New SCCY DVG-1

New SCCY DVG-1

This is a discussion on New SCCY DVG-1 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SCCY has a new striker fired pistol 9mm sub compact. Straight trigger with a 5 1/2 lbs. trigger. Fixed sights MSRP $289 $389 with factory ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Helix
  • 1 Post By MMinSC
  • 3 Post By PPS1980
  • 2 Post By MMinSC

Thread: New SCCY DVG-1

New SCCY DVG-1

SCCY has a new striker fired pistol 9mm sub compact. Straight trigger with a 5 1/2 lbs. trigger. Fixed sights MSRP $289 $389 with factory installed CTS-1500 red dot sight.
    MMinSC likes this.

It looks pretty sleek, stirker not DA this time, 10+1 round capacity. Pretty interesting. I know nothing about SCCY pistols though. A few have them they bought "just because". Having PSA close by does that to a man. Sometimes they will email us Palmetto Bucks that can be used in stores. I think that's how the guys I know ended up with a SCCY.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ed-dvg-lineup/
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    It looks pretty sleek, stirker not DA this time, 10+1 round capacity. Pretty interesting. I know nothing about SCCY pistols though. A few have them they bought "just because". Having PSA close by does that to a man. Sometimes they will email us Palmetto Bucks that can be used in stores. I think that's how the guys I know ended up with a SCCY.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ed-dvg-lineup/
    Wait, PSA has an actual storefront....and its only in Charleston!?! Honey, how about I take you on a romantic trip to Charleston?
    MMinSC, M1911A1 and sdprof like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Wait, PSA has an actual storefront....and its only in Charleston!?! Honey, how about I take you on a romantic trip to Charleston?
    Lol! We have two stores within 30 minutes from me. The original is in Columbia. The stores are big. PSA opens them in supermarkets that went out of business. The website does not have a lot of inventory at all. They mostly use it for selling high volume deal stuff. The stores are jam packed though. Probably about 10-14 of the long glass display cabinets for handguns. Three shelves with the guns stored upright for each display case. Kinda hard to browse without asking to see something because the guns are so tightly packed. Fun to go there but you always end up buying something!
    PPS1980 and BigJon10125 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I have 3 CPX2's, waiting patiently for two trigger pull reduction kits (not the stroke kits).

They fit my ham sized hands pretty good. I don't think they are CC worthy for the most part, not because they are inexpensive, but because they wouldn't run steel cased Wolf polyformance reliably. That doesn't make them unreliable but it does likely make them picky. I haven't yet put any factory brass case or my own home-rolled through any of them, the snow is too deep to find and keep the brass.

I am looking forward to getting the new one however. I'm torn on the battery operated parts though, I don't shoot one particular gun often enough to keep batteries around for them. I just gave away my red dot because of that.

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    Is the DVG1 available yet for sale??

I would definitely consider one. The specs look right on. PSA had some smokin deals on the CPX-1 or CPX-2 around Christmas. They were $125 after rebate and I was considering one of those but never took the deal.

I have handled and been tempted by SCCYs, but their reputation keeps me away. I could never depend on one. Just MHO, YMMV.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I haven't been able to find any for sale. I read 1st quarter of 2020, so sometime before March it seems.

I don't think it's a matter of depending on one, It's more a matter of training with one. It's not a bad shooter once you get used to the gorilla sized trigger pull. I'm waiting for springs from M-Carbo to lighten that up, so we'll see how that works out.

I got my last two SCCY's in December, one new with the rebate and one new but pre-owned and the same price as a factory new with the rebate and the seller paid for the shipping. Basically two for less than $275 including transfer fee (and after I get the one rebate back). One of those was my wife's lime green one. Hers was a jammo-matic for the first mag. Always nose dived in the mags. Wolf ammo. My older one from last year ran fine with Wolf ammo but wasn't 100%. Out of ten mags I had one stove pipe. I didn't shoot the pre-owned new one. My wife's gun did not jam with my mags but she only put two of mags through hers.

I could see that the issue was with the mags, not the gun. I work on and tweek all my guns (they're all inexpensive so why not) so as soon as it warms up again I'll go run some more through it. Maybe this afternoon since today it's supposed to warm up into the 40's for the last time before the mercury drops out the bottom of the thermometer for the foreseeable future. If the snow melts out back I might shoot at least one mag of brass cased ammo too that I reloaded. Otherwise I have a 1000 steel cased to get rid of.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I have handled and been tempted by SCCYs, but their reputation keeps me away. I could never depend on one. Just MHO, YMMV.
    I've never even been tempted.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Sponsored Links