As a gun carrier - Page 4

As a gun carrier

This is a discussion on As a gun carrier within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AzQkr 1. Do you put YOUR wants to carry over that of a retail stores wants to not allow carrying in their ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: As a gun carrier

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    1. Do you put YOUR wants to carry over that of a retail stores wants to not allow carrying in their place of business?

2. Why do you believe your right to carry trumps the store owners rights to deny access to those carrying a firearm?

Just what makes someone believe they have the right to dictate how someone who's got skin in the game opening a retail store operates said business?
    1. Here in TX, no-carry signs have to be in a specific format. If a building is properly posted, I won't carry there. Probably won't cross the threshold in any case.

2. Most retail stores are corporate owned and policy is set by some faceless corporate bureaucrats a thousand miles distant. I have a constitutional amendment on my side that spells out my right. They're concerned with minimizing lawsuits. Again, if the store is properly posted, I simply take my money somewhere else. If they have a noncompliant sign, I'll feel free to enter with my snub in pocket.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    1. Do you put YOUR wants to carry over that of a retail stores wants to not allow carrying in their place of business? My wants are mine, does not mean I have to surrender them to a store or someone else. I can WANT to shop elsewhere.

2. Why do you believe your right to carry trumps the store owners rights to deny access to those carrying a firearm? No! Their property, their rules. But I have the RIGHT to shop elsewhere as well.

Just what makes someone believe they have the right to dictate how someone who's got skin in the game opening a retail store operates said business? I don't have a right to dictate to someone else. I have a right to choose.
    See answers in red.
    Bikenut and AzQkr like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

VIP Member
    Thanks @jmf552 . You've made some interesting points in several posts I hadn't previously considered. I find your points quite persuasive, and I gives me new perspective on avoiding posted businesses. I may choose to avoid them on principle of not funding a business that is openly anti-gun, but I may choose to ignore the sign. TN signs have force of law, but they only kick in when a business owner asks a person carrying to leave. And then it is only misdemeanor trespass should one refuse. I of course would never allow it to reach that point once asked to leave.
    jmf552 likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Many gun owners are willing to support posted businesses even when other options are available.
    There could be a posted restaurant "2A Sucks Pizza" and right across the street non-posted "Pistol Packing Pizza" - "concealed is concealed" would support the posted place.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    It's not that simple. Show me a chain theater (like Regal or Century) or mall property (like Simon) that doesn't have a "no weapons" clause. Saying you never patronize such establishments works for some, but is not realistic for those people with normal children and family in urban areas.

My principle is strong and definitely not lacking.
    I specifically said when other options are available.
    One movie theater in town is not the same as a dozen restaurants and patronize a posted one "concealed is concealed" because they have good rolls. (whatever)
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Many gun owners are willing to support posted businesses even when other options are available.
    There could be a posted restaurant "2A Sucks Pizza" and right across the street non-posted "Pistol Packing Pizza" - "concealed is concealed" would support the posted place.

I specifically said when other options are available.
    One movie theater in town is not the same as a dozen restaurants and patronize a posted one "concealed is concealed" because they have good rolls. (whatever)
    OK- I understand your thought process and do agree. For example, I have never given "Jared, the Galleria of Jewelery" any of my business due to their "in your face" no weapon signs at the entrance. Zales has no such signs (except maybe the old mall code of conduct) and Shane Company definitely doesn't.
    CDW4ME likes this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

The only places I disarm are in a government building or hospitals and some doctors offices when posted assuming I have to go there . Other wise if ( no gun ) signage is legal with in the state and placed properly at a business I go else where .
    CDW4ME likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links