You're Calling Me NOW??!!

This is a discussion on You're Calling Me NOW??!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's about 4pm. We're at Golden Corral and mom is eating her whole plate of food with no issues . I get a call that ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: You're Calling Me NOW??!!

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar

It's about 4pm. We're at Golden Corral and mom is eating her whole plate of food with no issues . I get a call that there's a suspicious car parked with the teacher's cars. They recognize the two girls in the front, banned from the campus for some undisclosed reason, and there's a "bunch" of black guys in the back seat. It also seems the guys were asking a lot of questions about the school and how many people were inside.

I tell them to call the police as I'm not on property. "Well, this was about 2:15 and they're gone now."

This is 3 days after someone broke out the full glass entry door in the school. It looked like they did it from the inside, shortly after someone came in and turned on some music! This is less than a week after I had to call the police because as I was doing rounds it sounded like someone stiffled a sneeze, then sounded like someone was walking around. After 2 officers arrived, about 15 minutes instead of the usual 2-5 minutes (must have been a quiet night in our neighborhood or a very nasty one somewhere else) I went downstairs and saw something that greatly raised the likelyhood of a 2 legged critter having gotten in, an open window. Very high probability of a 2 legged, 2 winged creature being the source of the noise. We HAVE had issues in the past of someone getting in at night and stealing money that was left in there and other small items. We have a securty camera system, but it's not functioning correctly and they are not on top of getting it resolved. We have live feed, but no access to history. Despite the issues, the administrators are slow getting this resolved.

Excuse me, but we have a women's homeless shelter operating across the street. We've had drug deals go down on and near our property. We have a homeless camp about a mile away. We seem to have a lot of shady characters all over this area of town (ok, all over town it seems). So why not call me WHEN something is going down? Call me and call the police, WHEN ITS HAPPENING! Calling an hour and a half after they left is useless!

They do this with maintenance items too. I find out after 3 weeks that a door knob is coming off or the toilet is plugged up. ??????? Really?
    OldChap, Gabill, Wolf357 and 2 others like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Next time ask them if it's happening now. If they say no, just hang up. When they later ask you why you hung up, tell them that was an hour ago and there's nothing you can do about it NOW.
    msgt/ret, halem1, baren and 4 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Mrs OldChap got those quotes of very slow response times almost every time she had to call 911. The last time it happened was the time I have recounted several times when I had to put an actor advancing on my wife and I as we were sitting on the front porch about 9 pm one night.

I called to the guy to stop advancing on us as I couldn't see his hands, and then put the laser spot from the Glock 21 in the middle of his chest. Mrs OldChap was on the phone with 911 and they were bombarding her with the usual useless battery of questions and asking her if this was really an emergency. Frustrated, she finally told the operator that her husband had a gun on the suspect, who was still advancing on us, and that he had his finger on the trigger, would they mind sending a uniformed officer soon as possible?

Within 20 seconds I could hear sirens start up - heading our way. Fortunately the idjit saw the laser spot in the center of his chest and beat a hasty retreat.

I can understand why call logs get backed up so badly. There's lots of criminal activity and not as many officers as beats. A truly sad situation.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I can understand why call logs get backed up so badly. There's lots of criminal activity and not as many officers as beats. A truly sad situation.
    And then you get the idiots calling 911 because their fast-food burger is done their way...
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

flh
    One of my favorites

Phillip is an 83 year-old man who was recently getting ready for bed when his 81 year-old wife told him that he’d left the light on in the family garage, which he could see from the window.

When Phillip opened the back door to turn the light off, he was stunned to see three men breaking into his garage. He immediately grabbed his phone and called 911, saying, “Get over here quickly, there’s three burglars trying to break into my garage on Maple drive!”

“I see, sir,” the dispatcher replied. “Is your garage detached from your house?”

“Yes, but never mind that,” Phillip replied. “These guys are breaking in and stealing from me!”

“All patrols are busy,” the dispatcher told him. “You should lock all your doors and stay inside. An officer will be there as soon as one is available.”

“Okay,” Phillip said before he hung up the phone and counted to 30.

He then dialed 911 again, saying, “Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my garage. Well, you don’t have to worry about them anymore, because I just shot them.”

Phillip hung up the phone as soon as he said this, and within five minutes, six police cars, a SWAT team, a helicopter, a paramedic, and an ambulance were on the scene. The burglars were immediately caught in the act.

“I thought you said that you’d shot them?!” one of the incredulous officers asked Phillip.

The old man replied, ” I thought you said that there was nobody available!”
    Last edited by flh; July 21st, 2019 at 06:52 PM.

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

DG
    "911 .... What's your emergency?"

"This is Dunkin' Donuts...We're being robbed!!"

"Aren't Sam and Fred already there?"
    Gabill, ca survivor and baren like this.
    Simplistic solutions to complex problems seldom produce satisfying results.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    last time I called 911, they put on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Mrs OldChap got those quotes of very slow response times almost every time she had to call 911. The last time it happened was the time I have recounted several times when I had to put an actor advancing on my wife and I as we were sitting on the front porch about 9 pm one night.

I called to the guy to stop advancing on us as I couldn't see his hands, and then put the laser spot from the Glock 21 in the middle of his chest. Mrs OldChap was on the phone with 911 and they were bombarding her with the usual useless battery of questions and asking her if this was really an emergency. Frustrated, she finally told the operator that her husband had a gun on the suspect, who was still advancing on us, and that he had his finger on the trigger, would they mind sending a uniformed officer soon as possible?

Within 20 seconds I could hear sirens start up - heading our way. Fortunately the idjit saw the laser spot in the center of his chest and beat a hasty retreat.

You must live in a rough area. I thought you Texans had this stuff under control.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And then you get the idiots calling 911 because their fast-food burger is done their way...
    Usually in Florida.....
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Usually in Florida.....
    Naw, they go right to shootin' up the place here.
    Gabill and Bad Bob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    "911 .... What's your emergency?"

"This is Dunkin' Donuts...We're being robbed!!"
    "They didn't take all the chocolate, crème-filled ones, did they? (Howard, get SWAT rolling!)"
    baren likes this.

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    When these people call you, do they also express concern for the fact that the warranty has run out on your vehicle, possibly on one you haven't owned in several years?
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

“It’s about 4pm. We’re at Golden Corral...”

Dad, is that you?
    5lima30ret likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

My wife's now deceased elderly uncle called 9-1-1 in Portland, Oregon a few years ago for a prowler. The dispatcher told him officers were not available and would be there as soon as possible. He told her he would get his gun and take care of it. There were three squad cars there in about a minute. He was unarmed and the officers berated him for saying he would get his gun and take care of it. He asked why the dispatcher told him there were no officers available. He giggled a lot every time he told the story. I miss my wife's uncle.
    Gabill likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links