Requalifying in Illinois

Requalifying in Illinois

This is a discussion on Requalifying in Illinois within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It was loud at the indoor range when the instructor told me to shoot for the X and I thought he said shoot for the ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By GpTom
  • 3 Post By BCC73
  • 1 Post By GpTom
  • 1 Post By GpTom

Thread: Requalifying in Illinois

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar

Requalifying in Illinois

It was loud at the indoor range when the instructor told me to shoot for the X and I thought he said shoot for the neck. I hit what would be the adams apple on a person. Right away he said stop your shooting a little bit high. I put nearly all of the rest of the rounds in the circles around the X. So he said I qualified and I didn't bother to tell him that I heard him wrong
    msgt/ret, BCC73 and Old Man like this.

Quals are funny that way....I got scolded cause of 1 big hole---he couldn't count the rounds !!!!!
    Glad you passed.....
    twotrips, sdprof and GpTom like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    It was loud at the indoor range when the instructor told me to shoot for the X and I thought he said shoot for the neck. I hit what would be the adams apple on a person. Right away he said stop your shooting a little bit high. I put nearly all of the rest of the rounds in the circles around the X. So he said I qualified and I didn't bother to tell him that I heard him wrong
    Glad to hear you qualified. Sounds like you were shooting well. What is the requalification course? Is it the same for requalification? How often are you required to requalify in Illinois? I'm assuming this is for civilian concealed carry and not LEO requalification.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Glad to hear you qualified. Sounds like you were shooting well. What is the requalification course? Is it the same for requalification? How often are you required to requalify in Illinois? I'm assuming this is for civilian concealed carry and not LEO requalification.
    The required instruction is three hours and it hasn't changed much since I got my card five years ago. The original class was for 12 hours of class time. They only charged me $75 for the class and range and target, paperwork and all. I will find out more about how to send it in but I have to wait no earlier than 90 days before the old one expires they won't accept early applications. Not sure but I think it is a standard B2 target and you are required to get at least 21 out of thirty in the body mass Yes this is just for a civilian ccw renewal. I didn't do too bad but my shooting wasn't anything to brag about.
    Old Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    Quals are funny that way....I got scolded cause of 1 big hole---he couldn't count the rounds !!!!!
    Glad you passed.....
    I make mine easier to count.
    Old Man likes this.

Good shooting.

There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Sponsored Links