Should Bank Tellers Keep Guns - Page 5

Should Bank Tellers Keep Guns

This is a discussion on Should Bank Tellers Keep Guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; my bother was a Vice president of this bank that was rob twice, same teller, she didn't hit the silent alarm or put the tinted ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Should Bank Tellers Keep Guns

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    my bother was a Vice president of this bank that was rob twice, same teller, she didn't hit the silent alarm or put the tinted bag in with the money, I'll guess it raised a red flag with the FBI because they figured out that she has been in another bank with the same situation, it turn out she was in with the robber, they are both doing time at a Federal prison, soon after the last job.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    my bother was a Vice president of this bank that was rob twice, same teller, she didn't hit the silent alarm or put the tinted bag in with the money, I'll guess it raised a red flag with the FBI because they figured out that she has been in another bank with the same situation, it turn out she was in with the robber, they are both doing time at a Federal prison, soon after the last job.
    BamaT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Donít twist what I say!!! 😡

Have you ever met someone that hates guns, that doesnít want to touch them? Should you make them carry?

That is what I thought, stop trying to use others words against them to make YOUR point, it makes you look like a Democrat!
    It wasnít what I said and you know it.
    You said ď No, Iíd rather them pay more attention to giving me the correct amount of money than have to take the time to decide at what direction to shoot at the BG.Ē I never suggested forcing anyone to carry. Only saying they should be able to if they desire.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    You said ď No, Iíd rather them pay more attention to giving me the correct amount of money than have to take the time to decide at what direction to shoot at the BG.Ē I never suggested forcing anyone to carry. Only saying they should be able to if they desire.
    If you work for me I get to set the conditions of employment. If you don't like my conditions of employment go get another job.
    BamaT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    If you work for me I get to set the conditions of employment. If you don't like my conditions of employment go get another job.
    Thatís true, and I respect that you as the business/property owner have the right to make that decision. That doesnít mean I agree with that decision.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array BamaT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Not too sure about that. While working for an armored car company, If bank funds were stolen from the bank, the truck, or from storage there was always an FBI investigation for the FDIC.
    The armored car/courier company had insurance as well.
    The point the money wasn't covered was when the bank customer left the bank and was walking to their vehicle. That's the only place I see armed guards these days.
    FDIC insurance is strictly for the benefit of depositors in the event of a bank failure. The FDIC is also a bank regulator, along with the OCC and state regulatory agencies. In that regulatory role, they may investigate anything that may compromise the financial health of a bank, including risk assessment, which includes robberies. In that capacity the FDIC may have had an interest in an armed robbery investigation. Since FDIC insurance exists for the benefit of depositors, banks pay FDIC insurance premiums essentially based on deposit levels (a little more complicated than that, but thatís the main component).

By the way, I was a Regional CFO for a Fortune 500 bank for many years, and was also a Senior VP and CFO for a mid size community bank prior to that, so this is a subject matter I am familiar with.
    Last edited by BamaT; December 2nd, 2019 at 01:35 AM.
    NRA Life Member

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but, I doubt any bank outside of a very small town bank is going to allow it. Several of the banks around here have either converted over to a remote lockable entrance or a "remote" teller using those air capsules, or both.
    Rock and Glock and BamaT like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Should Bank Tellers Keep Guns
    Nope

If banks want to discourage robberies, they have other options with less downside. And it seems that most elect to pass on those, as well. They've done the math and figured that the fees they love to charge us more than make up for their losses.

Remind me, who are the bad guys?
    Sister likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by BamaT View Post
    FDIC insurance is strictly for the benefit of depositors in the event of a bank failure. The FDIC is also a bank regulator, along with the OCC and state regulatory agencies. In that regulatory role, they may investigate anything that may compromise the financial health of a bank, including risk assessment, which includes robberies. In that capacity the FDIC may have had an interest in an armed robbery investigation. Since FDIC insurance exists for the benefit of depositors, banks pay FDIC insurance premiums essentially based on deposit levels (a little more complicated than that, but thatís the main component).

By the way, I was a Regional CFO for a Fortune 500 bank for many years, and was also a Senior VP and CFO for a mid size community bank prior to that, so this is a subject matter I am familiar with.
    You obviously know a lot more than me on this subject and I stand corrected on several points. You sir are an expert.
    BamaT likes this.

Two options:
    Bank teller, cashier, pizza delivery, ...
    - Should be allowed to carry because compliance with robber doesn't equal not being hurt/killed anyway.
    - Should not be allowed to carry because financial risk to company is more important than individual employee safety.

Surely nobody on this forum thinks option #2 the most reasonable.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Senior Moderator
    I was once a young bank teller. I know I wanted an opportunity to keep a gun. I was aware that option No. 2 was a possibility.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links