I dislike little pistols - Page 3

I dislike little pistols

This is a discussion on I dislike little pistols within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Subhuman, sounds like you are prejudiced against vertically challenged people! I prefer larger pistols, too, but I shoot my Sig P365 just fine....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: I dislike little pistols

Subhuman, sounds like you are prejudiced against vertically challenged people! I prefer larger pistols, too, but I shoot my Sig P365 just fine.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

I shoot my Kahr PM40, MK9, and CM9 very well. The smooth revolver like trigger helps. However, put a J-frame in my hands and any target is safe from 3 yards out. Never have been a good shot with revolvers and think J-frames are just shooter torture.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Subhuman, sounds like you are prejudiced against vertically challenged people! I prefer larger pistols, too, but I shoot my Sig P365 just fine.
    The 365 looks like a toy in my XXL hands and feels awkward, so does my wife's G42, out pasta few yards most stuff I'm shooting at is pretty safe with either of those, smaller pistols and j frame sized revolvers, weird thing is I can make 25 yard headshots on the target fairly consistently with the S&W Shield with both the 7 and 8 round mags, the G 42 or the 365 I would shoot it at an assailant as a distraction while charging them then use it as an unbalanced hammer to help me beat them to the ground
    G26Raven and 5lima30ret like this.
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

It's not always a case of small hands need small guns either. At 5'6" and 135 lbs I certainly don't have big hands but I have no desire to own a tiny gun. I was carrying a Shield 9 and really liked it and shot it reasonably well. I thought a double stack magazine gun would be too big for my hands but I held a M&P Compact 9 and liked how it felt so I bought it. I can shoot it better than I can the Shield and have made it my EDC because it just feels right to me. And yet my son who has much bigger hands than me prefers the Shield over the Compact. I think a gun just has to feel right in your hands and you know when it does.

The smallest handgun I own is an M&P Compact 22 and I don't shoot it nearly as well as any of my bigger guns. It feels like a toy. I can't imagine shooting anything smaller than that.

Fortunately I'm retired and don't have any issues with what I wear to conceal my carry gun (AIWB). To each his own, as I would never even think of pocket carrying anything.
    5lima30ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    In two hours I'll be at work playing piano and guitar in a restaurant/bar. It would cause consternation and concern (maybe worse) among some of the patrons if I was printing a weapon AT ALL. This includes being watched while playing, singing, bending over, turning, sitting down, stretching over to adjust PA controls, etc.
    I can get away with carrying my LCPII in a quality back pocket wallet holster. I would definitely prefer to be armed in this type of public setting, especially where alcohol is being served. No way I could get away with carrying my Shield or anything larger.
    Dang it. Now I'm hungry for BBQ and fried okra. Almost swung by there last week but we had the dog with us. And we usually either miss you outright or are in and out of there too early.
    Wavygravy and 5lima30ret like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I hate tiny guns, but I am drawn to them.

I liked the 365, but at 5í7Ē, 135#, my hands were made for the 365. I shot it better than a J frame. But I like revolvers better so I traded it away in a deal for a 2.5Ē 686-1.

The Shield 45 is a small pistol that I really hate.
    Itís ugly, light, absorbs recoil and is grippy enough for my weak little hand to hang on to. It can be hidden on me as easily as the 365. I shoot the Shield nearly as accurately as my full size Sig 220.
    Worst of all, I want to carry it all the time...But I still favor the 229.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I dislike little pistols-d6b3c2be-34f4-44ef-bf42-5e9400792edd.jpeg  

Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    I hate tiny guns, but I am drawn to them.

I liked the 365, but at 5í7Ē, 135#, my hands were made for the 365. I shot it better than a J frame. But I like revolvers better so I traded it away in a deal for a 2.5Ē 686-1.

The Shield 45 is a small pistol that I really hate.
    Itís ugly, light, absorbs recoil and is grippy enough for my weak little hand to hang on to. It can be hidden on me as easily as the 365. I shoot the Shield nearly as accurately as my full size Sig 220.
    Worst of all, I want to carry it all the time...But I still favor the 229.
    your 686 is sweet and you know if that 229 ever needs a new home I will adopt it in a heartbeat.

It is amazing at the alchemy S&W used to create the Shield, they will never win a beauty contest, but there is beauty in it's form and function, it isn't a "small" gun but for a whole lot of us it is small enough,out on the range it isn't a big range pistol but it can play with the big boys all day long at any distance you a shooting at and be competitive. In 9, 40, or 45 you can put the hottest ammo you can find in it and when you pull the trigger it waves it's magic wand and the recoil just disappears to some where else ....so yeah I do like one small pistol the Shield, yet there has already been a few people here say it's too big to conceal completely so other than the Shield I still and will always dislike those hard to get a grip on pipsqueak pistols
    5lima30ret and Struckat like this.
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

The Shield is as GLOCK as I will ever get.
    So far I shoot the 686 as good as any that I own.

And no, I thought you were sending me your 229?
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

It is all about finding your own personal sweet spot

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
    The 365 looks like a toy in my XXL hands and feels awkward, so does my wife's G42, out pasta few yards most stuff I'm shooting at is pretty safe with either of those, smaller pistols and j frame sized revolvers, weird thing is I can make 25 yard headshots on the target fairly consistently with the S&W Shield with both the 7 and 8 round mags, the G 42 or the 365 I would shoot it at an assailant as a distraction while charging them then use it as an unbalanced hammer to help me beat them to the ground
    A pocket gun with a short trigger pull might help with accuracy, such as a Sig 238 or 938. The challenge is going to be finding the thumb safety with large hands though.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

All guns are welcome at OldChap's Temple of Smoke Wagon Worship. We have pews designed for large and small. No one is excluded.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

The small guns that the wife and I have are her kel Tec 32 and my S&W BG 380.

Besides doing duty from time to time as pocket guns, they are also used for our runs where the clothing does not allow for anything else.
    I mean, letís face it; maintaining your cardio and muscle tone is as important, if not more important than carrying a big gun.
    And, one would look kind of silly, let alone as uncomfortable and inconvenient as hell wearing a belt with a full sized gun on your hip while trying to run a few miles.

The diminutive, yet light weight guns carry very well IWB carried in a Sticky holster for this purpose, all the while giving a good measure of protection while not hindering the mission.

Its high time people woke up to the bigger picture where self defense is concerned.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Itís so sad itís funny. Just came back from the range, shooting one of my gen 1 LCPs. Ran 200 rounds through it...two hands, right only and left only. My hand doesnít hurt. While those around me were giving their targets the measles, I was drilling the center out. Actually find Iím more accurate shooting it one handed.

The shooter to my right couldnít believe it, but there it was.

Based on what I see, there are a lot of people who canít shoot out there, and they need something to blame.

I love small guns. And shooting them well tends to make the loudmouths keep quiet.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

VIP Member
    Funny, my 16yo daughter and I were at the range last week and she tried out my P99 and, as usual, found it too big. I went out and borrowed the range 365 and let her try it. She disliked it but really couldn't express why (she also did not shoot it well). The manager, an old friend, offered her his personal LCPII to try (I have an original LCP and it was not with us). She enjoyed it, shot it well, and announced that it was a great little weapon. As I said earlier in the thread, the best weapon is the one you have with you. I would add, and is both reliable and accurate in your hands. For my daughter that may well be an LCP (or of course a long gun with scope).
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Itís so sad itís funny. Just came back from the range, shooting one of my gen 1 LCPs. Ran 200 rounds through it...two hands, right only and left only. My hand doesnít hurt. While those around me were giving their targets the measles, I was drilling the center out. Actually find Iím more accurate shooting it one handed.

The shooter to my right couldnít believe it, but there it was.

Based on what I see, there are a lot of people who canít shoot out there, and they need something to blame.

I love small guns. And shooting them well tends to make the loudmouths keep quiet.
    Usually if they suck with a full size, thatís amplified with a small one; which is why they are not for everyone.
    10thmtn, Struckat and BigJon10125 like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links