OK, its official I hate plastic guns. - Page 2

OK, its official I hate plastic guns.

This is a discussion on OK, its official I hate plastic guns. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Steel, plastic, aluminum, zmack, and soon to be scandium. I don't have any molecular biases....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: OK, its official I hate plastic guns.

Steel, plastic, aluminum, zmack, and soon to be scandium. I don't have any molecular biases.
    bmcgilvray, OD*, ETXhiker and 4 others like this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

VIP Member
    I like plastic, steel, alloy and wood used in guns.....and paper bags for groceries. The bags line my trash can under the sink and the steel and alloy guns lie in the safe....plastic on my hip or in my pocket..... Like and shoot all of them.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    I love my plastic guns, 3 Glocks, a SCCY, and a Ruger SR22. The only steel and wood gun I own is my NAA Black Widow.
    Yep. Have been carrying Glocks since my PD switched to them in the early 90's. When I retired I purchased my duty weapon for $1 and bought another Glock since then. They saved the lived of several of my colleagues and friends who needed to use a firearm to stop a threat. I have fired my Glocks with no issues for many years. I love my Kimber and my S&W Revolver and my other weapons but will always carry a Glock for personal protection.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    Seems like irrationality abounds on here, of late.
    Oh no, we are who we are. I am back up to four plastics. Can’t say I hate them, dislike fits better. Three of the four are small situational pistols and the last is a full size CZ with a hammer.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

About as far from a plastic 9mm as you can get. I'll admit that my EDC is an M&P9c.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OK, its official I hate plastic guns.-img_0644.jpg  

OK, its official I hate plastic guns.-img_0639.jpg  

OK, its official I hate plastic guns.-img_0641.jpg  

MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    The only plastic I like is in a boob job.
    OD*, Rockymonster, MMinSC and 1 others like this.

Plastic guns have their place. I still carry a Sig 938 and mostly Colts every day. I do own several S&W plastic guns. They come out of the safe once in a while. I don’t do the grocery shopping in my house. My wife asked me 40 years ago to go to the store and get one thing, I came back with 3 bags of groceries. Never been allowed back in one.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Hopefully a bit tongue in cheek as I have zero issues with plastic guns performance and understand the pros of them and still don't like em much. Why do we all have to suffer the square slides and those damned rails on everything? One of the reasons a 1911 and similar(despite its weight and dimensions) carries so well is they actually rounded the top of the dang slide and made some effort to make them slim and smooth. I had a Sig P227 that was a great gun and I sold it after I got tired of the cheese grater on the dust cover chewing my leather holster to shreds every time I drew or holstered the gun. Take a look at the 1908 Colt pocket "hammerless" That is how an every day carry gun should be designed. Smooth, thin and easy to carry almost anywhere.
    Even my plastic HK has that annoying cheap spring in plastic sound when you push the decocker. "Ting!". Ugh!

All in fun, sort of.
    airslot, bmcgilvray, OD* and 5 others like this.

Some people apparently forget that Gaston created the G17 primarily for military use, not concealed carry.

Carried all steel/aluminum hammered guns for decades, still do from time to time. The majority of carry today are striker fired polymers however. I'll carry both as I shoot them equally as well.
    airslot, OD*, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    Stainless steel revolvers are my favorite guns to shoot. But plastic has a place in my stable with a 17+1 9mm for HD and an LCR for my pocket.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have several plastic pistols. Don't hate 'em but I don't love 'em either. I tolerate them and can appreciate the advantages they offer in weight savings, ergonomics and stuff like that.

But I WILL NOT own a plastic stocked rifle. Don't care much for the look of stainless, either. Mine are ALL hardwood and blued steel. Same with my two shotguns.

Yeah, I'm old.

Call it an idiosyncrasy.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Plastic guns have their place. I still carry a Sig 938 and mostly Colts every day. I do own several S&W plastic guns. They come out of the safe once in a while. I don’t do the grocery shopping in my house. My wife asked me 40 years ago to go to the store and get one thing, I came back with 3 bags of groceries. Never been allowed back in one.
    That's it right there for me!

I have both! It all boils down to one's "personal preference". I'm not bound by others opinions or views about what to or what not to carry (i.e. plastic vs steel)! Both plastic and steel serve me quite well and whichever one I "feel" like carrying that day; I carry!
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Distinguished Member
    It's amazing to me that the materials are an issue. Strength, durability, and utility for the purpose are what matter. In a weapon we can add reliability and accuracy. So, my most reliable and accurate carry weapon P35 - Hi Power. My 2nd most accurate and reliable carry weapon P99AS. The former is all metal with wood grips and is a sweet shooter but is HEAVY and SA only. The latter is also a sweet shooter, much lighter, almost as accurate, and is SA/DA with a decocker. One has 13 rounds the other 15-18 depending on magazine. When carrying all day the P99 is on my hip. It's also polymer and has night sights while the P35 is mostly steel and has target sights. Ah well, just means that those who come to dislike polymer after owning them help me get my new weapons at a discount on the used market.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

For carry, I always go with what works best for me and satisfies my wants, needs, and requirements. For some years now, that meant Glocks, M&P's, and in the not too distant past, Kahr's. My current carry stable is about the best I have ever compiled. And yes, those are polymer semi-autos.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Distinguished Member
    Not So Off-Topic Rant

Bamboo fly rods made for centuries are three times heavier than graphite fly rods, have slow sloppy actions, break easily, and will develop a "set" (permanent bend) in them if you catch a really big trout. They cost 2-10 times more than quality modern, lightweight, crisp action graphite/polymer fly rods. The rod industry worked feverishly for the past 4 decades to perfect new state of the art fishing rods.

Some guys love expensive bamboo and scorn the "newfangled plastic" rods. I don't. They work better. It's called technology. Hate it or love it, they're here to stay.
    Bamboo rods are prettier, though.

I can appreciate a pretty gun, but don't particularly care if a gun is ugly, either.
    forester58, Kilowatt3 and airslot like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links