I like the way our sheriff thinks.

This is a discussion on I like the way our sheriff thinks. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On Thursday it was announced that our county would halt the processing of CCW permits due to the virus scare. Tentative date of resumption April ...

Like Tree42Likes
  • 25 Post By mmb617
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 3 Post By Nmuskier
  • 5 Post By mmb617
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By Pete63
  • 2 Post By Rook49

Thread: I like the way our sheriff thinks.

On Thursday it was announced that our county would halt the processing of CCW permits due to the virus scare. Tentative date of resumption April 6. This due to people needing to come to the courthouse to apply. At that time the sheriff pointed out that there was a 6 month grace period for those who had an expired permit. He also expressed his respect for people's 2A rights.

But then today it was announced that his office has decided to continue issuing permits by appointment only and gave the phone number to set up such an appointment. He promised appointments would be made ASAP. He said he did this because the crisis might go on longer than originally expected.

From our local paper "Ott stressed he did not want to infringe on anyone's Constitutional or Second Amendment rights or the ability of people to protect themselves or their family".

I always did think he was doing a good job. This proves he has a good head on his shoulders.

Good to hear the Sheriff is standing up for his constituents!
    OD* likes this.

Our Sheriff dept.announced this week that they would take no more appointments for new Conceal Carry permits until further notice.This is due to them having new permit holders scheduled as a group to review paperwork and be finger printed.They will still do renewals since they don't require finger printing.Our local PD also announced that they will not do any non-criminal finger printing such as for job applications etc. for a while.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

He realizes that in a time of crisis, the more lawfully armed people, the better.
    Fallsrider, OD* and Pete63 like this.
    Psalm 144:1

It gets even better. Yesterday the sheriff announced that due to the number of appointments and some people having trouble meeting daytime appointments he will now be scheduling evening appointments M-F from 5-9.

Seems like he's going out of his way to make sure people can get and renew their permits.

I voted for him last time and you can bet he's earned my vote when re-election time comes.

My Democratic sheriff has nothing to do with issuing permits, that's a state function. I haven't heard a word from him during this whole virus affair. I can guarantee he would have stopped issuing permits if up to him. He's probably still mad that after the Parkland school shooting, when he asked the gun store to stop carrying ARs, the stores doubled up on inventory.
    Pete63, Fallsrider and RedSafety like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Our sheriff announced that they are not taking any new concealed carry permit applications until after April 30th. If your existing permit expires between now and then, they will take you by appointment only.

VIP Member
    That's a good attitude. In the case of my state, I guess you could say they infringe on my rights by making me have a "permit", to carry a firearm here concealed. BUT, ANYTIME I want a firearm (s), I just BUY IT! NO waiting! Picked up the last item on my 2 decades old "want" list Tuesday. Yes, it was a poor time to try to order it from my local source, but I'd been waiting for a "number of months" for one to come in, which it did last Thursday. Couldn't even get through to them, to order it, till Friday. Shipped Monday, and picked up Tuesday. No wait times, for us people in Texas. We always seem to rate, "not so well", in some peoples minds, but when it "REALLY MATTERS", we "git'r done!"
    OD*, montejames and bullet183 like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Having to apply for a permit for something that is already guaranteed by the constitution is unconstitutional.
    RedSafety and bullet183 like this.

Sponsored Links