Bersa Thunder 380 new to me.

This is a discussion on Bersa Thunder 380 new to me. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Always have liked the Bersa Thunder 380 but every time I have wanted to purchase one other firearms push it back in line. Well last ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By Rockymonster
  • 1 Post By ETXhiker
  • 1 Post By PPS1980
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By denver
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By Holmes375

Thread: Bersa Thunder 380 new to me.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar

Always have liked the Bersa Thunder 380 but every time I have wanted to purchase one other firearms push it back in line. Well last week I was the winning bid on this older T380 and this itch has finally been scratched!! Has some expected wear but nothing I wasn't expecting took it out yesterday and fired 100 rounds zero issues and as usual more accurate than I am. Great little pistol and the plan is for it to become my carry at work and deep concealment firearm.
    Bersa Thunder 380 new to me.-20190829_205145.jpg
    Bersa Thunder 380 new to me.-20190829_205136.jpg
    ETXhiker, PPS1980, OldVet and 3 others like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member
    Very nice!
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Looks good in stainless. Congrats!
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Congratulations. Glad its everything you hoped it would be.
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    Looks good in stainless. Congrats!
    Well its actually a nickel coating as I found out as some as I used some Hoppes 9 but I wont make that mistake again lol. I wouldn't mind a bit more "shine" on it just need to figure out how without damaging the finish.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

That pistol got some serious consideration when I sought my first carry gun, but in the end, rightly or wrongly, I felt it was a bit large and heavy for a .380 when smaller and lighter 9mms were readily available.

So I bought a Glock 30...
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

When my wife decided to get her LTC we looked at every pistol the LGS and the box stores had. She tried everything from Glock, Sig, Kimber, Colt Mustang, Shield, and everything else. We went to the Lubbock gun show and she picked up a Thunder .380 and said this is it. Paid less than half of anything else. She qualified with it and has shot about 500 rounds thru it. No issues with any ammo we tried. She keeps it loaded with Hornaday Personal Defense hollow points. She loves the lack of recoil and ease of racking the slide. Also the double action trigger is harder to pull so she feels more comfortable with that than any thumb safety she tried. Not what I would have picked but if she likes it, shoots well, and carries it I'm good!!
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    NRA Life Endowment Member

VIP Member
    I tried a Bersa Thunder .380 that one of the women in one of our club groups owns. I really hated the stiff trigger pull and it seemed to me to have a lot more recoil than the .other 380's I owned at the time. I did have a Bersa BP380cc for some time and shot it a LOT with nary a problem. It had a stiffer slide than my newer.380's and as my arthritis progressed I couldn't rack it without using a handiracker, so I wound up trading it for a Shield EZ. But, to my knowledge, Bersa makes extremely reliable guns that do not cost an arm and a leg.
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Avoid anything with ammonia when cleaning or polishing nickel. I use Mothers applied with the pad of my index finger. Buff with a soft clean cloth. Apply a quality wax afterward - I use Meguiars carnuba wax.

Congrats on the new shooter. Very nice looking little carry gun.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Sponsored Links