Antifa and Guns....I think we need to consider what Antifa is doing overseas....

Antifa and Guns....I think we need to consider what Antifa is doing overseas....

This is a discussion on Antifa and Guns....I think we need to consider what Antifa is doing overseas.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A Swedish court has reduced the sentence for far-left extremist Jonas Linde who was convicted earlier this year for hoarding a cache of weapons that ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Antifa and Guns....I think we need to consider what Antifa is doing overseas....

Distinguished Member

A Swedish court has reduced the sentence for far-left extremist Jonas Linde who was convicted earlier this year for hoarding a cache of weapons that was described as a gun factory where Mr Linde had imported parts for semi-automatic AR-15 rifles and assembled five rifles. Investigators also found police uniforms and other equipment in the storage container along with the firearms. Police say that some of the ammunition had also been modified to be more effective against armoured targets. Linde was found to be part of the far-left extremist Antifa scene in Sweden and, according to Nyheter Idag, was part of a broader investigation into radical left-wing networks which were allegedly training for armed revolution.

The find in Sweden came just under a year after police in Rostock, Germany, found another Antifa cache of weapons that included knives, chemicals, and flammable liquids. The raid on two Antifa extremists came just before the Hamburg G20 where Antifa black bloc members injured hundreds of police officers, looted shops and set cars on fire. Only months after the discovery in Rostock, police in Thuringia found what was described as a mobile bomb factory that contained high-explosives and a hoard of chemicals connected to Antifa in Germany.

Coming to a city near you soon.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Feel sorry for those with their head in the sand.
    I thinks folks on DC will be more prepared then the general population.

Antifa was actually started in Germany in 1932 to oppose the Nazis, although that lineage is not connected to Antifa today in the US. Our Antifa grew out of the ARA (Anti-Racist Alliance), started in the late 80's to combat the KKK and other white supremacist groups. Antifa has recently started using some of the graphic symbols of the 1932 German group.

Generally, they have not used guns over their history, but keep in mind that Antifa is not a centralized organization. It is a "banner" that is adopted by groups in various cities. There are some paramilitary, anarchist subgroups who identify as Antifa. I am sure they could be dangerous, but no more so that any other radical, anarchist paramilitary groups.

I saw a video documentary on one of these armed Antifa groups that showed their "armorer and trainer" cleaning an AR. It was a joke. He had no idea what he was doing.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Isn't Antifa a female R&B singer?

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Antifa was actually started in Germany in 1932 to oppose the Nazis, although that lineage is not connected to Antifa today in the US. Our Antifa grew out of the ARA (Anti-Racist Alliance), started in the late 80's to combat the KKK and other white supremacist groups. Antifa has recently started using some of the graphic symbols of the 1932 German group.

Generally, they have not used guns over their history, but keep in mind that Antifa is not a centralized organization. It is a "banner" that is adopted by groups in various cities. There are some paramilitary, anarchist subgroups who identify as Antifa. I am sure they could be dangerous, but no more so that any other radical, anarchist paramilitary groups.

I saw a video documentary on one of these armed Antifa groups that showed their "armorer and trainer" cleaning an AR. It was a joke. He had no idea what he was doing.
    They are not going to show the guys on the left who know what they are doing. just like the ones on our side that have training, they keep a low profile.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Distinguished Member
    In my opinion ANTIFA is a problem that is happening and a calamity that could easily happen. As jmf552 wrote above ANFIFA is not a “centralized organization.” There is no overarching leadership leaving policy and methods of each enclave up to whoever has support of the specific unit. All one needs is a few wackos to get in control and decide that their means of violence is too tame. Then we have could a calamity of deadly violence. Fortunately ANTIFA has not reached my area but it is active in Philly, a mere 16 miles away. I suspect that the exurbs are not turf that draws them. If they do come here, they better stay off my lawn.
    Last edited by 1942bull; July 30th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    You are thinking of Queen Antifa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sister, CWOUSCG and M1911A1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I think the lack of centralization is the most dangerous part of antifa...presently, it is just factions of people that adopt the monicker because it is recognizable...thinking it gives them immediate credibility in their terrorism...yes, terrorism, because that is what it is. Just because they have not killed thousands of people yet...don't think that it can't happen.
    airslot and matthew03 like this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

NSFW - a couple bad adult words

airslot, GpTom and M1911A1 like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

HipHop... I thought

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    They are not going to show the guys on the left who know what they are doing. just like the ones on our side that have training, they keep a low profile.
    The ones on our side keep a low profile? Like having YouTube channels, training courses and writing articles for social media? That’s a low profile?
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    I hope the world wakes up in time.
    airslot likes this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    rap.
    Sister likes this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Senior Moderator
    Ya'll are so out of it.

Queen Latifah. Rap.

Get with it, ya'll.

Cornhusker95 and Sister like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The ones on our side keep a low profile? Like having YouTube channels, training courses and writing articles for social media? That’s a low profile?
    Those are people operating a business. They do need to advertise to get clients.

You realize of course there are many, many more that do keep their training private.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links