As a gun carrier

As a gun carrier

This is a discussion on As a gun carrier within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 1. Do you put YOUR wants to carry over that of a retail stores wants to not allow carrying in their place of business? 2. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: As a gun carrier

As a gun carrier

1. Do you put YOUR wants to carry over that of a retail stores wants to not allow carrying in their place of business?

2. Why do you believe your right to carry trumps the store owners rights to deny access to those carrying a firearm?

Just what makes someone believe they have the right to dictate how someone who's got skin in the game opening a retail store operates said business?

I follow the laws of the land, mostly.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

If it's someone's house I will abide by their rules if it's a business that's inviting me in to spend my money for their product then I'll always have gun in my pocket whether they like it or not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Rules are made to be followed....Pretty simple...Don't like the rules ...Don't go there.
    Bikenut, msgt/ret, AzQkr and 9 others like this.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    No I do not put my wants to carry over a private property owners rights.
    But I also will spend my money elsewhere. That is My Right.

Distinguished Member
    It is a simple matter for me and is resolved by adhering to my policy of respecting other's rights. For twenty years I owned a photography business located commercial rental property. As the leaseholder I had the right to restrict access to and behavior in my rental space, just as I have the same right to do so in my current residence, a house I own. A person could not smoke in my place of business and cannot in my house. It is my right to say such limitations. Entry to my property is not mandatory. If a person does not like the conditions I impose, they do not have to enter. They can either respect my right or not come in.

So asserting my right to set conditions to enter my property means I have to accept the right of others to set conditions for entering there properties. I do so. When I am faced with signage or announcement that no guns are permitted I do not enter. I do not cheat it even though no one is likely to see my EDC. I face no hardship in respecting others' rights. Whatever they sell I can get from someone else who does not set such conditions. That is what I do.

I never play Gotcha by getting away with something because I will not be found out. I shoot straight in everything I do. I have integrity.
    Bikenut, AzQkr, MYMOMSSON and 7 others like this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

I believe the person that owns private property has the right to be in control who, and who does not, have access to private property.

Also, I believe there is a misunderstanding about what "Open to the public" means. It does not mean anyone and everyone has a right to enter. It means only those who agree to abide by the policies and rules of the property owner have permission to enter. It also means those who do not abide by those policies/rules do not have permission to enter and are trespassing. Make no mistake, if someone is asked to leave because they did not abide by a policy or rule they were caught already in the act of trespassing. Whether or not any legal consequences occur depend on how the trespass laws are applied in that particular State. But being asked to leave means the person just got caught being in/on private property without permission and that is the definition of trespassing.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/t/trespass/

I also believe the laws that require/force a property owner to allow certain protected groups access to his private property are just as much infringements upon the private property right to grant, or deny, access as gun control laws are infringements upon the right to keep and bear arms. Same kind of government control just a different right being controlled.

I also believe those who disrespect the property owner's right to deny entry to persons who carry guns by sneaking their concealed gun into/onto private property while demanding/expecting the right to bear arms be respected are being extremely hypocritical.

I also do not understand why some folks do not realize that no guns policies/rules do have the force of law. It may not be a gun law but it would still be trespass law so yes, no guns policies/rules do have the force of law.

I also believe gun owners/carriers who patronize anti gun businesses because it is convenient or they can save a few bucks are foolishly supporting the anti gun agenda by giving money to those anti gun businesses.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

If a store doesnt want me to carry there, I will do my best to shop elsewhere. If they voice any support for gun control, I absolutely will not spend money with them. I dont think my rights trump theirs, though.
    We get the government we deserve.

JD
    Administrator
    Hahahhahahahahahahahaha

Haha

Ha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not intentionally, though I have missed some poorly placed signs. I don't go back though once I know.
    Nix, AzQkr, airslot and 1 others like this.

None of the stores I go to have no guns signs. By chance, that is the way it worked out.
    If they posted today, I would shop elsewhere tomorrow.

The signs here carry force of law, I follow the law.

Now on the wishes of the store owner I am torn. You operate a place open to the public and it is legal for the general public to carry, carry should be allowed without question. But then if I own the place it would be a concern as to who is armed and what are the doing.
    If I am going anywhere that is not posted, store or private dwelling, I will carry and not seek to know what their wishes are. None of the relatives know so it can’t bother them.
    I don’t ask what’s in their pockets.
    AzQkr, hogdaddy and airslot like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

1. Do you put YOUR wants to carry over that of a retail stores wants to not allow carrying in their place of business?
    I do not. I'll honor their right to set the rules in their places of business by shopping elsewhere. The internet has made this easier than ever.

2. Why do you believe your right to carry trumps the store owners rights to deny access to those carrying a firearm?
    I don't believe that.

Just what makes someone believe they have the right to dictate how someone who's got skin in the game opening a retail store operates said business?
    People who believe that are simply mistaken.
    AzQkr, hogdaddy and airslot like this.

why....why....why??!
    AzQkr, airslot and Bad Bob like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post

In my area, at least, there are maybe two businesses remaining with posted gunbuster signs. Neither of them have anything so unique that I cannot go down the street to a similar, non-posted establishment and get whatever it is I need. Heck, most of my purchases are done online now.

I avoid crowded, no-gun venues, so no real issues there, either.
    AzQkr, hogdaddy, airslot and 1 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Not intentionally, though I have missed some poorly placed signs. I don't go back though once I know.

This doesn't seem to be an issue around here, either.......or.....quite possibly......I've missed all the signs........

Agreed, though, if a place doesn't want me and my CCW, I'd respect that and go elsewhere. Too easy.
    AzQkr, SatCong, hogdaddy and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links