This is a discussion on You know your a gun nut when...... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Every time I see this trashcan at work I think of a hollow point .45 ACP lol...
Every time I see this trashcan at work I think of a hollow point .45 ACP lol
You know you are gun nut if:
- "Ammo" is a major line item in your household budget.
- You are always spoiling others' enjoyment of action movies by shouting out things like, "no way that shot would have done that" and "that gun model wasn't even out in the in the year this movie is set."
- You own more than three shootable guns you haven't shot in over a year and really have no plans to shoot in the coming year.
- You sometimes have to remove more than three guns from your safe to get to the one you're after.
- You have ever actually shot out the barrel of a gun you bought new.
- You buy three of every gun model you want: One to practice with, one to carry and one to leave at a relative's house in another state you regularly visit. (My best friend from the Navy has done this with about half the models Sig has made in the last 30 years.)
Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe
Your friends from the gun club are jealous of your collection.
Your LGS calls concerned because you haven't been in.....today.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
- Thomas Jefferson 1787
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization
Your Siamese twin wants to play sports and the coach gives you jerseys numbers 44 40.
“Beware of people who brag about who they are. A lion will never have to tell you he is a lion.”
When you look at numbers (like street addresses, room numbers in a building, and for me, cypher lock combos) and think in terms of guns.
As in: "That code to get into the office is 452." and I think to myself, hum, that's easy, 452, the diameter of my 45 caliber cast boolits.
When you walk into a gun store and everyone knows your name... And you've never been into that gun store before.
When your range buddy asks you if you have ammo for his obscure rifle, because no store in town sells ammo for it it.
When your address book at your nearest shipping location has saved address for the local ATF branch, Sheriff's Office, and most major manufacturers repair centers.
Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"
“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”
Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893