Went to Wal mart

Went to Wal mart

This is a discussion on Went to Wal mart within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to wal mart yesterday & the guns and ammo were off the shelf. None for sale, guess it had to do with state of ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Went to Wal mart

Went to Wal mart

Went to wal mart yesterday & the guns and ammo were off the shelf. None for sale, guess it had to do with
    state of emergency for Fla. not sure just a WAG ; ) PS Sucks
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Wal-Mart announced they are going to stop selling handgun ammo yesterday.
    Apparently people rushed to the Wal-Marts to support the decision by buying the remaining ammo rather than buy it at a business that still supports gun owners.
    cheapest price > principle
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Wal-Mart announced they are going to stop selling handgun ammo yesterday.
    Apparently people rushed to the Wal-Marts to support the decision by buying the remaining ammo rather than buy it at a business that still supports gun owners.
    cheapest price > principle
    More "I support the 2nd Amendment... BUT.." behavior.
    Havok likes this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My walmart still has everything there. Seems like they are just gonna sell out and not restock instead of shipping it away

VIP Member
    Their announcement yesterday is they would sell remaining stock but wouldn't restock. Unlike Dick's who very publicly embraced their new SJW persona by destroying remaining unsold AR-15s.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Wife got a few things while I checked out sporting goods. Sure was empty shelf as in nothing. I'm sure they did not sell out. ; )
    H/D

H/D

A customer at the LGS today said that Walmart was shipping everything to Montana.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Wife got a few things while I checked out sporting goods. Sure was empty shelf as in nothing. I'm sure they did not sell out. ; )
    H/D
    As noted Walmart is not carrying handgun ammo and many rifle ammo( pretty much if it can be used in scary guns like the AR ) it will not be restock or sold any more ...So 223 and 5.56 no more etc ..Also they are not going to allow OC of handguns in stores anymore ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    If it ain't posted, it ain't gun free and doesn't get the protections under the law.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

I just came back from there. They were restocking the ammo cabinet. I talked to an employee he said in his store the employees are ticked. He figures at normal rate he has two to three days of ammo left. Their percentage of sales per the whole store was 22% ammo! That is a chunk of change. Of course this is northern Jefferson things are different than the rest of the state.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    H/D
    in Florida I wouldn't doubt it sold out.

I haven't bought commercial ammo in eons. I don't even have any empty brass on hand to load. It's been a very nori hurricane prep.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Just got back from the local Wackymart and the ammo case was pretty full. I haven't bought there since they stopped stocking Perfecta ammo. It was a good price and as accurate in my pistol as American Eagle or Aguila. I don't care for their selection of .22LR either. Price, schmice. I jsut don't like their selection.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I haven't bought commercial ammo in eons. I don't even have any empty brass on hand to load. It's been a very nori hurricane prep.
    Was going to get some 22s, But wasn't happening : )
    H/D

H/D

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimGunn View Post
    I just came back from there. They were restocking the ammo cabinet. I talked to an employee he said in his store the employees are ticked. He figures at normal rate he has two to three days of ammo left. Their percentage of sales per the whole store was 22% ammo! That is a chunk of change. Of course this is northern Jefferson things are different than the rest of the state.
    I think that employee is an idiot. There is no way that ammo constituted 22% of a Walmart store's total sales.

Based on a report that I read, Walmart has held about 20% market share of total ammo sales in the country...but, that is far different than ammo being 20% of Walmart's total sales.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links