Latest U.S. market leaders for semi-automatic pistol sales - Page 2

Latest U.S. market leaders for semi-automatic pistol sales

This is a discussion on Latest U.S. market leaders for semi-automatic pistol sales within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; surprised at how quickly the numbers fall off. The difference between the top 2 spots (S&W and Ruger) is greater than the total number produced ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Latest U.S. market leaders for semi-automatic pistol sales

surprised at how quickly the numbers fall off. The difference between the top 2 spots (S&W and Ruger) is greater than the total number produced by the 4th spot (Glock)
    Pete63 likes this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    surprised at how quickly the numbers fall off. The difference between the top 2 spots (S&W and Ruger) is greater than the total number produced by the 4th spot (Glock)
    Glock makes most of their guns in Austria.
    We get the government we deserve.

Where is Daisy on that list?
    montejames, Nmuskier and viney266 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

In addition to the Glock market possibly being saturated, their niche in the market has gotten more crowded. They were once the only gun of their kind. Now there are a of lot striker fired polymer autos out there. Various makers have them in all the shapes and sizes Glocks makes them. Some have features Glock doesn't offer.

Also, IMHO, Glock hasn't come up with anything really new since they were introduced. They have come up with a lot of new models, but they are all basically the same gun in different sizes and calibers. That's great for the Glock fans, but not so attractive for people who might want the latest and greatest, or who want different features than Glock offers, like manual or grip safeties.

I also think they have been eclipsed by guns like the Sig P320 and P365 and on the small end by the LCP and LCP II. In the low price point niche there are a lot of great guns like the Canik.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Is it really pronounced "sky"?
    Yes...yes, it is.

In 2016, over 1.3 million pistols were imported from Austria, home of Glock. I think they’re still probably at or near the top of the heap.

https://rocketffl.com/atf-firearm-manufacture-export-and-import-statistics/
    Havok and Old Man like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Those numbers are cooked.
    ca survivor likes this.

VIP Member
    No mention of HiPoint, & I thought their sales would be high, from inexpensive cost. The last pistol I bought (only pistol so far this year) was at the bottom of the heap, & used, anyway. I've got a credit coming from my GSSF membership, SO it's a no brainer as to what my last pistol of the year will be.
    Old Man likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Glock makes most of their guns in Austria.
    This list is for guns SOLD. I don't believe the list concerns where they're made.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Lead Moderator
    Not only was I surprised that Sig out sold Glock, but even more surprised that Sig appears to have sold 3 times more.

I wonder if these numbers include military contracts - that would certainly push Sig sales up.
    Nmuskier and Old Man like this.
    We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I've done my part to put S&W on top.
    +1
    I love my Shield .45 and will pick up a Shield 2.0 in 9mm sometime this year. Once I get the sights tweaked in on the .45 (still shoots about 4" low at 15 yards) it may replace my DW 15-2 .357 as my EDC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Not only was I surprised that Sig out sold Glock, but even more surprised that Sig appears to have sold 3 times more.

I wonder if these numbers include military contracts - that would certainly push Sig sales up.
    That would explain it. However, supposedly some govt entities are moving to Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    This list is for guns SOLD. I don't believe the list concerns where they're made.
    This list is for “manufacture and export”, not sales.
    Pete63 likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I like my S&W and Sig's. So i guess I have a lot of company.
    Also like my Colts, was surprised to see them way down on list. I guess price has something to do with that.
    Instymp likes this.

I've tried to give six of those names a bump. Although, this data probably doesn't collect my Remington from the 1940's.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links