Men's and Women's views on gun ownership - Page 2

Men's and Women's views on gun ownership

This is a discussion on Men's and Women's views on gun ownership within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I suspect it's a social norm, the difference between the protectors and the protected. Obviously, that's not applicable to all men and women, but it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Men's and Women's views on gun ownership

I suspect it's a social norm, the difference between the protectors and the protected. Obviously, that's not applicable to all men and women, but it remains true for many.
    Bikenut, Old Man and M1911A1 like this.
    Governor Northam: YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I suspect it's a social norm,the difference between the protectors and the protected.
    Regarding the protectors, Iíd like to note a mother bear or mother lion when it comes to her cubs. Women can be wicked, have always said if you want to win a war give guns to menopausal women where someone is shooting at their kids and they will open a can of woop ash like no one has ever seen.

Maybe folks havenít seen women like that, but where Iím from women are NOT passive when it comes to protecting something/someone that they value. [ie: come near my diamonds and Iíll cut your arm off and beat your head in with it]
    Pete63 and Old Man like this.
    Please relax, take a deep breath....
    Trust the Lord God with all your heart, and He will direct your path.
    Jesus loves you, you will be okay.
    ❤️

VIP Member
    You lost me at NPR.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I would think a valid argument to women is that a pistol is the great equalizer, you are no longer the “weaker sex”. What will accomplish this when guns are illegal and your assailant outweighs you by 100 pounds?. No disrespect meant. Think wisely before giving up your rights
    M1911A1 and duane_wade like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Regarding the protectors, Iíd like to note a mother bear or mother lion when it comes to her cubs. Women can be wicked, have always said if you want to win a war give guns to menopausal women where someone is shooting at their kids and they will open a can of woop ash like no one has ever seen.

Maybe folks havenít seen women like that, but where Iím from women are NOT passive when it comes to protecting something/someone that they value. [ie: come near my diamonds and Iíll cut your arm off and beat your head in with it]
    @Sister you remind me of the Miranda Lambert song, "Gunpowder and Lead".
    Sister likes this.

My wife doesn't handle or shoot guns. She says that is what she has me for!
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

I would never have married my wife if, as the relationship progressed, she admitted that she was strongly against firearms and their ownership by civilians. She would have had to find someone else. But she has never been remotely in that camp so it is a none issue in my home. And she most certainly does consider what candidates have to say about the hotly debated firearms issues.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

When I married Jean, she was anti-gun, but she "allowed" me to keep one loaded pistol around. The rest were in a lock-box in the garage.

But then she became curious.
    And her curiosity grew after we were held up at gunpoint in a place where I could not be legally armed (and wasn't).
    The robbers didn't get anything, I believe, in part, because they recognized me as someone who knew their parents.
    But Jean's views on the subject took a 180į flip.

We retired, and moved to a shall-issue state. I taught her to shoot and she became very competent. Then we both got concealed-carry permits.
    And, to top it off, for my 75th birthday and to comfort my newly-acquired arthritis, Jean got me an engraved .380 pistol for my EDC.

People can change.
    Sister likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    NPR is just another liberal media voice masquerading as neutral.

Notice how they made a point to point out that both people were Independents and this is on gender difference but still had to bring up Republicans vs Democrats. It is just part of the continuing effort to white wash 2A supporters and Republicans as being predominantly white males, which then is assumed as being racist homophobes.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    It is indisputable that there are gender divides on a wide variety of topics and issues. That this applies to guns would seem to be an understandable and acceptable reality. There are anecdotal examples to counter every norm. But they are anecdotal and don't disprove the bell curve facts. The story seemed pretty benign to me. Not much opining mostly stating the obvious: when stratified for gender, there is often a difference of views across those genders, on many topics. It just is what it is. If ever there were NPR stories that support the narrative of their bias, this one did not seem to be one of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links