Range results are in: Unadjusted Uniflow charging vs precise beam balance charging... - Page 2

Range results are in: Unadjusted Uniflow charging vs precise beam balance charging...

This is a discussion on Range results are in: Unadjusted Uniflow charging vs precise beam balance charging... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet I was just tugging your chain from your previous post on how many rounds to test. Blame it on the drugs ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Range results are in: Unadjusted Uniflow charging vs precise beam balance charging...

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I was just tugging your chain from your previous post on how many rounds to test.
    Blame it on the drugs and lack of BOURBON.
    Tangle likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Blame it on the drugs and lack of BOURBON.
    Works for me.
    airslot and Tangle like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Why not just weigh charges from the uniflo? In my experience, ball powders meter the best. Sticks next, flakes worst.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jpg366 View Post
    Why not just weigh charges from the uniflo? In my experience, ball powders meter the best. Sticks next, flakes worst.
    I did that. I weighed 50 charges from the Uniflow. This was to determine charge variation with IMR 8208 XBR, a "miniature" stick powder.

I wanted to see how well Uniflow charges compare to precisely measured charges. There doesn't seem to be a much difference in velocity variations.
    We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jpg366 View Post
    Hmmm, @jpg366 I think I see what you were getting at now.

I've been loading from an electronic dispenser thinking that I would eventually just load directly from the dispenser. But I ran into some consistency issues and started weighing the dispensed charges on a beam balance and adjusting them to eliminate charge weight as a contributing factor. I had in mind to eventually get back to loading directly from the dispenser.

Since I was still weighing charges (double weighing actually) I thought the Uniflow would dispense the initial charge faster than the electronic dispenser could - and it does. So that saves a significant amount of time. So now, instead of using the electronic dispenser, which would be a bit slower but more precise, after seeing the results from the two 50 round tests I ran, there really isn't much difference in just using the Uniflow and precisely measured charges. I'm inclined to go with just the Uniflow.

I'll be running another 50 round test today with new Winchester brass and unadjusted Uniflow charges, i.e. the charges won't be weight checked.
    We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links