If you were to sell a firearm... - Page 3

If you were to sell a firearm...

This is a discussion on If you were to sell a firearm... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MMinSC No way I would sell my Model 60. Just too accurate and the value/effort ratio is too low for my lazy ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: If you were to sell a firearm...

If you were to sell a firearm...

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    No way I would sell my Model 60. Just too accurate and the value/effort ratio is too low for my lazy self to bother.
    I have three of them and wouldn’t sale one. Two are squirrel sticks and the other a 1989 model.
    airslot likes this.

I've sold a couple of M&P 9c's recently. Both were purchased only because they were "good deals" and went to friends at cost.

In '88, I foolishly sold all but the heirlooms. NEVER AGAIN
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

This one, My FN-49. I purchased it during the surplus boom (late 80's - early 90's). 8mm Mauser was available cheap. All the same I never really liked it.
    MMinSC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a few Gen2 Glocks I would part with if I “needed” to.

I've sold three guns and had one stolen from me,(over 20 years ago). I regretted selling them, (and losing the one). I will not sell any more of my firearm collection but will gift them to my two sons when the time is right.
    airslot likes this.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    The only expendable I have right now is a M&P 9c. If you were to sell a firearm...-image.jpeg
    One 12 RND and 2-17 RND mags with XGrip
    scottync likes this.

My father is trying to unload his 1976 S&W model 27-2 with original box, cleaning kit, papers, and receipt.

I, on the other hand, could part with the Sig Mosquito .22 that I bought for my ex to practice with.

It's not that we have different tastes, just different budgets!

If you were to sell a firearm...-20191026_200609.jpg
    Psalm 144:1

I have bought and sold hundreds of guns since my first purchase in 1962. I have moved across the US several times in the military or for jobs later. I have sold entire large collections including the safe before moving across country. I only kept one or two guns for me and my wife during the move. I have owned and sold the same model gun three or four times.
    scottync, airslot and Any Day Now like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    Only ones I would sell are my striker fired guns. I got 2 Ruger LC9S , a S&W PC Shield 9mm, and a Shield 45 I would sell any day. Ain't never gonna sell any of my hammer fired guns though. They will be passed down to children/grandchildren when I'm gone.
    I'd buy the Shield 45 in a heartbeat, even though I don't need any more guns right now. @rlggray , PM me w/ details/condition/year bought, etc. if you really want to sell it.
    Last edited by Wavygravy; February 23rd, 2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I’m in the down sizing mode right now. I’ve sol half a dozen guns before this last year. I’m the last year I’ve sold an AR, an AR pistol, an XDs 9mm, and a Mosin.

Have a Remi 12 tactical I want to sell, a Springfield Micro 1911, a Springfield XD in 9mm, SA XDm in 9, and maybe a Glock 26. Just have to find the right buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I have an old Davis .380 that I wouldn't have a problem parting with. And an old NEF single shot 12ga. That I could let go of.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

3 of my glock handguns,I hate them.A family friend said he would buy them off of me.Going through a gun shop to do everything right
    SmitKoWitz likes this.

the only thing i have i would consider parting with is a m&p 40c m2.0. only about 400 rounds down the pipe. the only thing really keeping it here is the fact that i don't have any holsters yet for 1911s. come to think of it, i might consider selling the marlin 336c waffle top in 32 winchester special. but, that would have to be a special case for that to happen. everything else i have is inherited, and will be passed down.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

I've been selling some guns here and there lately - basically sold all my plastic guns.

I had 1 left...a Taurus G2 9mm...just had more into it with extra mags and stainless guide rod upgrade than I could get back out of it...they sell so dang cheap brand new.

BUT

A friend wanted an inexpensive 9mm so off went the G2 literally this past week.

I got a few bucks to put towards something new and he got a solid 9mm with a few extra 18 round mags with grips sleeves = win / win.

Not sure what I'm going to put the funds towards...could be a pistol caliber carbine, an old S&W revolver, a "nice" 9mm of some kind...honestly its kinda fun knowing I can get something new when it catches my fancy.
    "All the armies of Europe and Asia could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years...As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.” ― Abraham Lincoln

I’m unlike most people here...except for a few special items, my entire collection (or “The Armory" as I like to call it) could go for the right price. At any given time, I’ve usually got anywhere from one to five guns listed on Armslist and local boards.

There have only been a few pieces that I’ve sold/traded over the years that I look back and think...”man, I shouldn’t have let that one go...”; but to the best of my knowledge, of those few, there’s only one I missed enough to actually replace.

I guess to me...they’re just guns.
    scottync likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links