Kirtland Airman arrested after stash of weapons found in home

This is a discussion on Kirtland Airman arrested after stash of weapons found in home within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm putting this in General because not sure where it should go - please move if deemed necessary. Not sure if anyone has seen this ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Kirtland Airman arrested after stash of weapons found in home

I'm putting this in General because not sure where it should go - please move if deemed necessary.
    Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, an article in Stars and Stripes

https://www.stripes.com/news/air-for...ENdcqPPsj_Fank
    Retired USAF
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

For all that writing, not much useful information at all.
    bigmacque, Poorly and 5lima30ret like this.

Senior Moderator
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (Tribune News Service) – A U.S. airman assigned to Kirtland Air Force Base is in federal custody after military investigators searching his KAFB residence found a cache of 17 firearms, two silencers, large amounts of ammunition, bomb-making instructions and photos of rifle magazines with the names of mass shooters written on them.
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection intercepted a package addressed to Justice at the international postal station at John F. Kennedy airport in New York City. Agents opened the package because the Chinese company that sent it was known to ship silencers into the U.S. illegally.

Agents found information that Justice had placed orders with Chinese vendors of shipping firearm-related devices like the silencer in the past.

The specific silencer agents found was sold under the name of “Inline Filter” with the intent to disguise it as an automotive part.

Once they found the silencer, agents notified Air Force Office of Special Investigation agents who questioned Justice and searched his residence on the base. The search was carried out under military rules based on authority granted by Col. David Miller, Commander, 377th Air Base Wing.
    Hmmmmm............

Not smart.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Prepping isn't without risk.
    OD* and bigmacque like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Weed then out wherever they can.

Now I need to hide my Chinese "mufflers."
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Dude seriously missed his calling. Should have been a Leatherneck...
    OD*, demanic and bigmacque like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

"Bomb-making instructions" ... "Investigators also found instructions on making “Molotov” cocktails and other explosive devices."

Yeah, those Molotov cocktails are complex devices requiring instructions.
    OD*, ETXhiker and bigmacque like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    "Bomb-making instructions" ... "Investigators also found instructions on making “Molotov” cocktails and other explosive devices."

Yeah, those Molotov cocktails are complex devices requiring instructions.
    Well, matches are involved.
    bigmacque, montejames and OD* like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    In any case, he is in deep doo-doo. Pretty hard to defend his actions on many levels.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

There is a lot missing from that story, was he married and living n base housing. If so he may store weapons in his residence but they must be registered with Security Forces and there would be a record. If he was single and living in the barracks his weapons must still be registered but must be stored in the armory and I am certain they would not allow the storage of “bomb making” materials.
    OldVet and Wolf357 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    There is a lot missing from that story, was he married and living n base housing. If so he may store weapons in his residence but they must be registered with Security Forces and there would be a record. If he was single and living in the barracks his weapons must still be registered but must be stored in the armory and I am certain they would not allow the storage of “bomb making” materials.
    I was told from several others that some SP's would go in and take someones weapon out of the armory and use it. It would be returned but they would not clean it, not to mention the fact they took it without the owners permission. I had a friend in base housing that kept mine for me and I could come by and pick it up whenever I wanted as I lived in the barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    So no more empty bottles and old underwear? I'd be in big trouble too!

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    I was told from several others that some SP's would go in and take someones weapon out of the armory and use it.
    That's always the story, but I never knew anyone who knew anyone that actually had it happen. Know what I mean? That would be cause for an SP to be in deep Doo himself. I'm sure there would be investigations if that were a real problem.
    Tundra5.7 and msgt/ret like this.

Every time I read stories like this, I think about how my google history coupled with other items in my home that I can legally have, could be used to write a similar story. Kind of a scary thought.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's always the story, but I never knew anyone who knew anyone that actually had it happen. Know what I mean? That would be cause for an SP to be in deep Doo himself. I'm sure there would be investigations if that were a real problem.
    A TSgt and several SSgt's told me about this so it sounded legit to this A1C at the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links