Doing something I never thought I would do.

This is a discussion on Doing something I never thought I would do. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, two things actually. After about a thirty year hiatus from running (jogging), I broke out the ol running shoes and started again. Been at ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Doing something I never thought I would do.

Well, two things actually. After about a thirty year hiatus from running (jogging), I broke out the ol running shoes and started again. Been at it about a week now. I finally realized I was out of (cardiovascular) shape.

Carrying my SP101 and jogging
    at the same time wasn't gonna happen, so I dug out my 380 Bodyguard from the back of the safe and have been carrying it in the pocket of my jogging pants. This thing is so small and light, I don't even know it's there.

When I get done jogging, and I'm changing back into my everyday clothes, I just transfer that little dude into the front pocket of my jeans. I've been carrying it all week. It's been my primary, and only gun I've carried this week, and I gotta admit, I think I really like it.

I've taken it to the range twice in the last few days and I had forgotten how accurate it is, out to 15 yards. It's a little hard to get a good grip on, so I ordered some Talon granulate grip tape for it this morning to help with that.

I appreciate it's size and weight (or lack of) and I'm gonna continue to carry it (solo) and see how it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doing something I never thought I would do.-screenshot_20191222-145230_gallery_1577048419625.jpg  

Doing something I never thought I would do.-screenshot_20191222-144813_gallery_1577048428386.jpg  

Need to keep that heartbeat up, Got to have cardio ; ) PS Not a bad choice of pocket gun
    H/D
    5lima30ret likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I was shooting my little Pico yesterday after adding some of the rubber grip tape from Talon and it made a big difference. Even added some to the front of the mags and where the thumb of my support hand rides. Those little guns have a permanent spot in my arsenal. It took some shooting but, I have come to really like the little thing, much easier to shoot than my old LCP Custom for me and I shoot +P ammo in it to.
    CreedDryrot likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    I've been thinking in getting the body guard also, for pocket carry in the off side.

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    Second the Talon grip tape. Great stuff. Also, I've found running easier when I use something like a belly band to essentially strap the gun to me so it doesn't move around.
    druryj likes this.

If those ol shoes are 30 years old, you're going to be in for a pleasant surprise when you buy new shoes. I'm crazy about Hokas.

Quote Originally Posted by CreedDryrot View Post
    I've found running easier when I use something like a belly band to essentially strap the gun to me so it doesn't move around.

I was gonna go that route if this one didn't work out.

The pocket in my jogging pants is the perfect size for this particular holster that I'm using and it is zippered. I tried my Sticky holster and my Vedder Pocket Locker and Neither of those worked as well. I don't even notice that I have a gun in my pocket while i'm running. I guess I'm thinking too much about all my aches and pains to notice. Lol.
    CreedDryrot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CBXMan View Post
    If those ol shoes are 30 years old, you're going to be in for a pleasant surprise when you buy new shoes. I'm crazy about Hokas.

HaHa!
    No, their shoes I bought about 3 years ago for loungin around in, when I'm not Wearing my boots, which is basically never, so their practically brand new.

Their Asics Gel-Kahana 7s. Not the best running shoe, but not the worst either. I bought them because they look good with jeans. Better than the old man white New Balance shoes anyway. Not that there's anything wrong with them, just not my style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doing something I never thought I would do.-screenshot_20191222-190228_gallery_1577063049400.jpg  

Doing something I never thought I would do.-screenshot_20191222-191434_gallery_1577063957907.jpg  

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    The BG380 is a heck of a lot of gun in a small package. I jogged with mine a few times before I decided I'd rather have a belly than jog.

The only reason the BG380 has gone into reserve status is I got a Keltec PF9 that is only slightly larger.

Senior Moderator
    How's the trigger on your Bodyguard? I shot one about 5 (?) years ago when they were fairly new, and the trigger had to be over 8 pounds on that gun. The irony was that I was coaching a young gal whose dad had given her the gun for protection. She couldn't hit a 2'x3' target at 7 yards and even my shots remotely approached a "group" - she would have been better off throwing the gun at an assailant. Sure hope yours has a friendlier trigger.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    How's the trigger on your Bodyguard? I shot one about 5 (?) years ago when they were fairly new, and the trigger had to be over 8 pounds on that gun. The irony was that I was coaching a young gal whose dad had given her the gun for protection. She couldn't hit a 2'x3' target at 7 yards and even my shots remotely approached a "group" - she would have been better off throwing the gun at an assailant. Sure hope yours has a friendlier trigger.
    They are definitely heavy. It's like a unmodified J frame trigger. That's another advantage of the Keltec - much better trigger.

That said, I've shot a J frame enough that the BG380 trigger doesn't bother me at all.

I absolutely love the trigger. But I'm a diehard revolver guy. 🙂

I like lighter pocket guns. The Bodyguard weighs 12 oz. empty. The 1st generation Kel-Tec P-3AT .380 that I've been carrying since 2003 weighs less than 7.5 ounces empty.
    Even the S&W 340PD .357 Snubby revolver weighs less at 11.6 ounces and that includes a set of Crimson Trace Laser grips.

Great that you are exercising. Best way to stay on this side of the grass as we get older.

I carry an LCP and also don’t notice it. We have coyotes where we live so very necessary against those critters if they get ornery. I have a rubber Hogue grip on mine and makes it very manageable to shoot. It also adds a bit of girth to the grip in addition to tackiness to make it a more friendly gun.

while I usually carry a G42, the LCP is perfect for polo shorts and teeshirt as well as running clothes. I wear compression shorts under my running shorts/pants and keep my gun in my waistband in a neoprene holster. It doesn’t move and is so light I don’t even notice it.

A lot of people poo-poo the LCP but I like it. The trigger in mine isnt bad and to 21ft it is more than accurate enough.

The only exercise I get is jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle.

My best to you.
    Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.

1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links