Question: What if someone broke into your house and attacked your family?

This is a discussion on Question: What if someone broke into your house and attacked your family? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Answer: RAWtools’ nonviolence trainings approach real-world situations from a perspective of peace and disarmament. We believe there are tools to resolve conflicts that don’t involve ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Question: What if someone broke into your house and attacked your family?

VIP Member

Answer:
    RAWtools’ nonviolence trainings approach real-world situations from a perspective of peace and disarmament. We believe there are tools to resolve conflicts that don’t involve violent weapons.
    Page: https://rawtools.org/war-no-more/

Anybody want to give up a shotgun so the barrel can be turned into a $75 garden spade?

These are some seriously misguided people. Trying to teach people to surrender their weapons and rely solely on "nonviolence training." The site is a virtual poster board of platitudes.

The threat of violence, and the just use of violence, will always be needed to secure peace. To ignore that reality is to present yourself as a victim in waiting.

But hey, it's America, and you can buy their products here: https://rawtools.org/rawshop/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

That's all good if the home invader also took the nonviolence training course, then you can compare the garden tools you made your guns into, and maybe go to starbucks after.

You're going to feel pretty foolish when someone breaks in, and you look over to where your gun used to be, and see the rake you turned it into.

Senior Moderator
    I am sure we're all going to see a decline in violence in Colorado Springs as they spread the word and evangelize the gospel of passivity.

I am sure the de-escalation techniques will work well with home invaders.

/Stupidity OFF/
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

They are not misguided, they are stupid. If they wish to self-deport themselves from the living with this tactic, I support their right to do so.
    The only way to confront and overcome violence is with greater violence.
    Pete63 and baren like this.

Distinguished Member
    I prefer the PA Castle Doctrine method of dealing with a home invader. Under PA law deadly force is justified because a person unlawfully enter your house. No need to warn or see a weapon or attempt to capture the perp. You just shoot the perp and you are protected from criminal and cvil liability. my door sign is all the wening a perp gets before he faces a gun in the hand of a man who will shoot him.

Question: What if someone broke into your house and attacked your family?-img_1072.jpg
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Do they have any examples of their philosophy turning a home invasion into a kumbaya, group hug fest?

Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    Do they have any examples of their philosophy turning a home invasion into a kumbaya, group hug fest?
    More likely just a few extra crime scenes.
    DustyBottoms and Tstone like this.

I wholeheartedly endorse these people following their beliefs. The sooner they're eliminated, the better.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

“As we lose more than 100 people a day to gun violence in the United States, it’s becoming more and more clear that guns have no place in conflict resolution.“

Well, when the “conflict” is between a violent criminal and his victim, I think a gun can be used to resolve it very effectively.
    ddrew, OldChap, druryj and 4 others like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

VIP Member
    That'll be the day.
    baren likes this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

So, do they follow the Colorado UBC requirements to receive people's unwanted guns?

I doubt the "deactivation" they subscribe to would meet muster for most frames/receivers.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

Cultural Marxist snowflakes (PC for Communist subversives) want traditional American citizens to believe they're that stupid. But that's all part of their surreptitious agenda to subvert America from within. Don't be fooled by the veneer of 'clown world' behavior they display to the MSM, which is transmitted into living rooms everywhere for the sake of ratings.

RedSafety, OldChap and TSKnight like this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

I like it when people go the opposite way: There are videos on YouTube about people making guns out of stuff available at hardware stores. You can even make a 9mm full auto Sten submachine gun. One I really liked was a guy made a 12 ga. shotgun out of a 2 x 6, some galvanized pipe and a few other small hardware items. It is really simple, only one moving part, and it seems to work really well.
    OldChap likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    I guess none of their daughters was home alone when 3 armed men broke into their house.
    OldChap likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

AMAZING...Jeffrey Epstein's offspring already showing up in Colorado Springs?

Question: What if someone broke into your house and attacked your family?-joe-kenda-well-my-my-my-you-one-im-looking-.jpg
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links