What do LEOs mean when they say "Arsenel"? - Page 2

What do LEOs mean when they say "Arsenel"?

This is a discussion on What do LEOs mean when they say "Arsenel"? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Arsenal , n., a football ( i.e. , soccer) team, or "club," which performs in a public stadium in Islington, a Borough of the City ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: What do LEOs mean when they say "Arsenel"?

Arsenal, n., a football (i.e., soccer) team, or "club," which performs in a public stadium in Islington, a Borough of the City of London, England.

There. Does that help?
    druryj and Poorly like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Lead Moderator
    The term "Arsenal" is entirely subjective and depends on what state you are in.

In Arkansas, anything less than 50 guns is a simple collection.

In Texas, about the same.

In New Jersey, it is one single shot .22 that is at least 70 years old, a .22 single action six-shooter and an old single shotgun that only works about half the time.

In Massachusetts, it can be a dozen bottle rockets, two rolls of caps for a cap gun, a dull knife and a Ruger 10/22 Automatic Assault Weapon with half a box of .22 shells.

In New York, most LEO's can't count past the number of fingers on their hands so if there are more guns than fingers, it is an ARSENAL. They will put out articles of how they saved the whole state from a madman and what might have happened.

IN Illinois, Chicago in particular, possession of an illegally converted MAC 10 and two 30 rounds mags is considered an arsenal.

Now here's a fact. I have friends that own 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo in ammo cans. Some have Tannerite to shoot and have fun with. They own every manner of weapon, bolt action "sniper rifles", every kind of "assault weapon" and all sorts of accessories for such. Multiple handguns, both semi-auto instruments of death and lots of revolvers.

I have often wondered how some new reporters would report that if anything ever went wrong. I'm sure some of them would freak out, swoon, and probably ask the Arkansas State Police for personal protection details... when most of us would say..." well...he's got a good start". They would report an arsenal with 10s of thousands of rounds and bomb-making materials and a multitude of dangerous automatic assault weapons or some silly stuff like that.

It would be sensational.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    If the media were to look in my safe they would claim I have enough weapons to arm a third world country.
    If they got me, you would know about it. It would be national...maybe even global.

I kid you not.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I consider an arsenal to be “more than I can carry” in normal terms. Here in California, narrow that definition to be what one can carry with one hand. In San Francisco, one hand, after your wrist has been broken. In next door Arizona, I think an arsenal would be defined as whatever you can load into a bobtail within three hours using a forklift. So it’s a term with a meaning that varies by region and politics. Personally, I crossed the CA definition about 20 years ago...

I often laugh when I see what the news proclaims an arsenal.

Sheeeeesh, I have more than that in my living room.......

Oh, and always look carefully at the tables showing the offending weapons, because you will often note that they have a shotgun, a Daisey BB gun, a Nerf gun, and three air softs. I kid you not.....
    ETXhiker and airslot like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Lets face it, the majority of us would be on CNN doing "A Perp Walk" if they even got a hint of what we have. Heck if they ever got to my BOL they would crap themselves.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

I get so sick of that word! Arsenal this, and arsenal that! Everything today is "arsenal'! Arsenal coffee??!! (No thanks, just the plain stuff, please!) Arsenal food?!!? (No thanks, just steak and potatoes, please!) I swear! If one more thing is described as being "arsenal", I'm going to... Wait! ... What? "Arsenal"? Not "artisanal"? Oh. Never mind.

rx7sig
    M1911A1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    An "arsenal" is a place, not a quantity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Look at the pictures!
    He had a "sawed-off" .22 rifle and an extremely sawed-off shotgun, I think.
    Although these two weapons were not particularly dangerous, both are considerably illegal. Especially under federal law.

OK, he didn't have an arsenal, per se.
    But he was a miscreant "on the run" from "the authorities," and he was armed with three firearms, two of which were illegal.
    He was also armed with two non-firearm weapons with lethal ammunition (the bows and their "arrows").
    And it seems as if he had a few extended magazines for an SKS (or similar), the gun for which was missing from the pictures.

I therefore ask you to consider his intent, if not solely his armament.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Those are rookie numbers. You've got to up your game here!
    Yeah, I had to borrow 3 of them from other guys I know to stage the pic. I mean, why would anybody need more than 1 or 2 guns anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G26Raven and Rockymonster like this.

per Wikipedia (which in this case is pretty much right):

"An arsenal is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, or issued, in any combination, whether privately or publicly owned. Arsenal and armoury (British English) or armory (American English) are mostly regarded as synonyms, although subtle differences in usage exist."

Unless, of course, you are a news organization or politician. Then, it's what ever you say it is!
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    " Arsenal " was used by Fox News .......not the LEO ,

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/natio...r-in-wisconsin
    Shhhhhhh. Don't ruin his diatribe against LE as we know that's who his beef is with.
    flh and Hoganbeg like this.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Those are rookie numbers. You've got to up your game here!
    This is just what is carried today!
    G26Raven and druryj like this.

VIP Member
    Here’s a picture of one....

What do LEOs mean when they say "Arsenel"?-ac0d2c85-f156-41a8-a216-786e0bf000e5.jpeg

Oh wait...you meant Arsenal NOT Arsenial....sorry.....
    rx7sig likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

VIP Member
    Now that's an arsenal!

What do LEOs mean when they say "Arsenel"?-williamsburg_armory.jpg

Williamsburg. VA
    msgt/ret, PM and airslot like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links