2018---more people were killed with hammers and clubs than rifles

This is a discussion on 2018---more people were killed with hammers and clubs than rifles within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; According to FBI figures, 443 people were killed with hammers, clubs, or other “blunt objects” while 297 people were killed with rifles of every kind ...

Like Tree32Likes
  • 9 Post By AzQkr
  • 7 Post By G26Raven
  • 4 Post By jmf552
  • 4 Post By CDW4ME
  • 5 Post By 1942bull
  • 3 Post By Psycho41

Thread: 2018---more people were killed with hammers and clubs than rifles

According to FBI figures, 443 people were killed with hammers, clubs, or other “blunt objects” while 297 people were killed with rifles of every kind.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-than-rifles/
    G-man*, airslot, OD* and 6 others like this.

There you go again with those pesky facts!
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

An more people shot themselves in the leg with strikers than with hammers...
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Proponents of more "gun control" rely on emotion, not facts.
    Odd that constant shootings in Chicago (with restrictive gun control) is not a blip on the national news.
    More "gun control"? How about some of that "commonsense gun control"
    Yea, right.
    "Commonsense gun control" means a guy with legal conceal carry for over two decades should now have less bullets in his magazine, THAT lowers crime.

After some time passes... surprise, surprise, restricting the magazine capacity of the law abiding did not reduce thugs killing each other.
    Taking away firearms from the law abiding should solve the problem of criminals killing people, ban guns like England.
    Who would have guessed .... the law abiding don't have guns, yet still there is a problem with crime; additional restrictions on law abiding should fix it ...
    msgt/ret, airslot, AzQkr and 1 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

VIP Member
    It just proves the point that there are lots of people who never let th facts influence their opinions. Heavens Sake, I see that same inclination from some who are on this forum when it comes issues.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

And more people are killed by lightning than are by mass shootings. And, by "mass shootings" I am referring to the lone gunman killing indiscriminately in a public place - not the instances of multiple people shot in drug/gang violence. So, to be fair, let's use the data from the left-leaning site Mother Jones. According to their data, there have been an average of 37 people killed per year in mass shootings over the last 20 years. However, per NOAA, in the same time period there wass an average of 51 people killed each year by lightning.

That is not to diminish the horror of those affected by such shootings. But, it only shows how unlikely it is to happen.

Incidentally, I read a story about an ultra long distance runner who competed in a 50K race just this last weekend. Less than a 1/4 mile from the finish he was struck by lightning and killed.
    https://weather.com/news/news/2019-1...-runner-at-50k
    OldChap, AzQkr and airslot like this.

Sponsored Links