The deals just seem to keep getting better, must resist!

This is a discussion on The deals just seem to keep getting better, must resist! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I keep getting emails from my favorite dealers on weapons that seem to keep being offered at better and better deals. I just got a ...

Like Tree31Likes
  • 7 Post By PPS1980
  • 2 Post By Grizzly2
  • 4 Post By Struckat
  • 6 Post By OldChap
  • 3 Post By PPS1980
  • 3 Post By Struckat
  • 2 Post By OldChap
  • 1 Post By darbo
  • 1 Post By PPS1980
  • 2 Post By Nosler Guy

Thread: The deals just seem to keep getting better, must resist!

VIP Member

I keep getting emails from my favorite dealers on weapons that seem to keep being offered at better and better deals. I just got a PX4 that I am really enjoying so I really am not in the market for another weapon right now. That said, PSA needs to stop tempting me!

S&W Shield M2.0 45ACP 7rd 3.3" Pistol w/ Crimson Trace Red Laser - $299.99
    Struckat, darbo, G26Raven and 4 others like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

I saw that yesterday and looked but they were out of stock. Then I reminded myself that I really didn't want something striker fired for carry. If I did though, like you said, it's very tempting.
    PPS1980 and Struckat like this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly2 View Post
    I saw that yesterday and looked but they were out of stock. Then I reminded myself that I really didn't want something striker fired for carry. If I did though, like you said, it's very tempting.
    Thatís what I thought, but I made an exception for the Shield.
    No regret.
    PPS1980, OldChap, darbo and 1 others like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The Shield series guns are all excellent. The Shield .45 IMHO is the best of the best. It shoots amazingly well, is reliable with everything I've ever fed it, conceals perfectly, in short, does everything I need a carry gun to do.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    The Shield series guns are all excellent. The Shield .45 IMHO is the best of the best. It shoots amazingly well, is reliable with everything I've ever fed it, conceals perfectly, in short, does everything I need a carry gun to do.
    I don't have a compact in 45ACP......my 45ACP is double stack and all steel so it weighs a ton and a half.........it has a laser.......it has a great reputation......its a great price........... must resist.....
    OldChap, 5lima30ret and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    I don't have a compact in 45ACP......my 45ACP is double stack and all steel so it weighs a ton and a half.........it has a laser.......it has a great reputation......its a great price........... must resist.....
    Well maybe this helps, it shoots nearly as soft as my Sig 220.
    OldChap, G26Raven and 5lima30ret like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Tempting however I`m a 1911 fan and don`t like Tupperware weapons with No Safety. Just a Me thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Tempting however I`m a 1911 fan and don`t like Tupperware weapons with No Safety. Just a Me thing.
    You can get a Shield without a safety, but most have them as standard equipment.
    5lima30ret and PPS1980 like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

I have had (2) Shields (his and hers) mine was sans safety and my wife's had the safety. FWIW, mine w/o safety seemed to have a slightly better trigger. I think that the easiest to carry and proven single stack polymer .45 out there is the Shield. I imagine that at some point Sig will come out with a .45 version of the P-365. Just my .02 worth!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array darbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    I keep getting emails from my favorite dealers on weapons that seem to keep being offered at better and better deals. I just got a PX4 that I am really enjoying so I really am not in the market for another weapon right now. That said, PSA needs to stop tempting me!

S&W Shield M2.0 45ACP 7rd 3.3" Pistol w/ Crimson Trace Red Laser - $299.99
    A few weeks ago PSA had a sale on "blemished" AR rifle kits. The kit had everything except a lower, it included lower parts kit, Magpul furniture, free float handguard everything. The price was $360! I didn't pass on that one. I did find the blem and it was completely insignificant.

So the moral of the story...buy the gun!
    OldVet likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    A few weeks ago PSA had a sale on "blemished" AR rifle kits. The kit had everything except a lower, it included lower parts kit, Magpul furniture, free float handguard everything. The price was $360! I didn't pass on that one. I did find the blem and it was completely insignificant.

So the moral of the story...buy the gun!
    I got my PSA AR-15 in a similar way. Bought all the parts from them when they were on sale and built the thing bit by bit. The only thing I "overpaid" for was the receiver because I wanted an "ISTAND" and Betsy Ross flag one so I paid $30 too much. Total out the door for a solid AR build (that has been 100% flawless) was $372 including Chromed 1:8 barrel and MLok furniture.
    darbo likes this.

We are currently in a soft market for firearms so the deals are plentiful. That may change in the future but for now I am really enjoying the hefty discounts. I almost bought a 9mm shield when there was that smoking manufacturer rebate on them. I think they were going for some crazy price like $175 after the rebate. Then last year PSA had Kel Tec P-32's for $149. I was so tempted I almost went for it. I waited one day and then found out they were sold out. If you see a good deal, jump on it right then and there. Otherwise it may be gone forever.
    PPS1980 and 5lima30ret like this.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Well maybe this helps, it shoots nearly as soft as my Sig 220.
    ^^^That is very true!^^^ The P-220 is probably the best shooting full-size .45... next to a Colt 1911!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Sponsored Links