Would/Does being limited to 10 rounds impact your carry caliber choice? - Page 4

Would/Does being limited to 10 rounds impact your carry caliber choice?

This is a discussion on Would/Does being limited to 10 rounds impact your carry caliber choice? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by G-man* I think for those of us that remember and lived thru the 90ís Brady Bill law, we all saw a common ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Would/Does being limited to 10 rounds impact your carry caliber choice?

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I think for those of us that remember and lived thru the 90ís Brady Bill law, we all saw a common theme.

And it seemed that when capacity was limited, people tended to gravitate towards larger calibers.

Also, service sized guns like the G17/22 ceased to make sense for carry, and the G26/27 became very popular.

As for me, then and now, with an autoloading pistol, any capacity issue can be solved in a second with a spare mag.
    But for the most part, itís not something I place a priority on.

But like others, I want the choice.
    I have a pet theory that the 94 AWB caused the resurgence in the 1911ís popularity for those very reasons...

That, and the .45GAP was Glock's gamble that it wouldíve been continued in '04...
    OD*, msgt/ret, Bad Bob and 1 others like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

As I carry an 8+1 1911, it matters not a twit to me.

Would/Does being limited to 10 rounds impact your carry caliber choice?-58809731_2691276400899910_6775159739476082688_n.jpg
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    "Laws are nothing more than guidelines for honest citizens to follow. Criminals care nothing for laws or their consequences, or the Police or Courts. Getting caught is nothing more to them than a minor inconvenience".--Me

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    I'll stay with my CZ 9mm and shot placement!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member

No, not personally. I do support having the option of more quantity, though. The Government should not be able to tell me what/how many rounds to carry.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

If I were limited to 10 rounds or less I would carry either my Ruger SP101 .357 magnum or my Taurus PT145 10 rounds .45 acp.
    Pete63 and sparkyfender like this.

VIP Member
    NO! Already carrying .41 mag., 10 mm, & .45 acp daily. Not the type to think: I'VE GOT TO HAVE OVER 10 ROUND MAG'S. Caliber & shot placement OVER "high capacity mag's", (what ever that is! )
    simonp67 and maxwell97 like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post

No, not personally. I do support having the option of more quantity, though. The Government should not be able to tell me what/how many rounds to carry.
    ...Especially since nobody seems to be able to regulate how many rounds the BGs have in their magazines.

(I wonder why that is.)
    Wavygravy, Pete63 and G26Raven like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    100% against any kind of magazine limit. Never made sense to me. But if it was imposed, I wouldn't be affected. I carry 5rd revolvers and 6+1 autos.
    sparkyfender likes this.

I would probably stick to single stacks and revolvers. I have several of each.

My USP Compact in .45 would start looking good.
    OD* and RScottie like this.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    It depends, Light carry for me is a 442 snubbie, and when I work it's a commander 1911; so the direct answer is no. However, I do like my Glock 19 and I see it as useless (compared to the 1911) if it only has 10 rounds in it. As soon as laws pass concerning magazine size...semi auto handguns will be next on the list.
    svgheartland and OD* like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    It depends, Light carry for me is a 442 snubbie, and when I work it's a commander 1911; so the direct answer is no. However, I do like my Glock 19 and I see it as useless (compared to the 1911) if it only has 10 rounds in it. As soon as laws pass concerning magazine size...semi auto handguns will be next on the list.
    Viney, I thinks itís because I allowed myself to sleep in a bit on a gray morning and Iím just into my first cup of coffee. Iím feeling melancholy. The notion of them going after semi autos made me think ď yeah, but it better not include .38 Super Commanders cause thatís crossing the lineĒ. I can pretty much guarantee that they wonít make a 1911 distinction between that configuration and all others, so I stand for keeping all of them above board and legal. After one more cup o joe Iíll be less peculiar......

Interesting comment on the Glock 19. Iím not a Glock guy and Iím really not a 9mm guy, but I keep threatening myself to get a Glock 19. I guess every motherís son should try one. But with a capacity cap of 10.....yeah, I agree. Throw it out, itís lost a lot of significance. Interesting notion.
    OD* and viney266 like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I was thinking about this last night...and I realized that this factor actually did greatly influence my choice for my first handgun.

I was at a gun show during the height of the AWB; I had $500, I wanted my first handgun...Iíd looked at stores, handled a few, had gotten a few friends' input, and Iíd come down with 3 options...a .357 revolver (Ruger GP100 or S&W 686...Pythons were just out of my reach at the time), a 1911 in .45, or a HK USP in any caliber.

Well...I found a few examples of all of them...I decided I was leaning more auto than revolver, though. My buddy who was with me was a bit of a 1911 guy, and none of the ones in my price range would get the nod from him.

But there were two used USP'sóone 9mm, and one .45. Both just over my budget...I decided Iíd stretch, but...how much; the .45 was, iirc, $50 more than the 9mm. The deciding factor was the fact that both were 10 round capacity...and if it's the same capacity, having bigger bullets just made more sense to me...and my buddy concurred.

So, I got the .45.

So, I guess if I was back in that same situation...I canít say for certain that it wouldnít influence my choice again.
    OD* likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I always carry at least one extra mag, no matter the rounds per mag. As I get older though, a lighter gun sounds more appealing.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

I'm not turning in any magazines. Stock up now peeps.
    viney266 and simonp67 like this.
    I got the fever,and the only prescription is more cowbell

No. I currently front pocket carry Boberg 9mm which is 7+1, and two extra mags in back pocket.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links