If YOU were going to a gun show this weekend..... - Page 3

If YOU were going to a gun show this weekend.....

This is a discussion on If YOU were going to a gun show this weekend..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Heather........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: If YOU were going to a gun show this weekend.....

VIP Member
    Heather.....

If YOU were going to a gun show this weekend.....-de5a9810-0410-418d-b1d1-362bf5112767.jpeg
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

I would buy a lot of Glocks if she came with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 38s are obvious, but what are those pistols, Glocks? No, kida ruins it for me.
    Rockymonster and MMinSC like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array darbo's Avatar
    FNX .45 Tactical.

If I was going to a gun show, I'd want to fondle a couple of these

I'd need something to make the sloth pace and crowdedness a bit more tolerable.
    Rockymonster and Rangers13 like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Blue steel and wood...
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

I'd be looking for 2 things specifically but looking at everything. I'd love to come across a 6.5 Swedish Mauser (sporterized or battle dress) in decent shape but not priced so high it makes you nauseous looking at the price tag and anything Dan Wesson in a revolver (.357 and/or .44) to increase my small collection.

My dad had a sporterized 6.5 back in the early 70s and it was a very accurate and comfortable rifle to shoot.

And I love Dan Wesson revolvers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    At the local gun show a couple of years ago, I came upon a pre-64 Winchester model 70 in 300 H&H. The only mod, was that someone had added a recoil pad to it. I think the seller wanted $1500 for it, which was more than I could afford at the time. Wish I would have bit the bullet on that one and bought it anyway.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

A dong - the wooden VFG on an AK . I've looked all over the internet and can't find one so a gun show is looking like my only option. Gun Broker has sets for near $200, but I'm not wanting to spend that kind of money on a hard wood dong.

Any suggestions?

I am always looking for a SIG 232, a SIG 239, and left handed vertical shoulder holsters.
    ETXhiker likes this.

VIP Member
    Hellcat and vintage Colt and S&W revolvers. Still looking for a Detective Special to go with my two Cobras.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I'm old fashioned. I used to love going to gun shows. They were places where you could find just about anything your heart desired, even if it was just to look at and admire.

The prices were reasonable and there was no need to become an "Arab Trader" to get a fair price on something.

The people were just as enjoyable as the show itself, friendly and easy-going. You could get a good sandwich and soft drink for lunch, and enjoy some good gun-talk while you ate.

Gun shows were a community event, like a water hole where friends met for the sheer pleasure of owning a fine firearm. I miss those days. Maybe I just have had bad luck choosing one to attend.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

A blonde, under 5'6" whose father has a large gun collection and a heart condition.
    Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    A blonde, under 5'6" whose father has a large gun collection and a heart condition.
    And no other children.....unless it’s the blonde’s twin sister.....
    Nmuskier, Rangers13 and ETXhiker like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I'm old fashioned. I used to love going to gun shows. They were places where you could find just about anything your heart desired, even if it was just to look at and admire.

The prices were reasonable and there was no need to become an "Arab Trader" to get a fair price on something.

The people were just as enjoyable as the show itself, friendly and easy-going. You could get a good sandwich and soft drink for lunch, and enjoy some good gun-talk while you ate.

Gun shows were a community event, like a water hole where friends met for the sheer pleasure of owning a fine firearm. I miss those days. Maybe I just have had bad luck choosing one to attend.
    I’m with you Old Chap..... Many of the gun shows have devolved to the point that they are no longer enjoyable to attend....although it could just be me. Since moving to a smaller state and community, the shows I’ve attended are a great deal smaller with higher prices and less selection. Just got back from one....disappointing, although the admission was cheap and I didn’t spend any money. Little fondling on my part but did enjoy checking out a few 1911$ and Single Action revolvers.
    OldChap, G-man*, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links