Another black eye for the P320

This is a discussion on Another black eye for the P320 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Caveat: I have nothing against Sig or the P320. I am just reporting here. The Philly Transit Police have scrapped the P320 after an officer's ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Another black eye for the P320

Caveat: I have nothing against Sig or the P320. I am just reporting here.

The Philly Transit Police have scrapped the P320 after an officer's weapon allegedly went off in its holster without him even touching it. But the allegation was apparently found credible enough for the department to scrap the model entirely.

Sig is not admitting a problem, but it is offering a "voluntary upgrade" on P320s, which I think is Sig talking out of both sides of its mouth, something I encountered with another Sig model I used to own. There is no way to know the real truth of this, but this platform is definitely having growing pains.

https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelph...ident#stream/0
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Wonder how that happened. That's weird.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

If it really happened, it would be concerning. But, given how much more often police pistols in police holsters worn by the police seem to go off "for no reason" than happens to the rest of us, I will take it with a grain of salt

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Must be true. No one would lie about how a negligent discharge happened, would they?
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Some thing is fishy here as the sig upgrade was started 1year and 9 months ago and LE were a priority . Now there are some holsters used by LE where the trigger is partly exposed and the trigger can be pulled as been noted with CZ owners and Glock owners at least and some time back a school cop fired his p320 pistol in his holster playing with the trigger !! If PTA failed to update there pistols then shame on them but I'm willing to bet theres something else going on here between a holster and some bored unskilled LE's finger . Theres are some LE that found you can pull the trigger in a safariland 6360 holster with other pistol brands so were does the fault really belong .

Not like big city LE are seasoned gun guys .

m So know there going to carry glucks . You do know the Phrase " glock leg" Yea ?? HA !! .

I started carrying a P320c in 40sw 4years and 9 months ago . That was my EDC and has right at 6800 rounds most of those before the " update " during december 1 year and 9 months ago . I carry in a comp-tac hybrid at 3:00 and has yet to fire around on its own . hecks its been chambered since I bought it other than during cleaning time , Really odd !

Easy to lay blame on the handgun isn't it when it could be the LE's fault like with others . BUT not like I give a sheet what some brunch of big city spend there money on any more than I care what the military picks for the army . I just bought a second P320 ! Ha
    ShooterGranny, dph1980 and MMinSC like this.

I bet it was in a safariland holster.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Caveat: I have nothing against Sig or the P320. I am just reporting here.

The Philly Transit Police have scrapped the P320 after an officer's weapon allegedly went off in its holster without him even touching it. But the allegation was apparently found credible enough for the department to scrap the model entirely.

Sig is not admitting a problem, but it is offering a "voluntary upgrade" on P320s, which I think is Sig talking out of both sides of its mouth, something I encountered with another Sig model I used to own. There is no way to know the real truth of this, but this platform is definitely having growing pains.

https://www.nhpr.org/post/philadelph...ident#stream/0
    I posted the story of mine blowing up during an individual drill in a class. I still have not sent it in for repair, I just don't think I would trust it again, but I like the gun right up to the point it Kaboomed.
    G26Raven and OD* like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

VIP Member
    I would like to see a video of the incident. What? No video? So it's my word against no one's.
    OD* and simple_man17 like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Bored officer alone in the locker room...

"Blam!"

Crowd comes running...

"I didn't touch it, honest!"

Nobody actually saw what happened; department blames the gun.

Liberals everywhere: "See! Guns do fire all by themselves! Ban 'em all!"
    spclopr8tr and hardluk1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I bet it was in a SERPA holster.
    I fixed it for you.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by simple_man17 View Post
    I fixed it for you.
    No. What I said before was what I meant.

I've said this in the past about the Remington 700 trigger controversy. Firearm operation is not a form of witchcraft. They're simply pieces of metal assembled together. No properly assembled and maintained P320 can fire while propperly holstered and not subjected to forces that would also seriously injure the person wearing the holster.
    The options are incorrectly assembled, freak accident due to broken internal part, or pulling the trigger.
    If you say you can't find a problem by examining at the gun, that leaves only 1 option. The trigger was pulled, either officer negligence or improper holster.
    simple_man17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SunTsu View Post
    I've said this in the past about the Remington 700 trigger controversy. Firearm operation is not a form of witchcraft. They're simply pieces of metal assembled together. No properly assembled and maintained P320 can fire while propperly holstered and not subjected to forces that would also seriously injure the person wearing the holster.
    The options are incorrectly assembled, freak accident due to broken internal part, or pulling the trigger.
    If you say you can't find a problem by examining at the gun, that leaves only 1 option. The trigger was pulled, either officer negligence or improper holster.
    The problem with the Mark X triggers is that they weren’t properly functioning triggers. They were malfunctioning triggers. I agree with the rest though.

Distinguished Member
    I think we can sums the discharge happened. I think we cannot assume it wa the operator or the gun. Too little info. However since I t was the Philly Transit Police not PD it occurred to me that the guns might never have had the adjustment made. It is not the finest LE in Philly.
    Havok likes this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Some one high up in the PTP just wanted to get back to there very average glocks with 8lb triggers and they used some bored butthead occifer play'n with his trigger as a reason to make the change . Maybe some money changed hands !!

Lets more on kids , this horse is dead already .
    ca survivor likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links