32% of Democrats think it should be illegal to join any gun rights group - Page 2

32% of Democrats think it should be illegal to join any gun rights group

This is a discussion on 32% of Democrats think it should be illegal to join any gun rights group within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; .....But I'm sure they are OK with NAMBLA....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: 32% of Democrats think it should be illegal to join any gun rights group

Senior Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    .....But I'm sure they are OK with NAMBLA.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...egal-join-nra/

It's disappointing to see that some Repubs feel the same way.
    True, but let's not miss this quote from the article.
    Among all likely voters, 23% favor declaring the NRA a terrorist organization in their home community, while 18% think it should be against the law to belong to pro-gun rights groups like the NRA.
    That 23% and 18% includes all voters, not just Dems. That number surprises me because it has to include a substantial number ot Republican voters.
    Last edited by OD*; September 12th, 2019 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Repair quote
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

VIP Member
    We have a Republic, if we can keep it. If we loose it, we'll have a mess.

To them, we're domestic terrorists. To us(me anyway), they're treasonous idiots.
    OD*, msgt/ret and Nmuskier like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Name calling and labeling is about all the left has left. Their policies are failures across the board. They think only government knows best. And they are willing to victiimize anyone that doesn't march to their drummer. I know I'm neither a racist or a domestic terrorist, but I have to admit I'm growing weary of all the slanderous attacks simply because I am a conservative, white, NRA member.
    Bikenut, OD*, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    And 100% of me doesn't give a damn what they think
    Me Too!
    OD* and msgt/ret like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    There are many groups I do not agree with but a call for banning is as childish as threatening to kill someone because you disagree with their views.
    That is being done in today's leftist culture.
    msgt/ret and OD* like this.
    Psalm 144:1

I attended an instructor course, last weekend, where the cadre made an excellent point. We need stop using the terms of the "enemy" when it comes to protecting and preserving our right to provide for our own, and our community's, security. Truth be told, the second amendment isn't just about firearms; it's about having the means and abilities to provide for a common defense of self and country. As such, we need to change the vernacular of the argument, from a "gun focussed" one, to a "self defense" focussed argument. We're not trying to fight for the "rights of guns", were trying preserve our right of self defense. Every state has laws restricting arms, whether they be firearms, edge weapons, impact weapons, tear gas...etc.
    The problem with proclaiming "gun rights", is a great number of people, shut down at the sight or sound of "gun". They need to understand, we aren't trying to preserve just owning guns, we're trying to preserve the means to protect ourselves and our communities.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    No G word - a person's right to choose a viable means of self-defense when confronted with grave bodily harm or death.
    Arsenal? That's not an arsenal, that's my gun collection! John Wick, now he has an arsenal.

NRA Patron member

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    No G word - a person's right to choose a viable means of self-defense when confronted with grave bodily harm or death.
    @aikironin21 -- "The problem with proclaiming "gun rights", is a great number of people, shut down at the sight or sound of "gun". They need to understand, we aren't trying to preserve just owning guns, we're trying to preserve the means to protect ourselves and our communities. "

Interesting discussion. It sounds strange for us to be dancing around and not saying the "G word" around some people. But you know what? If stopped by the police in my car, I'm not going to announce (required here) that I am legally carrying a GUN. I will say I'm legally carrying (nothing else), and here's my CC permit. Why? The word GUN will possibly endanger me by alarming and putting the LEO on immediate high alert.
    Think of how even the word GUN alarms and panics so many non-gun "liberal" people....
    Just a thought.

As far as the NRA being illegal? Wow. That's pretty far out there.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    @aikironin21 -- "The problem with proclaiming "gun rights", is a great number of people, shut down at the sight or sound of "gun". They need to understand, we aren't trying to preserve just owning guns, we're trying to preserve the means to protect ourselves and our communities. "

As far as the NRA being illegal? Wow. That's pretty far out there.
    Any more loony that other lefty proposals?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hange-deniers/
    Arsenal? That's not an arsenal, that's my gun collection! John Wick, now he has an arsenal.

NRA Patron member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links