Run on Firearms/ammo

Run on Firearms/ammo

This is a discussion on Run on Firearms/ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a few items on a watch list at various sites, a wish list should I manage to save up enough money to buy. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Run on Firearms/ammo

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar

Run on Firearms/ammo

I have a few items on a watch list at various sites, a wish list should I manage to save up enough money to buy. Most of my wish lists were still in stock yesterday. For the fun of it, I checked again today. Almost NOTHING is there!!?? I haven't been to any brick and mortar stores yet, but wondered about that. Might head out tomorrow to pick up some range ammo. Anybody out and about today? Is the blackface terrorist creating a run on all things firearms?
    darbo and IlliniFanInTX like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

I am guessing this whole VA had people spooked worry something would happen ..Prob also some shot sale deals as well..

Really though things are only to get worst as the election etc are coming up
    5lima30ret and sparkyfender like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    I just looked at Lucky Gunner and they seem to have the standard stocks. No run on anything. Like predicting a financial recession that becomes an inevitable reality, we will talk our way into avoidable shortages on the firearms front I’m afraid.
    5lima30ret and Bad Bob like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    My LGS had good stock on guns and ammunition.
    Not seeing anything unusual in Texas.
    Though I do plan to pick up a few things on my wish list this year.
    I have most of what I need.
    Most of my money will be going to ammunition.
    You can never have enough ammunition

Senior Moderator
    Seeing nothing.....
    Bad Bob likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I stopped at a Walmart to pick up some oil and noticed large, empty spaces in the ammo shelves. I think I've bought ammo at WM once, so for it to stop selling it has no viable impact on me. But I did think I was going to have to "impact" a head or two with my cane on those shoppers who don't watch where they're shoving their carts.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I stopped at a Walmart to pick up some oil and noticed large, empty spaces in the ammo shelves. I think I've bought ammo at WM once, so for it to stop selling it has no viable impact on me. But I did think I was going to have to "impact" a head or two with my cane on those shoppers who don't watch where they're shoving their carts.
    The empty ammo shelves are due to them discontinuing handgun and "assault weapon" ammo.
    NECCdude, Bad Bob, dp1911 and 1 others like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I buy the majority of my ammo online and haven't seen any runs yet. Local Cabela's seems a bit light on .223/5.56 in small boxes, but have plenty in bulk boxes, along with everything else.

Nah. Better deals to be had around late this Oct. into the 1st couple days of Nov. (Fall sale). Just wait and stock up then.
    5lima30ret and sparkyfender like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

My local Walmart has a lot of vacant space on the ammo shelves but still has long gun ammo. OTOH, the Academy across the street is well stocked with everything including the harder to find calibers. Bass Pro also seems to be well stocked although I don't buy there due to increased sales tax at their location. YMMV.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

No run at the LGS here.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    Nope, not locally. May be just on line sales for MLK holiday.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I sometimes wonder if they drive as badly as they operate those carts.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

No run here yet.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

VIP Member
    I usually buy online in bulk - minimum of 500 rounds at a time. That's for range ammo. So far, no problems getting ammo.
    Microwave technicians are fully deviated.

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links