Your next purchase - Page 4

Your next purchase

This is a discussion on Your next purchase within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; AK or PC Carbine....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: Your next purchase

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    AK or PC Carbine.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    Earlier this week I wanted to do a hands on evaluation of the Ruger American Compact and their Security 9, but none of the local shops had the American in stock. So I bought the Security and plan to buy the Compact online sometime after Christmas. How else can I do a hands on evaluation of both?
    Man, @mmb617 , I think you're onto something!

Two guns that I've been really interested in are the .45 ACP/LC Redhawk and the .44 Special GP100. Been thinking that one or the other will likely be my next major gun purchase, but I just haven't figured out yet which one I want worse. You've about convinced me that the only sensible solution is to buy both of them, do a hands-on comparison, and see which one I like better!

I like the way you think!
    Militant likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Man, @mmb617 , I think you're onto something!

Two guns that I've been really interested in are the .45 ACP/LC Redhawk and the .44 Special GP100. Been thinking that one or the other will likely be my next major gun purchase, but I just haven't figured out yet which one I want worse. You've about convinced me that the only sensible solution is to buy both of them, do a hands-on comparison, and see which one I like better!

I like the way you think!
    I could mention that great minds think alike, but I guess that's obvious.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Why the LEM over the DA/SA?
    Only speaking for myself...all 3 of my HK DA/SAs have been converted to LEMs. It really is a great defensive trigger:

Light consistent pull
    Auto-De-cocking (simply come-off the trigger and it's de-cocked)
    "Tactile" Hammer movement to visually show you your fingers on the trigger and squeezing.
    The simplicity of a striker, with the warm fuzzy of a hammer gun while re-holstering

In use it's much like a combination of a standard DA trigger, just very light and also like a two stage trigger when you need it to be for increased accuracy requirements.

Pretty decent article on the "why":

pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Why I Like the LEM
    homo homini lupus est

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Only speaking for myself...all 3 of my HK DA/SAs have been converted to LEMs. It really is a great defensive trigger:

Light consistent pull
    Auto-De-cocking (simply come-off the trigger and it's de-cocked)
    "Tactile" Hammer movement to visually show you your fingers on the trigger and squeezing.
    The simplicity of a striker, with the warm fuzzy of a hammer gun while re-holstering

In use it's much like a combination of a standard DA trigger, just very light and also like a two stage trigger when you need it to be for increased accuracy requirements.

Pretty decent article on the "why":

pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Why I Like the LEM
    I need to try the LEM. I wouldn't mind finding a good DAO hammer fired option. I loved my HKP30sk but, I decided to get away from DA/SA. The Sig P250 feels almost too light for my tastes. Not for safety reasons but, being used to heavier DAO revolvers I would like 7 to 8 pounds but, not so long. I have been eyeing a 3rd gen smith in DAO as well.
    OD*, Chuck R. and Militant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I need to try the LEM. I wouldn't mind finding a good DAO hammer fired option. I loved my HKP30sk but, I decided to get away from DA/SA. The Sig P250 feels almost too light for my tastes. Not for safety reasons but, being used to heavier DAO revolvers I would like 7 to 8 pounds but, not so long. I have been eyeing a 3rd gen smith in DAO as well.
    CZ P-07...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Coolest part about the HKs is that you can "build" your favorite trigger. Simply by changing out a couple springs, you can build a heavy (or heavier) LEM that suits your taste.

This thread on HK Pro, will give you an idea of the possibilities:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...ger-chart.html

All of mine are V1s and a couple are V1- due to the trigger mods (shortened resets) I've had done. And in all honesty, I'm not a huge DA/SA fan, spent quite a bit of time with SIGs, Berreta 92, then CZs, then HK. Of all of them, the HKs are my least favorite.
    forester58, PPS1980 and Militant like this.
    homo homini lupus est

Distinguished Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I do not need anything but my wish list:
    SIG 365
    Ruger Mini 14
    Beretta 1301 Tactical
    Older Savage 99 either .243 or .300

More range time and training
    Tstone likes this.

VIP Member
    This 45 is in route as we speak to my FFL
    and will be my next CCW

Your next purchase-colt-lightweight-commander-review-2016-1.jpg

https://gundigest.com/article/1911-r...ight-commander
    Lifetime NRA Member,collector,reloader.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    if Gunprime.com ever gets them back in stock.

Attachment 308902
    Name:  Beretta-1301-Tactical-J131T18F-082442894157.jpg_2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  27.1 KB

The birthday/Christmas window falls this time of year, and I've been trying to be a good and thrifty boy the past year... None of the local Beretta dealers had heard of them, but my LGS looked it up, ordered me one, and cut me an extra-nice deal on the 1301T in FDE... apparently the black ones are all backordered. I like FDE anyway. Got it, spent a couple range sessions with it, and it is the cat's rear end as far as social shotguns go. Lucky Gunner had a nice deal as well, and I ordered what I hope to be a lifetime supply of Federal FliteControl 8-pellet buckshot this past weekend.
    OD* and Tstone like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pscyclepath View Post
    Name:  Beretta-1301-Tactical-J131T18F-082442894157.jpg_2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  27.1 KB

The birthday/Christmas window falls this time of year, and I've been trying to be a good and thrifty boy the past year... None of the local Beretta dealers had heard of them, but my LGS looked it up, ordered me one, and cut me an extra-nice deal on the 1301T in FDE... apparently the black ones are all backordered. I like FDE anyway. Got it, spent a couple range sessions with it, and it is the cat's rear end as far as social shotguns go. Lucky Gunner had a nice deal as well, and I ordered what I hope to be a lifetime supply of Federal FliteControl 8-pellet buckshot this past weekend.
    Nice!

Gunprime has the FDE, OD green, and Marine version, I may have to reevaluate my prefered choice.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Senior Moderator
    The next purchase is on its way here from Georgia. Lightly used 6" S&W 617 - 10-shot revo. Thirty-nine ounces of stainless steel to tame the vicious recoil of .22 Long Rifle. Fun for the club's .22 pistol steel match next month!
    OD*, Tstone and bmcgilvray like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

P30 is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    I'm very interested in an HK P30s v3

The P30 is my EDC, but I have V1. The P30Ls are hard to find thanks to the John Wick movies, but you should find a standard for around 600. Then go get an HK threaded barrel and throw on some raised sights. The fun really starts then.

This is mine with a Thompson ISIS2 can. Holy smokes this is quiet. No zero change - POA/POI impact either.

(The other is the Mark23 with the KAC)

Your next purchase-p30_mk23.jpg
    PPS1980 and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Nice!

Gunprime has the FDE, OD green, and Marine version, I may have to reevaluate my prefered choice.
    The colored versions tend to be a tee-tee more expensive for some reason, but I live out in the country where the greenish-brown will blend in a little better, and I already had an FDE Magpul stock on my 870. Have a desert tan Glock to make a fashionable carry companion with it. Have to get used now to some slightly different manual of arms with the auto rather than my old pump, but what was impressive was the way this thing can lay out some firepower and stay on the target. Made this old artilleryman's putter flutter ;-)

The FliteControl buckshot at 15 yards consistently made a single 1 1/2 inch hole. pattern coverage was tight with everything from #6 squirrel shot to various brands of #4 and OO buck, plus it chambered everything without flaw from some spare skeet rounds to 3" magnum. I likes it...
    OD* likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links