How many of you number your magazines? - Page 4

How many of you number your magazines?

This is a discussion on How many of you number your magazines? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rocky Speaking for myself, I will drop , kick step on or otherwise abuse range mags while training. I will not do ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: How many of you number your magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Speaking for myself, I will drop , kick step on or otherwise abuse range mags while training. I will not do the same with carry mags. $20 per mag can add up quick that could be spent on other things. Training, ammo ect.

and I think you can do that without marking, numbering, duct taping, writing them in a log or otherwise putting hieroglyphs on your mags so that you can manage it.
    APX-9M likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Lead Moderator
    Just numbered to keep track of any that give me issues. It simple and quick.
    OD* likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    and I think you can do that without marking, numbering, duct taping, writing them in a log or otherwise putting hieroglyphs on your mags so that you can manage it.
    I think so too, but to each their own.
    Fizban likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

JD
    Administrator
    Next time I'm going to get polkadot tape and mark them in hexadecimal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    A few years ago I purchased an LEO trade-in Sig P220, an old West Germany model and it came with 8 magazines and all were numbered on the bottom in white nail polish or paint.
    I grew to like that system as I could keep track of any finicky mags and fix them or just use them for training mags. I can also write down new spring dates or what not.
    I have continued this practice today. Just finished numbering the 7 mags for the newly acquired PPS.

Do any of you do this or is it too "ghetto' to mark up your mags? Or maybe your more discreet and put it somewhere it doesn't show?
    I like being able to see it at a glance but, I don't carry any BBQ guns either so maybe that would alter my habit a bit.
    I have written "Insert other end first" on mine. Working flawlessly so far.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.― Friedrich Nietzsche

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    All my mags get numbered. Some get color coded AND numbered!

So a little more as to the "why" of this.

One, I ran out of yellow tape.

Two, It makes the mags easier to find in grass / sets them apart from other peoples mags.

If you've never been on a relay with 11 other people and everyone is shooting Glock 17s you might not understand that ID'ing your equipment can be problematic.

The higher viz markings is something for my competition/training mags only but follows suit with the rest of my typical EDC items.

The knife and light I use a lot in dark places or in dark interior vehicles. The yellow helps me find them when I set them down.

The yellow band on the pepper spray means its mine and that my wife shouldn't steal it.

Distinguished Member Array SFury's Avatar
    As long as I don't have issues with my magazines I don't bother to number them. When one of my X-Bolt magazines started having feed issues, I numbered the three I had. The issue was intermittent, and I finally nailed it down because of the numbering.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    All of my old game gun mags are numbered with an etching pen and some of the others are too. However I hate to admit it but I've become lazy. If I run into a problem the first thing I'll do is become industrious and etch any that aren't numbered.
    Joe

Only the real good playboy magazines,i number them a 10.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links