Smith & Wesson 27-2 - Page 2

Smith & Wesson 27-2

This is a discussion on Smith & Wesson 27-2 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Very nice. I have a 27-2 that is butt ugly compared to the gun posted by the OP, but it is loved and a great ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Smith & Wesson 27-2

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    Very nice. I have a 27-2 that is butt ugly compared to the gun posted by the OP, but it is loved and a great shooter. As others have said, I wouldn't let this one get away from the family.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

That's a beautiful gun. Out of curiosity I was scrolling through Gunbroker to see what a gun like that would sell for. They have one, maybe not as nice as yours, in a cardboard box instead of a wood box, with a Buy Now price of $3k.
    Struckat, airslot, Nix and 5 others like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

From what I've seen, a standard wear 27-2 goes for around $850-$900. Original box, cleaning tools and papers about double the price for collectability. This has the original receipt from the store. It's never seen a holster. The only wear mark is the turn line on the cylinder. I bet the first box of 1977 cartridges are still in dad's safe with a couple of rounds left.
    airslot, OD*, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

buy a gun safe, for that treasure...
    OD*, airslot, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.

If it needs to be sold and you are unwilling or unable to purchase it, $1500 minimum.
    I know there are folks here that would snatch it up.
    OD*, airslot, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Do what you need to do, to keep that in the family.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, dont give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    That looks like a 5 INCH 27-2......If so........Beg Borrow, or sell your soul for it... They NEVER show up anywhere....
    This is sound advice from a noted authority on pricing. Do not discount what he says.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Get it appraised and sell it, for good $$$, meds and Drs. bills have to be paid, some young person might enjoy it having it in his/her safe, and the cycle starts again.

$900 would be low based on your description. Like Sam says $1500 min.
    airslot likes this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

There is a nickel unfired, presentation box, 27-2 on summit gun broker for under $1100.00

S&W 27-2

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    Keep it if you can.

That's a real beaut

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    My father asked my advice on selling his safe queen. A 1977 27-2 in the original box with cleaning kit, papers and receipt. Heck, he even has the Michigan safety inspection card. I'm not posting in the Marketplace because I am not the owner. I really hate to see this go. It is in pristine condition. Anyone can PM me with questions.

We did take some photos for your eye candy pleasure.

Attachment 305094

Attachment 305096

Attachment 305100

Attachment 305098

Attachment 305102
    Get it ... get it ... get it ... !!!

You won't regret owning it if you'll use it, if you value it for its connection with your father. Only one opinion, but that's the finest .357 Magnum revolver on the planet in my view, more so than any of several famous high-dollar .357 Magnums that could be named.

I place less value on the accessory items, but it's a sure bet that the real market does!

I'm not expert enough to be certain that it's a five-inch Model 27 from a photograph. I need to polish up on my 5-inch Model 27 photo recognition capabilities. Here's a 6-inch that I have for comparison and also another N-Frame Smith & Wesson, a pre-war model that is a 5-inch gun. Lug length would be the same between these two Model 27s and the pre-war N-Frame.

OD*, BigJon10125, drmordo and 2 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I agree that you should keep it in the family. They no longer make guns of that quality. It's simply irreplaceable.
    airslot, OD* and drmordo like this.
    I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted, and I wont be laid a hand on. I dont do these things to other people and I require the same from them. John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Get it ... get it ... get it ... !!!

You won't regret owning it if you'll use it, if you value it for its connection with your father. Only one opinion, but that's the finest .357 Magnum revolver on the planet in my view, more so than any of several famous high-dollar .357 Magnums that could be named.

I place less value on the accessory items, but it's a sure bet that the real market does!

I'm not expert enough to be certain that it's a five-inch Model 27 from a photograph. I need to polish up on my 5-inch Model 27 photo recognition capabilities. Here's a 6-inch that I have for comparison and also another N-Frame Smith & Wesson, a pre-war model that is a 5-inch gun. Lug length would be the same between these two Model 27s and the pre-war N-Frame.

The pistol is an exact match to your 6". Although I believe the barrel is marked 5" and some fraction. 7/8ths? I'll check.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links