Impromptu range trip with friends led me to trying out a few new (to me) guns today

Impromptu range trip with friends led me to trying out a few new (to me) guns today

This is a discussion on Impromptu range trip with friends led me to trying out a few new (to me) guns today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Of the micro 380s I only ever shot the Bodyguard 380 I had a while back. Got to try my friends LCP (gen 2). That ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By Rooster
  • 4 Post By MMinSC
  • 1 Post By Rooster
  • 3 Post By sammeow
  • 3 Post By Doghandler
  • 1 Post By MMinSC
  • 2 Post By Rockymonster

Thread: Impromptu range trip with friends led me to trying out a few new (to me) guns today

Of the micro 380s I only ever shot the Bodyguard 380 I had a while back. Got to try my friends LCP (gen 2). That is one snappy little bugger! With some 99gr Federal HST, woooweeee that thing had some snap too it.

Fired it well though, got multiple bullseyes from 7 yards despite it bashing the hell out of the web of my hand.

Meanwhile, I shot a CZ P10c and couldn't get any in the paint (only fired 10 rounds).

SIG P238? Multiple bullseyes.

It baffles the hell out of me as to why I shoot the tiny guns better than full size. I'm considering taking some shooting lessons to get some consistency.

Even during my Glock days I shot my G26 and G43 better than my G19.

Bunch of barnacles!
    Last edited by Rooster; September 28th, 2019 at 08:27 PM.
    MMinSC and 5lima30ret like this.

It seems like guns without room for the pinky finger work better for you. If that is the case, maybe it is too much grip. Make a fist while staring at the back of your hand, squeeze hard. Watch how the little finger goes down and torque your grip. That is how the gun twists with too much grip. Hickok45 has a video where he explains why he does not care if there is room for his little finger on a handgun and claims that a good percentage of shooters would be better off without that finger. (paraphrased).

I developed that problem 6 or so years ago for a little while. I was shooting my 938 frequently and exclusively for about 7 or 8 months during a very busy time in life. I decided to just focus on the gun I carried the most. With my little finger tucked under the grip, it didn't matter how hard that finger was curled as it could not torque the gun. When I finally had more time and shot my normal size guns again, I was gripping them way too tight. I did not realize I was doing it at first and it took just took a little practice to go back to normal.

Just a possibility.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

@MMinSC you're likely very right. I shot my PPQ and G19 exceptionally well but then once I went to subs and micros, I stopped recreationally shooting for a bit (busy lifestyle too) and only shot my tiny carry guns.

Makes for a great excuse to go back to the range!
    MMinSC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

So the answer is simple.
    Cut off yer pinky!
    Rooster, MMinSC and rotorhead1026 like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Yup, our finger muscles need to be trained to become independent of each other. Just ask a pianist . . .

Here's a simple exercise to show how the index and pinky fingers are co-dependent.

- hold your hand in front of you in a relaxed manner while making an OK sign, thumb and index finger lightly touching and other three fingers apart and relaxed.

- now quickly pinch thumb and index finger together.

Most people will feel a tug on their pinky and see it move sympathetically.
    MMinSC, Rooster and Rockymonster like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    So the answer is simple.
    Cut off yer pinky!
    Yeah, I'd probably go that route before something drastic like paying for training.
    Rooster likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    When I do that my little toe twitches....what the hell does THAT mean?!
    Rooster and MMinSC like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Sponsored Links