Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2 - first impressions + range trip

This is a discussion on Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2 - first impressions + range trip within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to my favorite local LGS and they had completely remodeled and have started carrying a lot more manufacturers...got to keep up with PSA I ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Any Day Now
  • 2 Post By RScottie
  • 1 Post By Any Day Now
  • 2 Post By Cornhusker95
  • 1 Post By RScottie

Thread: Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2 - first impressions + range trip

Went to my favorite local LGS and they had completely remodeled and have started carrying a lot more manufacturers...got to keep up with PSA I guess

They had almost the entire Sarsilmaz pistol line - I had never run across them out in the wild.

I have always had my eye on the SAR BP6c - a little CZ75 compact clone so i was jazzed to get to hold one...honestly very nice and I can see getting one soon however...

The CM9 gen2 caught my eye and I couldn't resist. I believe first gen was called K2P and imported by EAA - they worked out some kinks - got a new distributor and now its the Combat Master (CM) 9.

Its a hammer fired polymer full size duty pistol. Not overly huge by any means though. Standard mags are 15+1. I've read that it takes CZ75 mags 17 / 19 rounders - but I cannot confirm this yet.

Felt great in my hand - grip has mild finger grooves - and it just exuded quality. Very tight - fit and finish is top notch. Tested the trigger = long smooth DA and crisp light SA. Big white dot adjustable sights.

Needless to say I looked at a lot of guns that day ($$$ in hand and wife on board so I was coming home with something!) but kept coming back to the SAR CM9.

Priced at $300 - so it came home.

Pistol came in a hard shell case with 2 mags, a cleaning brush, 3 back strap sizes, and a site adjustment key.

Broke it down to clean it before 1st range trip...seriously impressed with the workmanship. No tooling marks or burrs inside at all and the entire barrel is polished to a very high shine. Some articles say is chrome plated - cannot say for certain but it looks exceptional and the feed ramp was highly polished as well. Also has a stainless guide rod.

Cleaned and lubed her up and off to the range.

We ran 3 boxes of 115GR round nose (PMC, Blazer, & Speer lawman) - so 150 rounds - not a single hitch. We started out just shooting for function - firing kinda fast but it was shooting so straight that towards the end we were able to knock off "hangers" and make a pretty good hole (10 yards). Being a CZ clone the slide is inside the frame so recoil was minimal...one of the sweetest shooting 9mms I've ever fired.

The SA trigger is great - not 1911 great - but very crisp especially for a poly gun.

All in all I'm very impressed with the build quality and at $300 I feel like I stole it. I wanted a 9mm "range gun" and I prefer hammers - so this pistol ticked off all my boxes.

So if you've considered SAR pistols but just weren't sure - pull the trigger. I have owned a lot of guns over the years and this one is nice. If you've never heard of them - do some research and see what you think. The CM 9 doesn't have a ton of reviews yet but the ones I found were positive.

Good news = nice new pistol.

Bad news = wife now wants a Kimber Not a Kimber hater - they are just pricey...but hey happy wife = happy life right???

Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2 - first impressions + range trip-cm9.jpg

Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2 - first impressions + range trip-targ.jpg
    "All the armies of Europe and Asia could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years...As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide. ― Abraham Lincoln

I love my SAR B6c.

Sarsilmaz makes good firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    I love my SAR B6c.

Sarsilmaz makes good firearms.
    That's the exact model that got me interested in SAR to begin with.

It looked just as well made as the CM9 - but at the end of the day I just went with the higher capacity.

How does the B6c look internally???

I cant get over how well machined the CM9 is...
    RScottie likes this.
    "All the armies of Europe and Asia could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years...As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide. ― Abraham Lincoln

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Only Kahr makes the true CM9...JK

Quote Originally Posted by Any Day Now View Post
    That's the exact model that got me interested in SAR to begin with.

It looked just as well made as the CM9 - but at the end of the day I just went with the higher capacity.

How does the B6c look internally???

I cant get over how well machined the CM9 is...
    It's well machined as well.

It is also the most accurate 9mm I have shot, far more accurate than I am able to shoot it, but others have shown me.

It is also a pistol that everyone that has shot it loves and says they want one too.

My LGS has also started carrying SARS. They have not gotten the CM2 yet, but said they had them ordered.

I may have to get one.
    Any Day Now likes this.

Is the safety unable to engage when the hammer is up or decocked like a cz 75/85?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links