These are NOT rookie numbers - latest ATF stats

This is a discussion on These are NOT rookie numbers - latest ATF stats within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Even I am impressed by this! NSSF: Americans Own 423 Million Firearms…And Climbing .....The estimated total number of firearms in civilian possession from 1986-2018 is ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: These are NOT rookie numbers - latest ATF stats

Even I am impressed by this!

NSSF: Americans Own 423 Million Firearms…And Climbing

.....The estimated total number of firearms in civilian possession from 1986-2018 is 422.9 million, according to data reported in the ATF’s Firearms Commerce Report in the United States 2019 report and including the preliminary 2018 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) figures.
    17,740,000 Modern Sporting Rifles are in private ownership today.

More than half (54%) of all rifles produced in 2017 were modern sporting rifles.

In 2017, 7,901,218 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those, 4,411,923 were pistols and revolvers, 2,821,945 were rifles and 667,350 were shotguns.

Read the whole thing here:
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ns...-and-climbing/
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

And those are only the ones purchased after 1968 that the ATF would have data on. I saw an estimate that there were around 100 million modern firearms in the country at that time. I will bet most of them are still around.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member
    Modern sporting rifle = Evil black military killing machine!!!!!
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post

.....The estimated total number of firearms in civilian possession from 1986-2018 is 422.9 million, according to data reported in the ATF’s Firearms Commerce Report in the United States 2019 report and including the preliminary 2018 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) figures.

More than half (54%) of all rifles produced in 2017 were modern sporting rifles.

In 2017, 7,901,218 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those, 4,411,923 were pistols and revolvers, 2,821,945 were rifles and 667,350 were shotguns.

Not to worry. Your benevolent and caring government can easily handle such numbers, even though they can't do anything about robo-calls or telemarketers, and have already declared there is no way they can keep track of 12-20 million illegal aliens.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    When you consider 423 million guns in America, the percentage used in killings are quite small.
    But lets not let facts get in the way of trashing our rights.
    Lets see if we can reach 500 million by the end of 2020.
    I like setting goals.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post

Does that qualify as "in common use"? I would think so.
    OldChap, ETXhiker, MMinSC and 4 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member

ATF: Latest Firearm Stats

Americans own 423 million firearms and 8.1 billion rounds of ammo were produced last year. And 17 million evil black rifles are in the hands of Americans.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...of-ammo-a-year
    G26Raven and ETXhiker like this.
    I know little on the subject so I'll speak at length.

If you have an excuse for failure, you will.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    I'm doing my part.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

I assume the ~18 million MSRs include all of the Thompson, M1 carbine, AK-47, UZI, HK, M1A, etc. style platforms produced over the past century in private hands?
    Rock and Glock and G26Raven like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

If a Democrat wins in Nov. 2020, I bet the numbers increase by 100 million by January.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Lead Moderator
    That's just the ones that require the unconstitutional, illegal, and ridiculous infringement known as a background check to be called in.

Many states, such as Arkansas the background check is waived if you have a Concealed Carry license. I did several on Black Friday that I never called in.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Well my modern sporting is green, clearly not evil. And I only use it’s special powers for the purpose of good, like collecting venison.
    G26Raven, ETXhiker and M1911A1 like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

These numbers do not mean anything to the anti gun zombies that want to restrict our rights.....but I think that says alot about what is going on out there.
    ETXhiker and G26Raven like this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Quote Originally Posted by sigman69 View Post
    These numbers do not mean anything to the anti gun zombies that want to restrict our rights.....but I think that says alot about what is going on out there.
    I disagree at least in part. I do think these numbers indicate that the idea that there will be a mass confiscation of firearms from private hands by the government is pie in the sky. No doubt they will continue to try to take down gun owners one by one with "red flag" laws, making legal transfers more difficult, and making more and more felony crimes related to not adhering to their rules thus expanding the "prohibited persons" list.

They will continue to hate those of us who love freedom, but I do think these numbers mean they will never succeed into turning us into Europe or Australia. The cat is out of the bag. I see it as 423+ million middle fingers raised to such people.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

It doesn't seem like pie in the sky to me. Other countries have disarmed their citizens. I think it could happen here too. Get the right people in power and things can change drastically.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links