New pistol break in questions - Page 3

New pistol break in questions

This is a discussion on New pistol break in questions within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; To me a break in period is a misnomer. I have a confidence-in period prior to carry....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: New pistol break in questions

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    To me a break in period is a misnomer. I have a confidence-in period prior to carry.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    To me a break in period is a misnomer. I have a confidence-in period prior to carry.

Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Rook49 View Post
    I think a lot of good semi autos get blamed for malfunctions when it's actually the shooter...The Kel-Tec P-3AT .380 also got a bad reputation with the 1st generation model because people just didn't know how to handle the little 7.5 ounce pistol's recoil which is quiet snappy. I have a 1st generation P-3AT that I've carried daily since back around 2003 and again I have never had a failure of any sort with this gun. They're great little guns but they have to be held and held tight...no limp wristing...[emphasis added]
    Yes. This is frequently the case.
    Most people should not be trying to use mini-pistols: They are experts' tools.

My wife, Jean, shorter than five feet, 90 pounds when fully dressed and sopping wet, is very pleased with the P-3AT that she chose for herself.
    She knows how to hold it, and she knows how to hit with it, and it just doesn't bobble or jam.

But when she chose it, she already knew how to use a pistol properly, so the transition to a mini-pistol was easy for her.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links