Shooting at Walmart - Page 2

Shooting at Walmart

This is a discussion on Shooting at Walmart within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Texas Red Here's hoping the wounded officers a full and speedy recovery. Walmarts, Waffle Houses... Gotta stay away from W places. But ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Shooting at Walmart

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Here's hoping the wounded officers a full and speedy recovery.

Walmarts, Waffle Houses...

Gotta stay away from W places.
    But that would include women so I'll have to pass on that advice.
    gasmitty likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Glad you are ok!
    Will keep the officers and other victims in my prayers.

Did a quick Google search, but didn't find anything on this yet. Please keep us posted.

With my change in employment I am often without a firearm. It has been an adjustment from the last 25+ years of carrying most of the time.
    https://wreg.com/2020/02/10/large-po...rted-shooting/
    TSKnight, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Sad to hear.....nowadays it's upon us before we know it !!! I'm armed every where I go....the GFZ's worry me just a little, but I'm willing to take the chance to defend myself.
    Hopefully the Officers will all be OK.....
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    14 billion 300 million customers per year at US Walmarts.....heck wally world could be the safest place to be.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Senior Moderator
    Is this a first for Defensive Carry where a Forum member was present at such an event?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Didn't carry...ÖÖ.Trouble Doesn't Make An Appointment.

I used to get ridiculed by a few as being "paranoid". I have carried a rifle, a Level IIIA panel, and enough ammo to equip a Marine platoon in a bag when Mrs OldChap goes to WalMart for quite a few years now. I don't carry it inside, I do my overwatch thing for her by remaining vigilant outside in the truck.

Lately I'm beginning to believe perhaps more people need to start being "paranoid", or is it simply being "prepared"?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Dang! If I ever feel the need to carry a rifle, level IIIA armor and a cache of ammo to go shopping, I am shopping at the wrong store.
    I know what happened in El Paso , but dang! Next you're gonna have to armor up the old truck, OldChap! :)
    hogdaddy, matthew03 and airslot like this.

With the last round of Walmart shootings, our brass actually suggested we all keep rifles in our personal vehicles... which Iím not going to argue with him; built an AR pistol for that, and have a Level III vest ready (my own funds).

We donít have car break-ins up this way, due to the amount of L/E. Obviously I make sure it isnít visible, which I feel is the best deterrent. In the town, we have two different Federal L/E stations, one Federal L/E sector HQ, State police barracks, county sheriff/jail, as well as local L/E. That being said, you may have 4 local guys patrolling. We already have it planned that if there were an active shooter in a local school, a car with a handful of our guys would likely be the fastest response...

But it all depends on the situation. Likelihood Iím going to find out about it when Iím near my vehicle... maybe 33%. If Iím inside, itís going to be what I have on me and Iím moving towards the shots.

Dentist (went the other day for a check up, and tomorrow to fix an old filling), doctor, even eye doctor... I carry. Trust me, I donít lecture people when to carry (hope OP doesnít take it as such), since I donít walk in their shoes. People give me crap for it all the time, even guys at work when I put in a request to fly armed... but just how I feel about the responsibility with it. Only exception is when I physically canít (go into Canada), but I store it at work prior to crossing the border and pick it up as soon as I get back.
    matthew03, airslot and CLASS3NH like this.

I try to not go there, but with the other half in my life I got to do what I have too. Happy wife happy life. Glad your ok Flitlock62 ; ) PS It's like insurance, when you drop em you'll get into it
    H/D
    flintlock62 likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Dang! If I ever feel the need to carry a rifle, level IIIA armor and a cache of ammo to go shopping, I am shopping at the wrong store.
    I know what happened in El Paso , but dang! Next you're gonna have to armor up the old truck, OldChap! :)
    It's everywhere. Not many gang shootouts get attention, even the ones civilians are hit by mistake. They are common even in rural small towns now.
    If I were sitting in a parking lot, especially considering "wife in a mega store timeframe" I would really like to have a long gun around. Two + hours minimum in a high probability conflict area; I want a long gun within reach.
    airslot and CLASS3NH like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Shooting at Walmart? That's not news, that's the daily report! Hoping for a quick recovery for both officers.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Shooting at Walmart? That's not news, that's the daily report! Hoping for a quick recovery for both officers.
    One will be OK, my friend Eric, the other officer is in critical condition. Hopefully he will pull through.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Here is where things get dicey. We tell the anti gunners that these incidents are a statistical anomaly. Say 12,000 firearm homicides per year in a country of 350,000,000. Mass shooting are still a tiny fraction of that. They conflate the emotion of these tragedies to justify disarming America. Yet they do not have the same agenda for vehicular deaths, medical malpractice or all the chemicals they ingest.

At the same time I think we fall victim to this emotion, but in a different way. If you objectively read all these posts you might get the idea we live in a war zone. As a guy who works in Detroit I have to question the perceived level of threat. No doubt it is out there, but is it what we make it to be?

I am 3 to 4 times more likely to die in my car each day than to be killed in a homicide and yet each time I turn the key I never think about dying. I never run through scenarios of how I might react to a drunk driver doing this or a truck doing that. What I do do is put on my safety belt and do my best to pay attention.

So I just ask, do we as a group sometimes get a little carried away with the level of danger we perceive around us? (Assuming you donít live in a gang ridden neighborhood or something similar. I have walked through areas where kicking brass was not uncommon. If only the anti gunners put their passions on helping those places....)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    Shooter is dead. Two officers wounded. one officer is a good friend of mine
    Prayers offered up for your Officer Friend.... Good thing you weren't involved
    flintlock62 likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links