over 5 or 10 round mags
    2. People who owned these guns pre 1988 and were forced to give them up but now want to use scopes or re live the fun have a chance
    3. Lot of people over there are like us they are into military style guns or military stly shooting clubs and this is as good as your are going to get
    4. Prob givein it to the man oh you want me to own a 5 shot fud rifle you say ..Naw I will buy this

Ergonomics of a semi auto short barrel carbine is great-turning it into a magazine fed bolt action not so much-
    THE CROW

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Heck, if I shoot steel cased in mine...I have the same rifle.
    craze likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Attachment 298810

Attachment does NOT work, sir.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I've tried to visualize the need for a bolt action Mini 14, and come up blank. Different strokes for different folks.
    OldVet likes this.

Sponsored Links