Have you bought a gun, just because? I know I have...

This is a discussion on Have you bought a gun, just because? I know I have... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, since the dogs didn't say no (Ok, perhaps they may have, but I don't speak fluent dog, and their barks and growls COULD have ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Have you bought a gun, just because? I know I have...

So, since the dogs didn't say no (Ok, perhaps they may have, but I don't speak fluent dog, and their barks and growls COULD have been to buy MORE guns than I did - I could never really conjugate K-9 that well), I just happened to find myself in the local gun stores before the new year and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Mossberg Shockwave here, and a Zastava Model 75 there.....and SOMEHOW, they became my personal property.

Now, did I NEED to add a 14" barrel, completely legal, non-NFA firearm that happens to shoot 12 gauge shot shells, or what seems to be a 30" Serbian/Yugoslavian double barrel goose gun to the armory??? Oh, HECK no..... but I did.....

So, am I the only one that seems to purchase something off kilter just because it looked cool and spoke my name?

Feel free to confess. Your secrets are safe with me, though if Bob is reading this (I seem to have named the NSA staffer that I believe keeps tabs on this right wing, constitutionalist, pro gun owning, anti liberal gun grabber cop), well, Bob, the entire thing is a fabrication created by Communists or Communist sympathizers, Never Trumpers, and or Pelosi political plants trying to frame me and the fine members of this forum!
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Have I? No. Will I? Perhaps. The problem is, shortly after the last purchase, just like shortly after the great gun inheritance of 2010, I had a boating accident, and well, we all know how that goes. If I did get another gun, I'd be worried of another accident....
    Old Man and airslot like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Can't say I have ever bought a firearm for frivolous reasons.
    hardluk1 likes this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Last year I bought a Zastava M-85 pistol AK in 5.56 just because I thought... (rightfully so it turns out) it would be a fun range toy! It has no purpose other than to be boringly reliable, uses AR 5.56 mags, and is a hoot to shoot!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

If you look back at some of the guns I have posted here yes I have bought many.

Two examples.

Have you bought a gun, just because? I know I have...-30luger_r.jpg Have you bought a gun, just because? I know I have...-img_0682.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Only my first gun was bought with specificity. Ever since then, every gun I've purchased was because I liked it / it looked good.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Senior Moderator
    You betch'a!

I buy 'em to try 'em, experience 'em, because I want 'em, and because they were just too good a' deal.

I've even bought a Glock and I've long loathed Glock, just because I wanted to have a specimen on hand so I could better hate Glock ... well ... and because it was a deal.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I was at McDonalds getting a cup of coffee. Obama was on the TV talking about guns. Finished my coffee drove about two blocks and purchased a firearm in his honor. I had gone to town for a motorcycle part. I have gone to the store to purchase a few bolts I needed and came back with a firearm, they sell both.
    You buy because you can because you want to , You never give a reason or justify it. No one can argue with if you don't. Why the heck did you buy that? reply I wanted it. Conversation over. One other time my answer was wife told me to, long story involves A member of Congress talking about guns.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Have you bought a gun, just because?
    Habitual offender here.
    Hawthorne

I bought a Uberti 45 Colt Cattleman just to have fun at the range. I practice with my semi-auto's for SD, but sometimes I want to break the routine. I haven't shot the Uberti yet because of the weather, and my job. I am, however, accumulating dies, primers, and other stuff to get ready.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Am going to buy a Ruger LCP 22 as soon as I can find one just because I want one. No other reason and no other reason necessary.
    5lima30ret and lordofwyr like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety
    When are they going to start teaching safety classes?
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I was at McDonalds getting a cup of coffee. Obama was on the TV talking about guns. Finished my coffee drove about two blocks and purchased a firearm in his honor. I had gone to town for a motorcycle part. I have gone to the store to purchase a few bolts I needed and came back with a firearm, they sell both.
    You buy because you can because you want to , You never give a reason or justify it. No one can argue with if you don't. Why the heck did you buy that? reply I wanted it. Conversation over. One other time my answer was wife told me to, long story involves A member of Congress talking about guns.
    Reminds me of the time around 1994 that I purchased the Russki SKS I yet have from a giant stack of similar boxed SKS's on an aisle's end cap at the Dallas Market Hall gun show as well as 1000 rounds of ammunition. Seems like the rifle was $78 dollars and the ammo was $70. Didn't even want an SKS, but the press had reported that Clinton had said in a speech that: "Good Americans wouldn't purchase such rifles and their further import ought to be banned."
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Have you bought a gun, just because?

Only the last hundred or so.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links