You have to blame somebody.

This is a discussion on You have to blame somebody. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He starts out warning people on the local Facebook page that a black suv is going around in areas north of town and it stops ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: You have to blame somebody.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar

He starts out warning people on the local Facebook page that a black suv is going around in areas north of town and it stops and the occupants get out and look in peoples windows. So the first reply-comment is that it is too bad that we don't have laws in Illinois like the stand your ground and castle laws like they have in Florida. This same person makes another comment saying our laws in Illinois suck.

I replied that they need to get a FOID card and a gun and then they are allowed to protect themselves in Illinois just like anywhere else. But you can't just shoot somebody for driving into your driveway. Funny how people are against guns until they find a need to protect themselves and then they blame somebody else because they don't have a gun.

When Illinois passed the concealed carry law I had a feeling that there were a lot of people who didn't understand the responsibilities of carrying a gun. This persons comments makes me think there are a lot of people who don't understand the meaning of stand your ground or the castle law too.

Maybe I am making too much out of this because I know that a lot of people who make comments on social media aren't real deep thinkers anyway.

You last sentence is the telling one. Stuff on sites like Facebook is to be ignored. Even the VCDL Facebook page is full of unhinged BS. The moderators can't keep up.

The old saying applies to social media, "Never argue with an idiot. He will pull you down to his level and beat you with more experience (at being an idiot)."
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Donít be to harsh on the online people, after all, you are here too..hahaha

There is some local app my wife reads and the stuff people post really shows their ignorance. Around here, far to the north of you, they cruise our neighborhood in stolen cars. Some of the punks get out and check for unlocked cars. It is an eye opener for those who donít know.

Last year one guy went out and confronted a group doing car checks. One pulled a knife and got shot dead. Now everyone involved has had drastic life changes. The home owner was acquitted, but itís not worth it.

I watched a recent video from a block over from me. They were checking cars when the cops came around the corner. They got back in the car. Drove through a yard to get by the officer, and off the went. My town has a no chase policy.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Idiots abound.

In fact, they outnumber us.

All we can do is continue to try to educate those around us, those open to learning, and support organizations focused on education like the NRA, local gun organizations like VCDL and GOME, the BSA, 4H and others. We need to teach our way out of this morass.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Idiots abound.

In fact, they outnumber us.
    Relax, there's only one of me.
    LimaCharlie, OD*, OldChap and 8 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    OD*, NECCdude and LimaCharlie like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Ah, You my friend are no Idiot. Curmudgeon? Yes. Idiot? Nope.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I am sure glad I learned about guns and ballistics before the internet. The internet gurus say that caliber doesn't matter for self defense. The internet gurus say that caliber is critical for bear defense.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Ah, You my friend are no Idiot. Curmudgeon? Yes. Idiot? Nope.
    That does not explain some of the idiotic things I've done.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRQFMHRSj9I
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Expeience, the greatest teacher.
    If you survive the experience that is...

Obviously, you have done something right to reach Curmudgeon stage.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Well, most people seem to operate soley within their established comfort zones with no desire to learn more. Then something occurs that pushes them out of it and their eyes open a bit. Unfortunately, they then don't realize they haven't the knowledge base to react properly. The intelligent will seek the answers: When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
    ďPropaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.Ē
    -- Edward Bernays

Along this same line I have noticed that people are quick to post on social media sites like Nextdoor that a suspicious vehicle is casing their neighborhood yet they never notify the local police! Yet they will be quick to criticize the local PD for being ineffective at solving crimes!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Don't feel pregnant. You ain't alone Bucko.
    OldVet likes this.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Frank Zappa
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links