Anybody Else Have Brownell's Patience Issues?

This is a discussion on Anybody Else Have Brownell's Patience Issues? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Granted, I've only made two orders from Brownell's recently, but each time it has taken FOREVER to finally get my shipments delivered. They keep sending ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Anybody Else Have Brownell's Patience Issues?

Distinguished Member

Granted, I've only made two orders from Brownell's recently, but each time it has taken FOREVER to finally get my shipments delivered. They keep sending teaser emails about how my shipment is "on the way," but days and days (over a week) go by. Anyone else have this problem with the company? Just curious.
    BCC73, OD*, Pete63 and 1 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Same experience.....I'm not the most patient man
    Wavygravy, ToniTX and CLASS3NH like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

7-8 days is about average delivery time for me . FWIW - Grinnell , Iowa is about a 10 hour drive from my house . Idk
    Wavygravy, OD* and CLASS3NH like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I kinda have mixed feeling about them.....love their products, especially their cleaning and gunsmithing tools, really like their sales, I'll go broke when they have their free-shipping .01C Hazmat deals, but I can't freaking stand their shipping policies.

"Smartpost" is the ^&&^$ devil's invention and the FEDEX KC transfer station is THE place packages go to die. Individually FEDEX and USPS are great, combined it's a shipping goatscrew.

So,

IF I need it fast, I'll order somewhere else, or pony up for the expedited shipping. If I've got the time, I'll order using Brownell's free shipping. Then I won't track it, I'll just wait till it shows up and be surprised and happy!
    homo homini lupus est

Distinguished Member
    Good. I'm glad it's not just me. Finally went to the FedEX website w/ my tracking #. It MIGHT get here on Monday. Sheesh. Two weeks?
    Next time I'll order from Cheaper Than Dirt or somewhere else, I get stuff in 3 days.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Yea, I guess I've dealt with Brownells for 35 years or so. A few years ago they announced a new person,family member?, was taking over and their operations were being revised. More efficient, better customer service, yada, yada,yada.

FWIW, I used to routinely, for years and years, receive orders within a week or less. Now, always longer. I have no doubt that the new, better, more efficient systems do have a positive effect.............on the owner's bottom line. For customers, not so much
    OD*, Wavygravy, CLASS3NH and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Smart Post is positively the worst way to ship anything if you want to keep your customers! I also have found that anything that gets sent by Smart Post takes an extra full week or more to arrive - with increased probably that the boxes will be damaged along the way.

For Brownells: If customers go elsewhere because of this lousy delivery service it will reflect on their bottom line! Once you lose customers it is really hard to get them back. It is all too often a real shame when the original owner of a good company turns over the reigns to the next in line. Occasionally a business with thrive through the 2nd generation and even more occasionally through the 3rd generation, but that seems to me to be very rare.
    CLASS3NH, OD*, rock185 and 3 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Midway gets a full 90% of my online business. I've always had good service with their "Express Shipping". 2-4 days max. Brownell's, not so much.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Conversely, Rockauto ships me everything so fast it's like 2-day delivery at it's slowest rate. That's why it is my go-to for auto parts.
    airslot and OD* like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I use Brownels Edge program ("free" shipping) because I do enough business with them each year that it pays for itself. I get my orders pretty quickly - usually 2-3 days.
    airslot, ShooterGranny and OD* like this.
    You are your own first responder.

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    Every time I have ordered from Brownells I get my order in less than 24 hours and for free...

I'm only one state away though!

My wait time between ordering and shipment confirmation is usually two to three days. So from order to receiving package it usually takes about a week. Remember the old days when you chose a product out of a catalog, filled out the order envelope, and waited...and waited...and waited? By the time the thing arrived you had forgotten about it all together. I am patient enough to wait a week.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

I ordered from them recently and I think it took about 2 weeks to get my stuff. Their shipping definitely isnít as quick as the guy I prefer to buy my reloading stuff from, but at least everything doesnít come apart like it does when I order from midway. Canít win em all I guess.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Granted, I've only made two orders from Brownell's recently, but each time it has taken FOREVER to finally get my shipments delivered. They keep sending teaser emails about how my shipment is "on the way," but days and days (over a week) go by. Anyone else have this problem with the company? Just curious.
    Seems to be the "Norm" for other online stores too......I get calls from people wanting to order thru the Store, but I always attempt to switch em over to the Dover NH Center Warehouse....This way, it gets processed right away, and NO further shipping issues....
    OD* likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array darbo's Avatar
    Looks like I'm going to find out how long their shipping takes to get to Fl. I just ordered a Holosun on Saturday.
    OD* and CLASS3NH like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links