Ban/"Buyback"/Confiscation: What are the strategies?

This is a discussion on Ban/"Buyback"/Confiscation: What are the strategies? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have read a lot of posts about what people plan to do if there is some ban/"buyback"/confiscation, of anything gun related: "Assault weapons," hi-cap ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Ban/"Buyback"/Confiscation: What are the strategies?

I have read a lot of posts about what people plan to do if there is some ban/"buyback"/confiscation, of anything gun related: "Assault weapons," hi-cap mags, etc. I have read people saying they will buy up all they can (or already doing so) before that happens. Here's what I honestly don't get: To what end?

I keep wondering if I should start binge-buying, but then I think, "If I buy a bunch of stuff that becomes illegal, what do I do with it and what would it be good for?" So I would have to hide it somewhere, which I guess I could do, but then it wouldn't be any good to me. What would I be keeping it for? I couldn't use it for SD and I couldn't train with it. It would probably be a risk to take it out just to look at it. It would seem to me to make more sense to buy guns and accessories I could use after some law is passed.

So I am not asking anyone to "out" themselves on what their individual plans are, but just hypothetically, what good is it to buy up stuff that might be made illegal and then not be able to use it? What am I missing?
    edcknives and gatorbait51 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Camilla Harris just announced she wants to ban the importation of AR-15 rifles. I think that will do the trick.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Camilla Harris just announced she wants to ban the importation of AR-15 rifles. I think that will do the trick.
    A ban I could live with...
    MMinSC, OD*, airslot and 7 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have read a lot of posts about what people plan to do if there is some ban/"buyback"/confiscation, of anything gun related: "Assault weapons," hi-cap mags, etc. I have read people saying they will buy up all they can (or already doing so) before that happens. Here's what I honestly don't get: To what end?

I keep wondering if I should start binge-buying, but then I think, "If I buy a bunch of stuff that becomes illegal, what do I do with it and what would it be good for?" So I would have to hide it somewhere, which I guess I could do, but then it wouldn't be any good to me. What would I be keeping it for? I couldn't use it for SD and I couldn't train with it. It would probably be a risk to take it out just to look at it. It would seem to me to make more sense to buy guns and accessories I could use after some law is passed.

So I am not asking anyone to "out" themselves on what their individual plans are, but just hypothetically, what good is it to buy up stuff that might be made illegal and then not be able to use it? What am I missing?
    Prices and demand for such items will likely increase once legal sales are outlawed.
    OD*, airslot, matthew03 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A ban I could live with...
    Why? Itís an unnecessary restriction.
    Bad Bob and gatorbait51 like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Beta says tonight that he absolutely wants to confiscate AR15s and AK47s from Americans and prohibit ownership of them. With that statement he probably just locked in his future of never achieving higher office...at least in my lifetime.
    Havok, airslot, OldVet and 5 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Prices and demand for such items will likely increase once legal sales are outlawed.
    Well, they did in 1986.
    OD*, airslot and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB53 View Post
    Beta says tonight that he absolutely wants to confiscate AR15s and AK47s from Americans and prohibit ownership of them. With that statement he probably just locked in his future of never achieving higher office...at least in my lifetime.
    Everyone wants to take away guns, but nobody wants to be at the front of the stack.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    So the owners of the gun stores I bought from are coming to my house to nullify the transactions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TimBob, baren and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Why? Itís an unnecessary restriction.
    ARs are manufactured domestically.

ARs are manufactured domestically.
    Doesn't mean they will always be. many guns, including the ones used by our military are made by foreign companies, even if they are currently producing firearms in US based plants. You think she will only ban importation of AR15 clones, and not go after other guns as well?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

OK, I get that, but my question remains: What is the point of even having the stuff? Whether you keep it or sell it and take a profit, you are taking a risk of getting busted. Why would I want to save money on something I can't use, or take a profit by selling something the buyer can't legally use?
    M1911A1 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Everyone wants to take away guns, but nobody wants to be at the front of the stack.
    This. A whole lot of talkers and no one wants to ďlead the fightĒ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I think many, not outing myself would stockpile for situations in the future when law and order is gone.
    In apocalypse secenario no one will give a dang about a ban when you are trying to survive.
    Then you will wish you had not turned them in.
    I do not use or practice a lot with my AR platform rifles. They are saved for SHTF time.
    I use my lever actions, .22ís and bolt action hunting rifles often.
    I know how to run my ARís so if the need arises it will not take me long to get my sea legs back with them
    airslot, m5215, Holmes375 and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    Just put them away. Sooner or later, this civil war will go hot. When it does, the treasonous left will experience the true purpose of the 2nd.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links